Home Instead Senior Care Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Roger Baumgart

Pros
  • Opportunity to make a difference in Seniors lives (in 10 reviews)

• Flexible hours, Nice staff, great pay (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, benefits only for office staff (in 17 reviews)

• and there are currently no benefits (in 16 reviews)

Gods work.

Current Employee - Caregiver in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care

Pros

I have worked in the Medical field for about 20 years. I have worked in Nursing homes and Rehab centers. I was proud to be there but never felt like I was never doing enough. There just wasn't enough time to take care of my client the way they deserved. About 3 years ago. I had brain surgery and was out of work for about 6 months. I had told God that I was not going back into the medical field. i had been thru enough with taking care of my parent until the end. He gave me 6 more months away from the field and let me try other jobs I had done before in the past. Then he sent me back to taking care of clients and sent me to HomeInstead. I have been here ever since. I love the clients I work with, I love the one on one time I have with them. I love my co-workers, the office staff and my boss. They are great and understanding people. I work for three different branchs. I just cant say enough about any of them. I have had some really nasty bosses in the past. These people are GOD SEND, I love all of them.

Cons

99% of the time you get the hours tha you want and the hours that you need, but on occasion whether it be because of a death or some one got better, Praise the Lord, you loose a client and then you may be down in hours for a short period of time. They always do their best to give you what you want.

Advice to Management

There are some client out there that are just really hard to deal with, whether it be physically or mentally, For those client who are that challanging having some sort of insentive, whether it be a dinner out with the spouse or being able to have a spa visit where you can pamper your self would be so appricated.

2. Great! They are able to work with my limited schedule and understand when i need time off.

Current Employee - Caregiver in American Canyon, CA
    Current Employee - Caregiver in American Canyon, CA

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care

Pros

They will work with almost any schedule, whether you want to work 12 hour shifts or just a few hours a day.They are understanding if you need time off or call in sick the day you are to work. They will listen to you when you have a concern about your client and will sit and listen to you when you need to vent about a client. They work around the clock finding a you a client. They treat you with respect and dignity.

Cons

The pay could be a little better. It's ok, but not great. However, it is a lot better than it was when I worked there in 2004. Sometimes they will call you and ask you to work asap when you are off. However, i understand they have to do that when someone else calls in sick.

Advice to Management

There is really no other advice i can give them. Maybe go thru client files more often? (the books us caregivers write in)

3. I like the flexibility of time need off and the client/caregiver matching.

Current Employee - Caregiver in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care

Pros

They show respect to employees at all times. They know and feel family sometimes comes first and they are willing to work with you on what or how much time you need off. They give excellent training. They never let you walk into a bad situation without warning. They are always easy and willing to talk to you about clients or caregivers if situations come up.

Cons

Sometimes they need help and i feel bad when I say I cant work because of plans that were made for that day/weekend. The long Hours and dayswith no time off in two weeks gets tireing sometimes.

Advice to Management

There is really one thing that would be nice. Please keep in mind that caregivers do care sometimes too much. Make sure they arent working too much. Sometimes the caregiver wont say anything because they do are and try to take on alittle too much. They know their job means alot and clients need them.

5. Very rewarding, better than other companies I have worked for in the same capacity.

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Home Health Aide in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care

Pros

The people. The staff are friendly and care what is happening in your life. The owners have a great open door policy that if you have a concern they want to know about it and they back you up no matter what it is( of course if your wrong they make sure you understand and still look at the issues). The Clients are among the best people I know, and you never know if a supervisor will stop by just to say hello when you are on duty which I think makes this company one that cares about the clients.

Cons

I wish we were compensated for mileage and or travel time between clients. I know this is not done with most companies but it would be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I appreciate you and your staff being there for me knowing you have my back when needed.

6. I've never had such a great career opportunity!

Current Employee - Caregiver in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care

Pros

flexible hours, accessability to management, fairness of assignment opportunities, fun staff,

Cons

Weather issues do not change your assignment. If the weather is bad, you still have to go to the assignment.Even when it is dangerous to do so.

This job is more of a calling than a job.

Current Employee - Caregiver in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care

Pros

Best place I have ever worked. Never a problem getting time off when needed. Complete support from office staff.

Cons

Some times the hours are long. Clients can be cranky.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Always available to talk when needed.

8. Very professional, cares both about the employee and client

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care

Pros

Sense of fufillment of doing work to improve seniors quality of life. Home Instead is very caring and supportive of both the client and employee.

Cons

The sense of loss when a family(person) you are with passes away.

9. Work that is very rewarding in more ways than one.

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care

Pros

Working with the Seniors has been the most rewarding and fantastic experience ever for me. I have been blessed to have found a job that I have had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful clients and learn so much from them. We are a giant family here at Home Instead and I wouldn't work anywhere else.

Cons

Only downside, is losing the Seniors that you have become very attached too throughout the years. It is like losing a family member. But I have learned that the end of life experience isn't a bad experience, in the end it's a very warm and comforting thing. I have been lucky enough to experience their loved ones who have already passed previously, come to take them home.

Advice to Management

I have never felt so blessed to have found a job that is very rewarding and wonderful as Home Instead. I would like to thank Home Instead for providing such a loving, and caring atmosphere for the employees and for the Seniors. I have had a wonderful experience with this company and I will continue to work for Home Instead for many more years to come.

10. The most wonderful place to work, getting to know elderly people better...

Current Employee - Caregiver in Dublin, GA
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Dublin, GA

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care

Pros

Learning about the old days from the elderly.. making new friends... sometimes it is a flexible schedule

Cons

when the elderly client you have sat with or helped for a long time dies.. and you lose them.. that is hard all around.

I love working here!!

Current Employee - Caregiver in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very flexible hours, very nice people to work for.

Cons

using a lot of gas

Advice to Management

none they are good

RSS Feed </> Embed