Home Instead

Be The First To
Add Photos

Home Instead Founder and CEO Paul Hogan

Paul Hogan

Pros:
  • "flexible hours and nice clients"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Get to make a difference in someone's life every single day"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "If your client dies, it may take awhile to get another full-time client"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Minimum wage for a few hours of companionship is understandable, but"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Greet People to Work For

Overland Park, Kansas (Former Employee)

I worked at Home Instead full-time

ProsSupportive boss, dedicated coworkers, excellent CAREGivers

ConsMany of the problems you encounter when working for a small business that you're trying to scale. No group insurance for administrative employees.

Helping others and listen to their concerns

Healthcare Provider & Rehab Tech (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Home Instead part-time for more than a year

ProsBoth companies has provided me an opportunty to interact, meet their needs, listen to their concern and encourage them when no one else is willing too listen.

ConsConcerns with the satsifaction of each client from other associates

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is very important to not just have a job but find our place of employment so we may be effective with the gifts we are given

Experienced

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Home Instead

ProsVery flexible. Meeting different people

ConsThe pay traveling. ..Don't pay mileage

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the rate

If you have school-aged children, this is not a healthy employer for you. Very disappointed!

CHHA (Former Employee)
Washington, NJ

I worked at Home Instead part-time for less than a year

ProsThe pay is not bad for a home healthcare agency.

ConsThey use you to their advantage.
They don't give you the hours and days as initially agreed on.
Instead, they split up the one client I had between six (6) caregivers.
Specifically, one office staff member will talk down on you and be rude and disrespectful.
Very fake set of people. Could not trust any of them.
If you have school-aged children, be prepared to have your hours cut should an emergency arise suddenly before scheduled client timeframe. I have no previous history of call outs or absences.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't assume that a caregiver is not being truthful if no reason was given to assume otherwise.
BE RESPECTFUL.
BE HONEST and NOT MISLEADING.

Good enough for a little extra money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Home Instead part-time

Prosa little better pay on the weekend

Conspoor working relationship with management

Just above mimimum wage, only part-time , hard to work enough hours for vacation time, no medical/dental benefits

Care-giver (Current Employee)
Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Home Instead part-time for more than a year

ProsIf you are proficient in caring for people, this is for you. No experience necessary except good knowledge of cooking and ability to do light housework. Thorough background check is done to protect the safety of clients.

ConsNumerous references are needed. Must work 6 months before any of your employment costs are re-imbursed. Be prepared to pay $200 to start your job. It is best to have a mid-size car with good size trunk space to transport walker/wheelchair, or both.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest adding medical degree experienced members to your QA team. Allow care-givers to have full-time employment with benefits.

A temporary position

Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Home Instead part-time for more than a year

Prosflexible hours and nice clients

Conslow pay, no benefits, absolutely no guaranteed hours

Advice to Senior Managementoffer benefits!!! and higher wages!!!!

Love this company!

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
Fresno, CA

I have been working at Home Instead full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat team of people who are all passionate about their job. Get to make a difference in someone's life every single day. The office staff and CAREGivers are just amazing. This is a very forward-thinking and innovative company that is always excited about new ideas.

ConsNot the highest paying job in the world, but then again it has to stay affordable for seniors. Not in it for the money anyways.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating and keeping it genuine!

Great as a fill-in. Stay away if looking a career.

Caregiver (Current Employee)
Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Home Instead full-time for more than a year

ProsUnderstands the need for continuing education. In Vero beach, jobs are plentiful. The more you say "yes" to a job, the more they hours you get. CLEAN CLEAN, & CLEAN. They're great at adhering to the laws. Will step up for caregiver/home health employees, when need be. Really try to match client with caregiver. I worked over 45hrs andthey still call me for other jobs. I have to say no, but when i need the money I will say yes.

ConsHome Instead starts off at the highest paying in the area at a whopping 10 something an hour. Hope you like it! because that's where you'll stay forever! No loyalty points here. They charge clients more for night and weekends, but don't pass that on. OH wait, you get an extra 50 cents for weekends. Nothing more for night so I don't bother.
The mandatory meeting is a bunch of clapping and nonsense. Sit down, listen to how great it is, take a gift card and call it a day. You don't get to know your co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the meeting's and Christmas party be about the employees. This is most likely the only time we speak with each other. let us enjoy it. Forty minutes should be max time to inform us on corp news, and salute the employee of the year. The pay is really not good. For a company that charges $22hr, and paying only a little over $10 and change an hr. Is fine in the beginning, but should change after a year. This job is demanding. your employees are asked to do work on the side & many don't. Not because the "fine print, or contract" but loyalty. Remember that. Caregivers are a dime a dozen, when you find one that stays....give them a raise!

Great Company, Doing Business Right

CareGiver (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Home Instead part-time for more than a year

ProsThis is a well managed and organized company that not only takes care of their clients, but also their staff. They pay above minimum wage wages and offers a flexable work schedule. Neat, Organized, Professional, Friendly + Great little company cars (for come company members) with wrap around design.

Cons(NOTE: Glassdoor is forcing me to make a "Cons" comment). If all of the HomeInstead offices operate at the quality level that I've come to know, then my Cons comment would be that they make "Doing Good Business Right" look too easy!

Worked for Home Instead? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Instead reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Home Instead CEO Paul Hogan. All 83 reviews posted anonymously by Home Instead employees.