Hollister Co. Reviews

Updated August 30, 2014

2.9

Hollister Co. CEO Mike Jeffries
Mike Jeffries

Pros
  • Discounts, flexible hours, no qualifications required, make good friends (in 41 reviews)

• Laid back environment; standing around looking pretty was all I did (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay (Minimum wage) with a small chance of advancement (in 72 reviews)

• Call in shifts were extremely unpredictable and made it hard to have a personal life (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Model/Sales

Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model)  in  Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Culver City, CA

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy, you get to work with attractive people. Managers aren't watching over your shoulder all the time.

Cons

VERY disorganized. Music is WAY too loud, and its very dark in there.

Impact at Hollister

Former Employee - Host  in  Altoona, PA
    Former Employee - Host in Altoona, PA

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment is very laid back from the back of the store. Your suppose to use a scan gun( Which they teach you how to use) to scan boxes to see how many items need to be out in the front for the models to fold and put out to sell. Otherwise, everything else just gets put in a pile in the back to get put away for stock! Your job will consit of you scanning boxes, picking out the clothes in that box, putting on safety tags, folding the clothes and putting it into a pile. Now if you stock the back it's a lot harder but usually they start you off just by sorting for the front!

Cons

The supervisor's there can sometimes be very annoying and superfacial! The music there can take a tool on you too because after a couple hours can get very annoying. Co workers will complain a lot too back there, However, That's everywhere. I would say as long as you do the job back there and pay no attention, you'll be just fine. The majors cons for this job is that there barley are any hours ever!!! I literally would work only 2 days a week for like 4 hours a day!

Mixed feelings

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Poughkeepsie, NY

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's mostly laid back because all of your co-workers are mostly high school/college kids. It's a good way to maker friends as well. I hate to say this but if you're one of the better looking employees you get more shifts and the managers are less angry if you show up late. I was part of Cast-of so If I wanted more shifts I got them. The job itself is pretty easy with folding and working the cash wrap. If you and your co-workers get along it can generally just be a fun shift.

Cons

Your shifts are 4-5 hours, unless you're doubling because someone didn't show up. Speaking of that, people didn't show up for their shift way too much. Having a bunch of 17, 18, 19, and 20 year old kids means unreliable staff. Our store had 5 different store managers in 9 months (I worked at Abercrombie too and the manager stayed the same throughout that time). Low paying, minimum wage. Getting paid bi-weekly. Strict look policy.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good first time job

Former Employee - Impact Team Member  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Dallas, TX

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time for more than a year

Pros

Cool people. Easy work to do and rules to follow. Managers can be very understanding and take your advice on how they can work better with you. You get a discount on clothes.

Cons

On call schedule, so you don't know if you will be going to work or not? No real way of moving up or getting a raise. There is like 70 people that work for one little store.

Stop with the whole call in thing, just hire less people and give them an actual schedule. People only quit because they do not receive the hours to support anything.

Pretty good place to work

Former Employee - Hollister Floor Model  in  Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Hollister Floor Model in Canton, OH

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time for more than a year

Pros

Hollister was a pretty laid back and good place to work. a lot of cool and nice co workers along with mangers as well. It is Honestly a great place to work if you are still in high school and don't want to work that much hours a week. They work around your schedule very well and do their best to accommodate you. I had fun in my 1 1/2 years of working there.

Cons

Dress code can be strict, and some managers want what you wear to be exactly right. No earrings and not even a little facial hair for men kind of suck but oh well. Minimum wage as well is a disadvantage, and to be honest, erveryone knows attractive people work their, so you always get a few stuck up co workers that think there all that. haha but eh oh well.

Nothing really.

sales associate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Binghamton, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time

Pros

the atmosphere can be fun with the music and can be very relax at times

Cons

can deal with difficult , or unreasonable customers sometimes. There is no room for improvement or growth in the company unless you would like to be a manager some day. Some weeks you are not given enough hours or no hours at all.

If you like being micromanaged, work here.

Former Employee - Impact Associate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Impact Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you put in a time off request, they are not allowed to schedule you for that time. It is an ok Company if you are under 20 years old and need an extremely flexible schedule due to school or college classes changing etc. Store managers and assistant managers were usually very personable.

Cons

Can't have company parties/functions etc. No benefits. No full time work available unless you are a manager. Can't be an assistant manager until you complete a college degree, so wage is terrible. I got one 50c raise in my 5 years there. Being a sales associate sucks. Being a stock room associate sucks a little less. The worst thing is you are tied down so hard to corporate policies that you have to go with things that are not intuitive and there is no room for experimentation of processes and making things work better. Higher than store management usually sucks. Also, some people seemed to get preferential treatment from managers they are "buddy buddy" with.

Be personable but treat all employees with the same authority and respect. If you let loose on some employees, the store will be a mess and customers will be unhappy and boxes won't get done.

Great experience

I worked at Hollister Co.

Pros

I worked with people close to my age so the work environment was fun. My managers were always friendly and helpful. We worked as a team so it was easy to learn from others.

Cons

I was paid minimum wage and worked long hours.

I enjoyed the managers I worked for so the overall work environment was positive. Make sure you train your managers to have a good balance of work and fun.

Discounts, pretty much it.

Current Employee - Model  in  Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Model in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Hollister Co. part-time for more than a year

Pros

Discounts
    At least you have a job

Cons

On call
    Almost no hours
    Atmosphere becomes annoying
    Some supervisors are awful

Good Job

I worked at Hollister Co.

Pros

Very chill and easy and cool

Cons

Not enough hours nothing else

none

Worked for Hollister Co.? Contribute to the Community!