Home Fundraising Reviews

2.4
Neil Hope and Dominic Will

1. Learning curve

I worked at Home Fundraising part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The managers were friendly and very motivating

Cons

Since it was an outdoor job,extreme weather conditions made it difficult to work.

2. Bad management!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Home Fundraising (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun friendly staff, good hours

Cons

Travel was taken out your own money and had to be reclaimed

Advice to Management

Organisation

3. Great company

I worked at Home Fundraising

Pros

Great and fun atmosphere, great people, the people made it easy to come to work and the sales targets gave you motivation to keep pushing, you get a special shout out at meetings when you do extremely well

Cons

- Pay not so great - Fired if you don't pull your weight

5. Home Fundraising, Fundraiser Review.

Former Employee - Fundraiser in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Fundraiser in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I worked at Home Fundraising part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The rate of pay was great. The training too was well prepared, however the company was constantly stating how 'ethic' it was.

Cons

On my first day, my team leader started by making us go over our pitch - fair enough, and afterwards he decided to do the first set of doors with me. After a while, we met a man who stated he'd been in the mental ward of the nearby hospital a few times (we were campaigning for a charity for terminally ill patients). I felt a little uncomfortable working for the most 'ethical' company, taking monthly donations from a man who had been in a mental ward.

Advice to Management

Not much to say, the environment itself at the office was great, just that one thing about the 'ethicalness' of Home felt off to me.

6. Fundraiser/Team Leader

I worked at Home Fundraising full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, great people, fun environment, sales targets are easily achievable, and if you put in the work and are good at it the rewards / bonus structure put in place is also great.

Cons

Lack of opportunities to progress and no clear progression path / often ad hoc promotions. Questionable HR practices re hiring/firing.

Advice to Management

Recognize talent and reward it properly, give people a clear career path to follow the rest is already in place

7. Horrible

I have been working at Home Fundraising

Pros

There is a bonus scheme but it is virtually impossible to hit the targets never mind get bonus. You get to work outdoors but when the weather's bad it means you can't hide.

Cons

EVERYTHHING. Management is horrible and it's all a little bit like a sales job where you push little old ladies into giving you their pension. No job security.

Advice to Management

Actually follow your principles and act like the decent human beings you spend half your time trying to convince us you are.

8. Exploitative and Unethical

Current Employee - Charity Fundraiser in Dundee, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Charity Fundraiser in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Home Fundraising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The walking is physically demanding for most people, especially to begin with, though I enjoy that aspect of the job. Most of the fundraisers are really good people and great fun to be with.

Cons

The company bangs on about how ethical they are while totally exploiting their workers. They expect you to come in for training up to three hours before they start paying you. They send you to places sometimes 70 miles away but don't pay you until 3 pm, so you could be travelling a couple of hours before your shift and again at the end. You are expected to pay all your travel expenses and wait a few days for it to be refunded. In my experience the workers are often left out of pocket as tickets get lost and the office staff make mistakes etc. Very few of the workers actually reach bonus and fewer still on a regular basis. The only way to reach bonus is to be ruthless in your tactics which most people just don't feel comfortable with. I simply don't believe the other reviews on this site are genuine because almost all the people I work with hate the company and can see how exploitative it is. These other reviews are probably written by HF managers. This company is a disgrace as far as workers rights is concerned. Since the days of the industrial revolution the workers (trade union movement) of this country has fought to improve workers conditions yet it seems most people are prepared to stand by and accept a massive lurch backwards so that the owners of industry can become ever richer while their workers become ever poorer.

Advice to Management

Pressure the owners (who happen to be multi-millionaires) to improve their workers conditions and pay.

9. Amazing job to do!

Current Employee - Charity Fundraiser in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Charity Fundraiser in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I have been working at Home Fundraising full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working in a team always a good atmosphere! Doing amazing work for charities and save lives every day Training is very helpful - if you listen! Bonus structure is great Travel to new places Is definitely a confidence booster Very fun to do Can progress throughout the company if your willing to work for it they will give you every opportunity to better yourself.

Cons

Yeah the hours aren't perfect but that's what you sign up for. Can't really complain when you have every weekend off! I've seen a lot of people say that 7 pound an hour is not enough. How about trying to make bonus the minimum target is only 2 a day. I really do not have any cons about this job at all!

Advice to Management

I feel as though at the moment and in my duration it is a very enthusiastic company with great development.

10. Fundraiser

I have been working at Home Fundraising

Pros

Aming opportuntiy to work for different charities, it really boost your confidence and reliance as a person. No two days is ever the same, there are so many characters you meet on the door, and people are generally nice but obviously exceptions which i kind of found funny of the effort they took of their time to be horrible. Also, the competitive culture of the office is good, they adapt to each individual.

Cons

it is more beneficial to people working full time, in terms of the bonus scheme.

11. OK Summer Job wouldn't want to do it for too long.

Former Employee - Charity Fundraiser in Bristol, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Charity Fundraiser in Bristol, England (UK)

I worked at Home Fundraising part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get the job they hire anyone who's willing to do the job as a fundraiser. £7 per hour pay You can choose the days you wish to work as long as you work 3 days a week.

Cons

There is pressure to come in early and partake in training which can be pointless and almost always unpaid. You stop knocking doors at 9pm and then get home so always got home between 10pm and 11pm. If you become a team leader there is a lot of pressure to get results. You're not only responsible for your own sales but the teams.

Advice to Management

Be more honest during the recruitment process. You will be knocking doors. You will most likely never be paid more than £7/h. There are more hours involved than the hours advertised. The job is barely part-time. I'm sure you'll find people willing to do the job for the pay.

RSS Feed </> Embed