Hologic

Hologic Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Hologic President & CEO Steve MacMillan

Steve MacMillan

Pros
  • Lots of smart employees, reasonable work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• Decent pay, work/life balance, short drive to work(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Now that there was just a shake-up of upper management, I see little hope for the future(in 7 reviews)

• Virtually all upper management are white males(in 3 reviews)

Exciting rollercoaster ride

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHolgic truly cares about patient outcomes and willing to lead from the front.

ConsThey need strong leadership through the booms and busts of this industry

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that everyone buys into the vision needed to survive the booms and busts of this industry.

Great company!

ProsPassion for cause and great technology

ConsReactionary management changes w/ CEO

I loved my job at Hologic and if it hadn't moved out of the country, I would have retired from there.

Manufacturing Technician III (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsIt was an amazing team of people

ConsIt decided to close my facility

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company gone bad

Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat technology on the mammo side but poor execution will take the other product lines down. They can't get out of their own way to save their lives.

ConsTotal senior level shakeup, none of the old guard are in tact which is not a good thing. Carl Ichan is going to sell each part of the company bit by bit.

Advice to Senior ManagementRun and hide.

From great to bad in 7-10 years

Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) Bedford, MA

ProsGreat people to work with, great overall company mission, a dedication to women's healthcare, Was .once a great company to work for, everyone working together as a team towards a common goal.

ConsCompany became too big too fast, completely deserted it's core beliefs of a family company, Complete disregard for employees. Stop promoting from within instead choosing to hire management from outside the company, people who have no idea what there charges do or have to go through on a given day. The new idea of management is to seek and find any mistake a person may make to "prove" they deserve a bad review and very small or no raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the roots of the company, believe in and support your employees, use and develop the talent in you ranks rather than hiring management that has no idea about the product ect.

Was a great company, not so anymore!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bedford, MA

ProsWhen the company was not so big, it was a wonderful place to work. Great benefits, wonderful people.

ConsToo many acquisitions in such a short time. They never let the dust settle. Upper management did not care about the support staff! Many promotions with upper management but not enough with the lower support. They also forgot that it was a women't health company! Flex time was frowned upon in most departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt looks as though the new CEO is cleaning house. I wish him luck with turning around what was once a great company to work for. Now everyone is walking on eggshells wondering whose next on the chopping block. So sad :(

Good people to work with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood compensation, onsite heath club

ConsOlder employees are not valued

A lot to do for nothing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsTried to keep to technology current and fresh.

ConsTo many third party tools that had way to many problems.

Advice to Senior Managementspread the wealth and knowledge.

Was a great place to work, not anymore.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHologic lead the way in women's healthcare. Salaries were very competitive with bonuses and profit sharing. There were opportunities to work on groundbreaking technologies. Several years ago I would have given Hologic 4-5 stars. I hope they change things so it becomes a 5 star place again.

ConsWith the consolidation of senior management and changes to the reporting structure, the company started to implode from the inside out. Constant yelling matches in meetings, cursing, and blatant gross insubordination was a typical day, along with periodic layoffs. Right now, I cannot recommend anyone take a position at Hologic.

Like the Titanic, AFTER it hit the iceberg - fantastic ship, but doomed to sink.

Manager (Former Employee) Danbury, CT

ProsSalary definitely right at market;
    At times decent work environment, especially for engineers;

ConsPolitics, politics and more politics - to the point it got completely absurd. At the end it mattered more who you kissed up to than what you accomplished - which was reflected by the annual round of promotions: To borrow from Oprah "You are a VP, you are a VP and you are a Director, and you..."

But as a disgruntled former employee I may see it a bit bleak - You decide: How many VPs does a business of approx. 3000 employees need? Does 100 sound right to you?

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to the basics - remove half of the management layers and start producing cutting edge technology. Again.

Worked for Hologic? Contribute to the Community!