Holman Distribution Center

3.1

CEO

Good summer job

I have been working at Holman Distribution Center

Pros

Will Make you strong, good exercise and teaches you good time management and sustaining yourself for an entire day of hardwork

Cons

first couple of weeks no matter how good of shape you are in, you will be sore. Takes a little bit of time to get all of the methods down.

under paid , very poor management

Former Employee - Truck Driver  in  Kent, WA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Kent, WA

I worked at Holman Distribution Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

steady work . 5 days a week seniority based. good if you had seniority bad if you didn't.

Cons

I worked at Holman for 9 years , the last 4years with no salary increase . I was a driver for Holman transportation . damaged trailers never got repaired correctly . silver duct tape was the norm on the sides to patch holes " some pride there ". Have an accident they would wait for slow times to punish the driver then to give them days off , for something that had happened months earlier. way to go ! we need money now punish you later attitude.

At least when Mitch Hobbs ran Holman dist. he cared about the employees .he knew everyone by name and said hello. took time to listen to concerns. listened to opinions To current management: wakeup your not the know it all you think you are .

Holman turnover only

I worked at Holman Distribution Center as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great supervisors and for rotating schedule of 2-2-3 was fabulous for third shift workers.

Cons

No opportunities for growth. This is a turnover facility that hires illegals and temp employees with no incentive to try hard because they will never hire you on full-time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

To Each Their Own

Current Employee - Operator  in  Richmond, IN
    Current Employee - Operator in Richmond, IN

I have been working at Holman Distribution Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work, and they have nice benifits....I have received and annual increase every year!

Cons

You have to go through a temp service to become full time

Keep doing what it takes to provide a nice place for us to work.

Very frustrating

Former Employee - Auditor  in  Emporia, KS
    Former Employee - Auditor in Emporia, KS

I worked at Holman Distribution Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is always something to do in a warehouse to keep you busy, Enjoyed my co-workers, Thankful to have a job in this economy.

Cons

You work your butt off to get hired thru a temp agency, No sick days, Poor managment, Lack of communication in and out of the office and warehouse, favortism, Double standards, No follow thru on establishing S.O.P. Standard Operating Procedures, It's sad when you know and care more than your salary paid supervisors that leave during working hours to get their hair cut.

Hire someone with experience, that would be able to direct and lead the employees in a positive direction, instead of flying by the seat of his pants.

CAke walk work, hardly bust a sweat

Current Employee - Forklift Driver  in  Maumelle, AR
    Current Employee - Forklift Driver in Maumelle, AR

I have been working at Holman Distribution Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

No hard labor
    GReat team to work with
    Facilities are nice
    big on safety and taking care of people
    great work schedule

Cons

TEams try to compete with each other instead of help
    long 12 hour shifts
    HAve to work every other weekend
    training could be better
    have t go thru temp service before hired

increase job stability to make people stay. too high of a turn rate because of the temp to hire service. makes job less desirable.

Yes man advances, independent thinkers don't; think twice about employment

Former Employee - Warehouseman  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Warehouseman in Portland, OR

I worked at Holman Distribution Center

Pros

As a union company it has very good pay and benefits. If you like overtime, this is also the place for you. Just don't try to buck managements thoughts or desires and you will do fine. Day shift only, may start at 6AM. Seniority rules. Steady work with lots of overtime, busiest in the warm months.

Cons

FYI- management is trying to break the union and the owner (Leonard Clark) has passed on, meaning this may be the last union contract. All other locations are non union as of this time. Washington union was eliminated several years ago.

Trucking department was downsized and eliminated. In house janatorial and maintenance was also eliminated. Safety bonuses eliminated. Operations were streamlined.

Mid level managers seem inept. If you are on the good side, you will get rewarded, if not you will need a strong backbone; you will also be treated different (negatively).

If you need time off, even with a Doctors excuse, you may have a challenge.

During contract negotiations you will get reminded about how disposable you are to the company.

Overtime is either by location (common), or seniority signup if voluntary (very seldom).

Vacation capped at 4 weeks.

Micro management runs rampant. It's real nice to do work w/someone looking over your shoulder, giving you words of advice.

Do something to show the employees they are more than just a #. Do it from the heart, not to get them to work faster or more profitable. Be a real person. Don't belittle the employees, and don't have company favorites.

I've been able to make enough money to do the things I enjoy and have been allowed to take the time out to do so.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Holman Distribution Center

Pros

good benefits, flexible hours, nice co-workers

Cons

a lack of growth opportunity.

Don't let the customer always dictate what decisions you make.

Good pay! Poor management!

Current Employee - Basiloid Operator  in  Perryville, MD
    Current Employee - Basiloid Operator in Perryville, MD

I have been working at Holman Distribution Center

Pros

Good pay for the type of work. Good benefits, A lot of over time pay year round, as much overtime as you want during warm season.

Cons

Poor management, low moral and salary cap after 2 yrs.

Praise the employees who do a good job. Hire qualified managers who are good with people not just crunching numbers, you will be surprised how well associates will work for a company that respects them.

Good job

Current Employee - Forklift Operator
    Current Employee - Forklift Operator

I have been working at Holman Distribution Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people. great benifits. The insurance is good and I pay lot less than my old job. The forklifts are good and always run unlike my last job. Nobody fights over forklifts. Supervisors help you when you ask.

Cons

It took a long time to get to day shift because there are so many people.

Need more forklift rodeos and picnics to increase teamwork

Worked for Holman Distribution Center? Contribute to the Community!