Home Paramount Pest Control

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
Walter A. Tilley

1. Okay starter for a "corporate company"

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Assistant
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Assistant

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were some very good co-workers, the duties required were acceptable for the position, there were options to learn new things and management was very willing to teach.

Cons

The pay was not very sufficient for the work load, there was a lot of "gossip" and "drama" between employees and ESP. Between management. There was no sense of "togetherness"

Advice to Management

Focus and care a little more about those who work under you. And pay a competitive salary for positions - may help resolve such a high turn over rate

Never would go back

Former Employee - Service Manager in Henrico, VA
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Henrico, VA

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is none. This may come across as a disgruntled employee, however I'm not. As a manager with over 6yrs of service, there was constant turnover.

Cons

The Company has a very non-caring attitude towards it's customers and staff. You are placed under extreme duress by upper Management. There is a revolving door of employee's. The pay is not good. It's like those with integrity are not welcome because you refuse to be dirty. Customer care is a joke with this Company. During my time with them there was a non-stop history of complaints.

Advice to Management

Stop being so deceitful, stop lieing to your customers and staff. Stop forcing guys to work 12hrs a day, including Saturdays. Increase pay. Try to stop the revolving door policy. Be more aware of middle managements dirty ways (unless) you endorse it secretly. The company need to change its motto, and make employee's first in communication. Establish a team whose soul purpose is to investigate misdoings by middle management.

3. I would refer this job to a friend...only if I hated them.

Former Employee - Sales Scavenger in Elkridge, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Scavenger in Elkridge, MD

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control

Pros

The people I worked (pest control techs, receptionist, branch manager) with made the job somewhat tolerable.

Cons

The pathetic rate of pay, arrogant upper management, poor planning, a profane level of pressure to sell, etc

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to your technicians/sales team....after all, THEY are the one's who do the work that ALLOWS you to have a pay check. With out them, YOU are pointless, null, and void.

5. Lots of hours, not a lot of pay.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time

Pros

I like the flexible of working 40 hours & if I need to take off a day, I can work sat instead of using my vacation days.

Cons

Corrupt management. No increase in pay, and if you get 25 cents more they act like they had to bed over backwards and risk there job to get you the 25 cents.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better & they will work harder & be more loyal, in turn will result less turnover if employees.

6. Home Paramount Pest Control, beliefs, values and tradition...A great company to work for!!

I have been working at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Home Paramount, is an family owned, traditional company, that believes in their people. They work very hard to ensure that the environment surrounding all employees is pleasant, stable, consistent and family oriented. Their benefit package is very impressive, giving you multiple choices to suit your families needs. Management is exceptional, with the philosophy of "supporting their people and doing everything possible to create a winning situation". If you want a career, to be apart of a team, to be involved in something that matters, then Home Paramount is the company for you.

Cons

As Home Paramount has a unique training program that is second to none and unlimited amounts of resources, their expectations are high. This is directly caused by the traditional belief of always exceeding the customers expectations by performing quality in everything that they do.

Advice to Management

Continue to work hard for your team!

7. A great company with potential for advancement and growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started working for Home Paramount more than 15 years ago. They have allowed me the opportunity to grow as an employee into a position where I now have a definitive career path. Without the training provided and the opportunities for growth I would not be where I am at today.

Cons

Travel requirements can be a bit excessive, but they are flexible with the timing of the travel if the need arises.

8. Treat you well

Former Employee - Service Tech in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Service Tech in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Follow the plan, success follows

Cons

none really, I did my job and they took care of me

Advice to Management

Loved our managers!

CORPORATE GREEDY ORGANIZATION

Former Employee - Route Technician
    Former Employee - Route Technician

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (More than a year)

Pros

its a job. company vehicle,

Cons

over worked, no family time, corporate greed,treats customers unfairly,always pushing you to sell services to existing customers that have no money. no integrity as a company. low wages unless you work on commission.they only care about making budget not the customer needs. work is rushed and shoddy. unhappy customers as result.sales persons have to compete with in house telemarketers. worker morale is very low. DEAD END JOB!

Advice to Management

sell this company to rollins asap.

Avoid this company....one huge revolving door!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous in Intercourse, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Intercourse, PA

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have no Pro's for this company. The salaries should be better for what the company expects of it's employees. Training for techs is pretty good. Admin staff trained OK. Management training is a joke!!

Cons

Company values suck. There is no work-life balance. It is work crazy hours and if you have a family or baby? You see them on Sundays. They keep employees who are awful and mistreat the ones that are good. And management is a joke here. Family run company that over inflates numbers and make goals impossible to reach.

Advice to Management

Upper management wouldn't take advice from anyone. They are too busy either kissing up to each other, gossiping about people or throwing people under the bus.

11. Research before you start

Former Employee - Sales Inspector
    Former Employee - Sales Inspector

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time

Pros

You can learn a lot about pest control. They have a great ongoing monthly training. Good techs.

Cons

The benefits are expensive As a sales person you are micro-managed, constantly called to see if you sold anything that day. Sometimes on Fridays they would mandate that everyone had to work that weekend. Frequent management changes. Branch managers really have no control all decisions come from corporate. You can make a living in the spring and summer months, but the winter is very difficult and customers are constantly asked to purchase new services. You also have to be mindful that the in house telemarketers are selling as well and there is a constant issue with them taking sales in your territory.

Advice to Management

Trust the managers you hire, stop micro management

RSS Feed </> Embed