Holland Residential

www.hollandpartnergroup.com

Holland Residential Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Clyde Holland

Great Company to work for!

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsManagment cares about their employees, corporate office isn't just a building full of horrible people, they're all great and enjoy having fun at their jobs. LOTS of opportunity for advancement, constantly buying/building properties.

ConsDress code is pretty strict and not always flattering. Lack of training offered.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up better training within the company that is exciting and rewarding. Pay incentives/spiffs/contests.

Great Company to work for with advancement opportunity

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsOpportunity for advancement, people who care about you, fun!

ConsVery high expectations, always a lot to do, need improved computer system

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep promoting from within, get better computers

They have it together!

Maintenance Tech II (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsI can easily say that Holland Residential is one of best property management companies to work for. The pay is pretty good and upper management is awesome. They offer a lot of training for all the employees, from maintenance to sales associates. The invest in their employees and promote from within. Check out Holland Residential!

ConsCan't think of any right now

Advice to Senior ManagementI love the open door policy!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast Growing Company!

ProsThe usual starting position, Leasing Agent, pays well in comparison to other companies. A strong bonus compensation encourages you to succeed. Generally, their upper upper management has been great. Their is a real sense that they care about their employees. The team based culture leads to real sense of community. Lots of expansion means more job opportunities in the near future.

ConsDepending on your regional manager, you can be set up for success, or struggle with your hands tied by micro management. If you don't want to become a property manager, the opportunities to grow within the company shrink substantially.

I won't work for any other property management companies again. Holland is pretty solid.

On Site (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsFun people, nice properties, opportunity for growth. Depending on your RM is... You will feel supported and valued. Bonus, Clyde Holland is one the nicest, smartest men I have ever met.

ConsWages differ greatly depending on who your VP is and what region you live in. Benefits are expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your associates that you appreciate them more often. Words of affirmation go a long way as do pedicures and kicker bonuses.

Great learning experience

Senior Accountant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat company with awesome employees.

ConsNo appreciation or support from upper management.

Holland Residential Director of Human Resources responded to this review

Apr 21, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience working for Holland. I couldn't agree more that we have awesome employees!!

We always welcome feedback on ways we
    ... More

It was great

Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsCare about there employees and fair wages

ConsI did not have the opportunity to work for them longer

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThey offer the best commissions and training for office staff in the industry. You feel empowered to do a great job and have fun doing it plus corporate office staff in always available and willing to help. The CEO is genuine. He shook my hand the first time I met him and engaged in conversation, that can be hard to find in a company leader.

ConsUniforms, normal associates work weekends, health benifits

Advice to Senior ManagementStream lining all the programs that we utilize would make for better performance.
    The uniforms feel outdated. Encourage the property managers to conduct team building events for onsite staff.

Facts

Property Manager (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsExceptional co-workers onsite that focus on the same thing.

ConsNo room for advancement, Benefits are lesser each year, profit sharing is promoted but, not receive.

It all depends on who your upper management is.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Kent, WA

ProsGreat bonus structure, residents are great, most co workers are fun and easy to work with.

ConsYou wont notice your hourly raise on your paycheck..it's that low!! Everyone who works there from RM to Groundskeeper are over worked and under appreciated. Never a good time to take your vacation days, you will never get a weekend off, WAY to much gossip from the upper management. You hear things about other employees that you should never know, They dont seem to care about anything but numbers and will transfer you from property to property without any advanced notice or regard for your schedule outside of work. They dont follow their own core values. They also need to streamline all of the software systems that they use. It becomes redundant and time consuming to enter the same info into 3 different systems. Its a waist of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your employees and realize that they have lives outside of work. Unless they are in a roving position, you have no right to pull them out of their permanent position in which they were hired for and put them wherever you want without talking to them first.If after a year of you cant give them a decent raise, dont give them one at all. 38cents an hour is offensive. Stop gossiping about everyone. If you make promises, keep them. Show some integrity. Basically...FOLLOW THE COMPANIES CORE VALUES!! Good People-Good Business-Customer Service-Have Fun!!!! It's what your employees expect when they sign up because thats what you tell them! Stop spending so much time and energy on watching every little thing and reporting on every little thing. Your employees feel micromanaged to say the least. Simplify!

Worked for Holland Residential? Contribute to the Community!