Hollister Incorporated

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

V. George Maliekel

Great learning experience, will provide training to many other fields in addition to your specific position.

ProsGreat opportunity to travel
    Many opportunities for growth and to move within the company.
    Will assist you on future plans for development
    Over money for higher education

ConsProjects take too long to get completed.
    Sometimes work backwards on projects.
    Not enough vacation time or sick days. Strict dress code.

I loved working at Hollister

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsA lot of opportunities for upward mobility.

ConsNot a lot of women in higher management positions

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they are doing a good job

Very good company

ProsUnique ownership structure with excellent retirement benefits. Opportunities for professional, personal and financial growth. Great people and atmosphere.

ConsOver-dependence on one product line. Private nature of the company sometimes includes a lack of transparency, which can cause rumour and distrust.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Employee owned, mission driven company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHollister rewards good outcomes. They require that you work smart and hard. Benefits are good and they live the immutable principle of Dignity, Respect, Integrity, and Service.

ConsSales goals are often unrealistic and unacheivable. There is a serious focus on $$$.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink outside the box and realistically when making business decisions and be willing to support staff despite outcomes.

Great Internship Opportunity, Great People

Treasury Intern (Former Employee)
    Libertyville, IL

ProsFlexible to your schedule. Lots of group outings and lunches with managers to get a better understanding of the culture of the company. Fun people, especially in the treasury group. Get to know the managers and don't be afraid to ask questions, people are more than welcome to help out when they can.

ConsIT is way behind the curve. Some processes are somewhat dated, but you can change that and they appreciate any insight and ideas that you can provide. Besides that, not many negatives. Great experience overall.

The job I have suits me right now.

Libertyville, IL

ProsHollister is a very stable company.

ConsHollister is not very modern in its culture. "stuck in the 60s"

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider improving the processes at all levels.

Administrative Assistant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice to have on-site cafeteria

ConsPasses by qualified employees for job switching

From an old time Hollister person.

(Former Employee)

ProsI retired time ago after a long and fulfilling career working for the company founder and his successors at Hollister. Sure, it may not have been perfect everyday but you knew you were valued and respected. Everyone knew what was expected of them and was prepared to do more than expected as it was repaid in respect and dignity.
    Time ago my grandson told me he wanted to work at Hollister as my stories and respect for the Company made him happy. I was so proud when he applied and got a job in a good role at Hollister.
    Time passed. He came to visit one day and told me he had decided to leave after only a few months. I am a simple person with old time values, just like those that inspired me at Hollister, but the stories my grandson told me about the new Hollister saddened me. I am sure the new dangled managers have diplomas and are nice people to their family folk but it seems they have no feeling or idea how to manage a successful Company. It seems everyone is treated as a fool except for a few managers at the top. Where is the dignity and respect Hollister was founded upon? Worse, and I am not a numbers expert, but from what I now hear from my old school pals at Hollister the people running the Company are in trouble. It seems all the good folk are leaving nowadays as they feel ignored and undervalued by the Company.
    I knew a few of the old time folk still working there at Hollister and hope they can get Hollister back to a successful and unique company.

ConsExcuse me but I am done and already said my piece. I am grateful to my grandson for typing and sending this letter on the internet and hope Hollister management has time and patience with my letter.

Limited for women

ProsGood Benefits and employee owned

ConsVery limited opportunities for women. A true "Boys Club".

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the "Boys Club". Actually live the values you preach. I'm so disapointed in the middle level to lower level management as this could be a great company to work for.

Very laid-back, almost to a fault!

Nashville, TN

ProsThere is a laid-back atmosphere at Hollister and there is not a hard job in the building!!

ConsManagement is too passive, you can get away with murder and still keep getting your paycheck. No one seems to be held accountable for any mistakes. Most managers and senior level leaders are grossly ignorant to their jobs and some flat out break rules all day!! No integrity to be found!!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for better supervisors and senior level managers!!

Worked for Hollister Incorporated? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hollister Incorporated reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hollister Incorporated CEO V. George Maliekel. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by Hollister Incorporated employees.