Home Instead Senior Care

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Roger Baumgart

Pros
  • One pro is that you are helping create jobs and helping seniors stay in their home(in 7 reviews)

• Ability to help seniors stay independent, flexible hours, good training(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, benefits only for office staff(in 9 reviews)

• No benefits or paid time off, little interaction with other caregivers, lack of company support(in 7 reviews)

Certified Medical Assistant

Home Health Caregiver (Current Employee) Media, PA

ProsI would be very interested in speaking with you regarding job opportunities within your health organization. I am confident in my ability to contribute to the success of your patients and I hope to have the opportunity to meet with you to discuss my qualifications.

ConsWorking as home health aide there is no advancement so I went to school to become a Medical Assistant

Advice to Senior ManagementI am a team player with over 15 years in the medical field. Worked at a chemical company with several doctors and played a major part in the medical office. Certified in Phlebotomy and assisting in overall duties.

This is a good place to make a difference and find a start in health care.

Senior Care Giver (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsGreat office staff. Flexible hours that work around your schedule. Willing to work with you to find a good fit.

ConsMinimum number of hours not guaranteed. It all depends on how many clients they have and what fits your schedule.

Great experience.

Caregiver (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsVery friendly, helpful staff. Great chance to meet some very interesting people/patients. Good overall experience. Leadership and training were really good, and many opportunities for continued education. The senior management was very understanding and helpful in every aspect of the job.

ConsClients are always changing, making it sometimes difficult to find a long-term patient. Also it is common to be contacted outside of working hours quite often as their clients are always new and in immediate need of care. The pay isn't very high considering the importance of the work, but that is more cultural issue than it is a company issue. Care givers deserve higher pay in general.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Depends on the owner

ProsLove helping the community, and the seniors

Consif you work for the wrong type of owner

Work with wonderful seniors for very low pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat sense of accomplishment in assisting individuals who need and appreciate the help

ConsLow pay, hours inconsistent

Advice to Senior Managementthere is a need to get into the trenches to understand how much a caregiver gives of self emotionally and physically

Very nice group.

Home Health Care Giver (Current Employee) Chapel Hill, NC

ProsNice people to work for.

ConsUnbelievably bad pay and no benifits.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want hold on to good employees, or hire them, raise the starting pay.

Great company with great values

Caregiver (Current Employee) Olympia, WA

ProsWorking with their client base is amazing. They really try to make sure all of employees and clients are happy, healthy and have a good work home life balance. The administrators are fun to work with too.

ConsHours can flucuate and there are no benefits due to ACA FTE requirements

Rewarding Job

ProsI work in office rather than as a CAREGiver and taking client inquiries and knowing you are providing help for a senior is the most rewarding feeling. My management is wonderful, very personable, understanding, and always willing to discuss strategies, suggestions, ideas. It is 100% a team here in my office.

ConsAngry customers or rude attitudes from caregivers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop letting caregivers get away with the behaviors they perform.

Providing care for individuals so they can stay home

Caregiver (Current Employee) Bloomington, IN

ProsNew management is much better than the last, and they respect the caregivers.

ConsLimited job growth. There just isn't funding for care givers to be payed much.

Challenging but gratifying to be able to help elderly clients who love and appreciate you for being in their lives.

Caregiver (Current Employee) Evansville, IN

ProsClients treat you like family because your probably seen more than their own family.

ConsYou get attached fast so slways make clients your main concern with their needs first .

Advice to Senior ManagementCare Givers need to be lifted up, praised for the job the do because it's a demanding job. Helpers can easy and quickly get burnt out. Therefore not feeling appreciated.

Worked for Home Instead Senior Care? Contribute to the Community!