Hollywood Casino Reviews

Love this place!

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Hollywood Casino full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1) If you're not doing your job, you're peanlized for it. I think a lot of companies need to learn to do the same.
    2) The staff in my department is absolutely amazing!
    3) My immediate staff looks out for everyone. If you need help, they help you or try their best to.

Cons

1) Turnover rates. We are working on them, but, it's a work in progress that is going to take some time. We will get there!

Just implementing new ideas on recruiting to get our staff at a higher rate and, management needs to understand we can't be everywhere at once, it takes patience. Otherwise, I love working with the management team!

2. Practice what you preach

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Hollywood Casino

Pros

Culture and core values are outstanding. The attitude of my team is great, and I always have a good time at work, even when I'm there on weekends! Our executives are always very encouraging, and willing to share information as well.

Cons

Management doesn't seem to follow what they sell to new team members when we start. Some of the hardest working people don't move up, and it's truly shocking. I'm a supervisor myself, but I know of a young man in the HR Department who was passed on a promotion, even though he is literally the hardest worker and most reliable person that's been a coordinator in that department since we opened. I was looking forward to having him rise in the ranks, and possibly become my generalist for my team. But, management gets to make the decision that is best for their department, but the impression that everyone else sees is very negative when such a decision is made when you don't advance our own people.

Promote your people who you know are going to work their tails off to succeed and do what's best for the company. I love the company, love the values, but hate to see when someone like the guy in HR who don't get promoted when they clearly deserve. If he ever were to leave the company, it's going to be because we didn't give him the chance he deserved.

3. Former employee.

Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Hollywood Casino

Pros

Coworkers are friendly and outgoing.

Cons

Management is ONLY interested in money; no security in place for employees; union voted in almost two years ago and the employees still have no contract; extremely high turnover rate in all areas; players caught cheating are allowed to stay on the tables and keep playing; employees make the minimum wage possible by law.

Need to be employee friendly if you want to keep them.

5. the company says work Happy

Current Employee - Manager in Bay Saint Louis, MS
    Current Employee - Manager in Bay Saint Louis, MS

I have been working at Hollywood Casino full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

they do not work happy-barbaric GM

Cons

not working happy-to many layoffs ruthless.

6. Meh...

Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Grantville, PA
    Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Grantville, PA

I have been working at Hollywood Casino part-time

Pros

Dealing table games is fairly easy and the pay is OK

Cons

Boring work, Rude customers, may work strange hours.

Middle management din't seem to care about the employees vary much.

Great Atmosphere!!

Current Employee - Security Officer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Hollywood Casino full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome management and awesome HR department. Interview, Orientation was a new way and a new view to do those. I love everything so far.

Cons

Haven't had any Yet but will keep you in formed!

Keep doing what your doing!!

8. Poor management styles, Hostile work environments & Big Brother always waiting for you to slip up.

Former Employee - Slot Ambassador in Perryville, MD
    Former Employee - Slot Ambassador in Perryville, MD

I worked at Hollywood Casino full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ive met some amazing people working for this casino. Some employees and customers will remain lifelong friends. This is really the only positive i can come up with when thinking about the casino.

Cons

The management is out to get you at all times. Surveillance makes it their duty to catch you slipping up for even a second and before you know it you are being fired for something so menial and stupid. The turnover rate at the casino is a joke. There are always fresh faces because most people dont make it longer than six months, if they havent quit by then that is. The Casino only cares about the money they are bringing in, although they swear up and down in your hiring audition that they are unlike any other casino and truly care for their employees. HR was a joke. The only person you could ever reach was the HR Coordinator (She was always very helpful). The policies and procedures are terrible. Applying at the Perryville, MD casino is literally like walking into a death trap. Stay away and thank me later.

How about realizing what is important and why your company is failing the way it is. Fix that before you shell out millions of dollars into a restuarant that will ultimately flop.

Solid company that does just enough.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Hollywood Casino full-time

Pros

Amenities are there. Benefits. Meets all requirements for the size and structure of casino/company.

Cons

Chintzy on benefits/meals/building materials. HR often unresponsive or illy-trained. I can't think of one thing they splurge on to better employees' experience.

Finding locally reputable middle management is important. Baseline employees are sold on a bill of goods that includes top of the line benefits and amenities. Not so. This company is obviously about cutting costs and providing the highest profit margin and everyone sees it.

I enjoy the guest but since they change from Harrah's to Hollywood management went down hill.

Former Employee - Cashier Host in Maryland Heights, MO
    Former Employee - Cashier Host in Maryland Heights, MO

I worked at Hollywood Casino full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy the guest because they were there to have a good time.

Cons

You have no life but the Casino. You don't get off for the holiday and you work with out time and a half on that day. You work so much that when you go to your family for the holiday you are too tried to enjoy it.

11. Set up for failure

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Shift Manager in Saint Charles, MO
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage Shift Manager in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Hollywood Casino full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Gained valuable experience, learned the process for major transition when one company acquires another company, and became an improved operator.

Cons

Dishonest, disorganized, negative environment, and not trustworthy.

Look to a more reputable organization.