Hollister Staffing

Updated November 7, 2014
3.5

Kip Hollister

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Different that most staffing firms

I have been working at Hollister Staffing full-time

Pros

I think the phrase "work life balance" is over used, however, in Hollister's case it is true. It is rare when a sales based company will treat its employees as adults and trust that the work is getting done. In Hollister's case, that is exactly how they do it. At the end of the day, if your not getting it done, then that is on you and if you are - there are no limits to what you can accomplish.

Cons

Some else said this in another review and I agree, depending on the person, the Pro of you owning your own activity and success could be a Con if you do not know how to self motivate and have self discipline.

More team building activities would be great.

Great team environment!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hollister Staffing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The opportunity to work within an organization that is forward thinking and collaborative. If you have an idea, management will listen. Each employee has the chance to run their own little business, and also work with other great business minded individuals. One of the best work life balances in the industry, but you have to earn it.

Cons

Good benefits but no 401k match. Don't pressure employees into professional development.

Help create a career path for your employees and turnover will decrease.

Value-driven, flat organization that provides ample opportunity for those willing to do the work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hollister Staffing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is very open and welcoming and people are genuinely investing in seeing those around them succeed.

Cons

Because the company is on the smaller side the benefits can't match those of larger businesses.

Putting some funds aside to be used towards the professional development of their employees would be great. For salespeople and/or recruiters this might not be a huge priority, but a big portion of the staff works to support those folks and for them development is important.

Outstanding work atmosphere and company culture.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hollister Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The staff and management are very helpful and friendly making it a very enjoyable place to work. I can say from the inside that working with them as a client or candidate will be a good experience. They provide high level service with open communications, and the recruiters are passionate about their work.

Cons

The kitchen occasionally runs out of coffee...

Churn and burn

Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at Hollister Staffing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Always something to do, and a great way to learn sales. If are interested in learning recruiting and going somewhere else, it's not bad

Cons

They only care about $, not their employees. The commission structure is laughable and you're expected to be available 24/7

try managing

Technical recruiting, in charge of staffing tech specialized professionals.

Former Employee - Staffer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Staffer in Boston, MA

I worked at Hollister Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very open forum, willing to gain knowledge as well as ask questions.

Cons

Not much room for improvement.

Best Company Culture in Boston

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Hollister Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The culture and values of Hollister are by far its bigger's pros. They emphasize an open environment with transparency and communication between all levels of staff, and they truly practice what they preach. Apart from that, the people are amazing - the folks at Hollister were some of the nicest, funniest, and most genuine people I have met since living in Boston. There is a lot of turnover in the industry, but the one's who stay a long time are there for the right reasons and are focused on integrity. The work/life benefits are amazing - the CEO, Kip, truly values the happiness of her employees and she does a great job of offering different trainings, classes, and events that employees might be interested in. On top of all of this, Hollister was a company where I felt empowered and encouraged to offer input and make things happen. They welcome new ideas and suggestions, which is huge for someone coming into a new company. I cannot say enough good things about Hollister - I worked there for a little under a year and when I decided to leave voluntarily, I had the support of the company behind me as I went off onto my next adventure. Its not very often that you find a company that supports you in a situation like that.

Cons

The only con I have is about the nature of the position, not the company itself. Agency recruiting (on the permanent side) is truly a sales role, which is something you might want to make sure you are ready for before you work here. They were very clear about expectations before I accepted my position though, and the pace of the job is exactly as fast as they portray it to be in the interview process.

Not customer focused

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Hollister Staffing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They hire good people.
    Nice officre location

Cons

Not focuesed on the customer
    Inflexible to new trends.

Empower the sales and business people more. Be more customer centric and less Hollister centric.

My marketing internship at Hollister Staffing was a great introduction into the corporate world.

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Hollister Staffing as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

My favorite thing about Hollister is that they are a "flat" organization meaning that anyone with a thought or idea can speak up and expect to be heard! My supervisor emphasized transparency, team-building, and employee inclusion and engagement. Her goal for all interns is for them to complete the internship having accomplished all of their personal goals as well as gaining corporate experience, confidence in their skills, and work to add to their professional portfolio. She has been a tremendous inspiration to me to reach beyond my potential.

Cons

The internship was unpaid, and I was required to sign an agreement to this.
    One contact in the organization agreed to aid in my post-graduation search for a job. I kept in touch with him, but when I asked for his help, he passed me off to a recruiter who had started her employment after the completion of my internship. Having no familiarity with or commitment to me, she told me she could not help me find entry level work.

Upper management should continue to display transformational, visionary leadership.

If you do not want to do sales do not work here.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Hollister Staffing

Pros

Hollister has great leadership. The managers are great and they have a very open door policy. They really try to develop employees.

Cons

They push everyone into sales. They have a lot of turn over so you are constantly working with new people. They do not have a good commision structure.

Change commisions or increase salaries. Work to improve work life balance for employees. Tell people they are going to end up in sales!

Hollister Staffing Photos