Home Instead Senior Care Reviews

278 reviews filtered by

1. Good Company to work for

Former Employee - Caregiver in Hickory, NC
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Hickory, NC

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The connections to the clients and their families.

Cons

Work- life balance, pay, and also not compensated for taking on extra shifts

Home Instead Senior Care doesn't care about their care givers...

Former Employee - Home Health Care Giver in North Kingstown, RI
    Former Employee - Home Health Care Giver in North Kingstown, RI

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A rewarding job caring for the elderly

Cons

I work for Home Instead Senior Care for 5 years and three months. I enjoyed my job and enjoyed caring for the elderly. Would still be there if It wasn't for the new Human Resource women they hired. She didn't like the Care givers that were there for a long time. She lied to either get you fired or make you quit your job. Made sure you had very few hours and gave you clients that no one wanted. When you tried to collect unemployment, she lied and told them I was going to beat her up and that I swore at her.

Make sure when you hire a new Human Resource. That they understand that you are management and they still should abide by your rules and not make up their own. A lot of good caregivers left your company because of you new Human Resource.

3. Caregiver

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care

Pros

Flexible Schedule and ongoing training.

Cons

Poor communication within the main administration.

As a new employee, I was hopeful about creating a good work relationship with my "team leaders."

Former Employee - Caregiver in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (more than a year)

Pros

It took a few weeks to begin building hours and assignments, but eventually I averaged 20 - 25 hrs /wk.

Cons

Right off the bat, they said they could not guarantee hours for me every week.

Respect your Care-Giver workers. They are the "engine" of your business. If management does not consider "work & life balance" of their workers, the workers are at high risk of "burning-out." In the end, I learned that even though I worked hard, and did my best to fulfill all that was required of me, including working weekends for almost 2 years, the management did not value me enough. I am so relieved to no longer work for this company!

6. I currently work here

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Office environment
    Work closely with others

Cons

No room to grow, little benefits

7. Home care for Seniors

Current Employee - CNA in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - CNA in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The client is in their familiar surroundings and usually have family near or that visits often. I was able to work in homes, assisted living facility and a rehab center when the family wanted someone there to help with care as there was a high fall risk. The care needed was evaluated by the company nurse and if there were any questions, you could call the office. They often knew what the family wanted and any changes to be made.

Cons

It is very hard to need to go to a different place each day and sometimes the directions were wrong. The work was not regular. Too many weeks with no clients. They might have needed to give them to the new hires since they seem to hire more nearly every week. I have been with the company since July but have had only a few weeks of regular clients.

Be considerate of employees needs as well as client needs. Hard to keep employees when they aren't able to have work.

8. Assist Elderly With Everyday Life.

Current Employee - Caregiver in Crossville, TN
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Crossville, TN

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working With This Company, Allows Me Feel What I Do Day To Day Is Important.

Cons

My Weekly Hours Are Low.

9. A caring company.

Current Employee - Home Health Caregiver in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Home Health Caregiver in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very good training from the start, continued training, good opportunities for advancement, professional staff, and they send you cards seem to show their appreciation.

Cons

Caregiver pay (it is what it is..), there may be times when you do not have shifts to work (its kind of as needed).

Keep up the good work. Try to find a way to increase the pay rate up to at least 9.00 per hour. I think that that might attract more professional caregivers.

10. Care for the people but not worth the money

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Applied online and was called for an interview the very next day. Working with the elderly using the services was rewarding

Cons

Besides the low wages (which was expected taking this job) the owner was difficult to work with. From the time I was hired, I received a phone call every single day asking to take someone's shift because they had called off. Then when it came time to asking for ONE day off because I was moving, my request was denied. It seemed like it would have just been easier to call off. Everything was already set for that day so I informed them I would not be able to come in. The owner called me the day I was moving and left a voice mail stating that, "If you do not call me back within the next 30 minutes I am calling your apartment complex and informing them you no longer work here". Very unprofessional and drove me away.

WOW

Former Employee - Home Health Care Giver in West Nyack, NY
    Former Employee - Home Health Care Giver in West Nyack, NY

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Can't think of too many pros really

Cons

Everything seems fine at first.Then you realize that it's really not They allowed some of us in senior's homes before our background check was back. Then I told them the man I cared for was so much better and he didn't need as many hours and my back was bad also so i wanted to work the minimum amount of hours ..Well my boss and owner of the company, Alison, HOUNDED texted and bothered his son for more hours or to replace me with another person. It was truly sickening how greedy they are.. They also overcharged my man for months for one hour and knew it .I've heard from other employees they do that all the time. After I received a great review and perfect care of the gent I care for..... I got a whopping 25 cent raise!!!!!!! I laughed at that..They charge $22 an hour and pay us $ 9??? Greed!

Be honest.... quit scamming people for money and pay the workers better