Holy Cross Hospital (NM)

Holy Cross Hospital (NM) Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peter A. Hofstetter

My experience was unnecessarily stressful.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Taos, NM

I have been working at Holy Cross Hospital (NM) full-time for less than a year

Prosthere is an attempt to bring CAM to the patients and the food is not bad.

ConsPoor management. Many disgruntled employees over the years...

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with your RNs. We actually know a thing or two.

Do not relocate to this Hospital

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Holy Cross Hospital (NM) full-time

ProsThe town of Taos offers a unique experience for the right person. Beautiful Scenery, accessible outdoors, small town feel.

ConsThis hospital has gone through many drastic change over the last 3-4 years. The new CEO arrived. about that time.

Holy Cross Hospital is now a business that is run by the HR department and a CEO that leads the hospital by intimidation and fear.

Little chances for advancement based on merit. very political

Huge Manager / Director turnover - Layoffs, firings, demotions at the manager / director level.

Finical problem caused by out of touch management has caused downsizing from 47 bed to 29 bed Hospital.

If you aren't from here, or have not been here 25+ years, you may place or advance, but will not succeed...

Declined (Current Employee)
Taos, NM

I have been working at Holy Cross Hospital (NM)

Prossmall community,somewhat easy to assimilate into (community, not the hospital!)

Conscommunity is VERY parochcial, old world, "not from around here, are you?:"

Advice to Senior Managementstop granting positions of improvement to those locals, regardless of acheivement, (everyone knows who is related to who) and not recognizing and rewarding the achievevemnents of those who migrated into the comunity with full intention to stay and to contribute

It's a decent organization to work for

I have been working at Holy Cross Hospital (NM)

ProsThe benefits are very good compared to other employers and they are a Catholic organization, which fosters an environment of caring

ConsVery limited ability to move up within the organization. They seek external candidates commonly verses internal candidates, which leaves employees feeling frustrated.

Could be the best place to work...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Holy Cross Hospital (NM)

ProsCoworkers are pretty great for the most part. Facility is perhaps too small, which gives team members too much to nit-pick on. Great healthcare benefit packages.

ConsThe 401k package is poor, they match $500/year no matter what employee percentage. Management does not necessarily have experience in units they manage. Makes for difficultly in supporting the best processes and prohibits this to be the greatest place to work. Definitely has the potential to be the best, but falls way short. Management support to make changes for improvement are absent.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt may be time to implement ways to weed out the bad apples. It's probably the only thing holding Holy Cross back from being the "Best Workplace Ever"

Worked for Holy Cross Hospital (NM)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Holy Cross Hospital (NM) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Holy Cross Hospital (NM) CEO Peter A. Hofstetter. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Holy Cross Hospital (NM) employees.