Home Instead

Be The First To
Add Photos

Home Instead Founder and CEO Paul Hogan

Paul Hogan

Pros:
  • "flexible hours and nice clients"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Get to make a difference in someone's life every single day"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "If your client dies, it may take awhile to get another full-time client"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Minimum wage for a few hours of companionship is understandable, but"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Helping others and listen to their concerns

Healthcare Provider & Rehab Tech (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Home Instead part-time for more than a year

ProsBoth companies has provided me an opportunty to interact, meet their needs, listen to their concern and encourage them when no one else is willing too listen.

ConsConcerns with the satsifaction of each client from other associates

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is very important to not just have a job but find our place of employment so we may be effective with the gifts we are given

Love this company!

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
Fresno, CA

I have been working at Home Instead full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat team of people who are all passionate about their job. Get to make a difference in someone's life every single day. The office staff and CAREGivers are just amazing. This is a very forward-thinking and innovative company that is always excited about new ideas.

ConsNot the highest paying job in the world, but then again it has to stay affordable for seniors. Not in it for the money anyways.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating and keeping it genuine!

Great Company, Doing Business Right

CareGiver (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Home Instead part-time for more than a year

ProsThis is a well managed and organized company that not only takes care of their clients, but also their staff. They pay above minimum wage wages and offers a flexable work schedule. Neat, Organized, Professional, Friendly + Great little company cars (for come company members) with wrap around design.

Cons(NOTE: Glassdoor is forcing me to make a "Cons" comment). If all of the HomeInstead offices operate at the quality level that I've come to know, then my Cons comment would be that they make "Doing Good Business Right" look too easy!

Fulfilling, but can be exhausting.

Martinsburg, WV

I have been working at Home Instead part-time for more than a year

ProsI work for an excellent office staff (Martinsburg, WV), employees are recognized for hard work regularly. They are very accommodating and notice the little things. Never have I worked for a company so connected with its employees, sending cards for every holiday, even a sympathy card after I had to put my fur baby to sleep. These little things mean a lot in this kind of work, and makes you feel like a valued member of this team.

ConsThe downside has nothing to do with the company, but with this line of work in general. I believe it takes a special kind of person to do this work, and it's easy to get burned out if you aren't careful.

Home instead ... " To us, it's personal"

Nashville, TN

I have been working at Home Instead part-time for more than a year

ProsThey work around your hours and are like a family. I love my job and the clients I care for. They take time to match the care giver and the client so that they make a good combination.

ConsHome instead caters to senor citizens thus having the older clients there is the knowledge that the day will come when the client care giver relationship will end. It is sad to think about at times but must be addressed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the families of clients should go to educational classes to learn more about their loved ones condition so they could have a better understanding. I am amazed at how some of my clients families think they know about my clients illness from what they hear or are told from other sources but it is not factual information.

Home Instead

Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Home Instead part-time for more than a year

ProsThey are a nice company to work for

ConsSometimes they keep me too busy.

I love working here!!

Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Home Instead full-time for less than a year

Prosvery flexible hours, very nice people to work for.

Consusing a lot of gas

Advice to Senior Managementnone they are good

I have learn a lot since started working for Home Instead

I have been working at Home Instead

ProsFlexibility and being able to separate work and personal time....

ConsPart-time only...No benefits to offer employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more vitual....

The most wonderful place to work, getting to know elderly people better...

Dublin, GA

I have been working at Home Instead

ProsLearning about the old days from the elderly.. making new friends... sometimes it is a flexible schedule

Conswhen the elderly client you have sat with or helped for a long time dies.. and you lose them.. that is hard all around.

Work that is very rewarding in more ways than one.

Home Health Aide (Current Employee)
Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Home Instead

ProsWorking with the Seniors has been the most rewarding and fantastic experience ever for me. I have been blessed to have found a job that I have had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful clients and learn so much from them. We are a giant family here at Home Instead and I wouldn't work anywhere else.

ConsOnly downside, is losing the Seniors that you have become very attached too throughout the years. It is like losing a family member. But I have learned that the end of life experience isn't a bad experience, in the end it's a very warm and comforting thing. I have been lucky enough to experience their loved ones who have already passed previously, come to take them home.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have never felt so blessed to have found a job that is very rewarding and wonderful as Home Instead. I would like to thank Home Instead for providing such a loving, and caring atmosphere for the employees and for the Seniors. I have had a wonderful experience with this company and I will continue to work for Home Instead for many more years to come.

Worked for Home Instead? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Instead reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Home Instead CEO Paul Hogan. All 83 reviews posted anonymously by Home Instead employees.