Home Paramount Pest Control

Research before you start

Former Employee - Sales Inspector
    Former Employee - Sales Inspector

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time

Pros

You can learn a lot about pest control. They have a great ongoing monthly training. Good techs.

Cons

The benefits are expensive As a sales person you are micro-managed, constantly called to see if you sold anything that day. Sometimes on Fridays they would mandate that everyone had to work that weekend. Frequent management changes. Branch managers really have no control all decisions come from corporate. You can make a living in the spring and summer months, but the winter is very difficult and customers are constantly asked to purchase new services. You also have to be mindful that the in house telemarketers are selling as well and there is a constant issue with them taking sales in your territory.

Trust the managers you hire, stop micro management

Avoid this company....one huge revolving door!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous in Intercourse, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Intercourse, PA

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have no Pro's for this company. The salaries should be better for what the company expects of it's employees. Training for techs is pretty good. Admin staff trained OK. Management training is a joke!!

Cons

Company values suck. There is no work-life balance. It is work crazy hours and if you have a family or baby? You see them on Sundays. They keep employees who are awful and mistreat the ones that are good. And management is a joke here. Family run company that over inflates numbers and make goals impossible to reach.

Upper management wouldn't take advice from anyone. They are too busy either kissing up to each other, gossiping about people or throwing people under the bus.

The very definition of "Revolving Door" employment

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good people to work with. Just about every employee who held a position that was "in the trenches"...you know, those who actually did work, were great people who just happened to have the misfortune of working for a company that did not appreciate them.

Cons

Whether you worked as a pest technician, or as an outside sales guy/girl, you were not only expendable, but also had to accept the fact that the commission you were promised, would almost never appear in your paycheck. Various forms of mathematical voodoo and magic was used to justify the loss of commission by upper management.

A well compensated employee is a motivated, loyal employee. My understanding is that, when this company first began, it was a great company. You may want to research how it first began, and possibly make an effort to return to its roots. Then again, that would be career suicide. The current owners do not share that mentality.

Home Paramount Pest Control is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great training, company vehicles and gas cards, free uniforms, industry competitive pay. Advancement opportunities are readily available. Multiple locations.

Cons

Insurance is a little high.

A total waste of your time

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control

Pros

There are no pros....they seem to be all about them, meaning the family.. Maybe some managers try to be positive..

Cons

This company is so disorganized it's sad nothing but sell sell sell , no light at the end of the tunnel. Corporate employees run the field with no understanding how the field works. There is no VP of ops to support and make sound decisions.. Everything is knee jerking..alot of poor moral throughout .

They need to get organized put people I. Rolls of leadership that know how to treat employees . Train people , thank them. Support them.

Would not wish this company on my worst enemy

I have been working at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time

Pros

Dont pay the gas. Good co-workers. On the road by yourself.

Cons

Everything about the company is a con. The scheduling is horrible. You work long days with low pay. Suppose to be a "family owned company" but they obviously don't care about their employees spending time with their families. Work you to death and back and then some. the company is all about money and nothing more then that. Even had customers that hated this company (you know its bad then). I could go on and on all day!

Start talking with your techs and get stuff right.

Quality and integrity are not priorities.

Former Employee - Route Technician in Berryville, VA
    Former Employee - Route Technician in Berryville, VA

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company provides some excellent services for its customers. It also provides a decent benefits package after the first 90 days of employment.

Cons

The hourly termite tech position is low paying. As for the commission based route tech position, it provides for better pay potential. However, travel-time to and from each job site is not put into the equation. You only have a small servicing window between some jobs which compromises quality and thoroughness.

Many times, the employees I worked with were too stupid to ensure they had all the proper equipment and PPE before leaving for their assignments, or the equipment itself was faulty and didn't work properly. I think it was a combination of laziness, lack of care, and faulty equipment. Often times, the tech didn't have the proper tools to do a job, one going so far as to borrow some from the customer on site.

I've witnessed some employees attempting to take naps underneath crawlspaces. Other times, I've worked with a supervisor that skipped out on some of the services while working at a job site in order to finish faster. I've also worked with some individuals that didn't wear face masks and/or safety glasses when performing certain tasks, such as installing insulation. Many times, I was training alongside techs that appeared incompetent for the tasks they were performing.

Sales reps try to milk any as many unnecessary services out of existing customers and leads as they can. Some of the services are, arguably, not needed, but the customer is often too naive to see through sales tactics.

Whatever the company was like when it started out in 1939, I believe it has lost most of its original business model. Supervisors and personnel only seem concerned with revenue and how many leads or sales are being made each day. I have seen too many customers complain in my short time on the job, so I decided to leave.

Pay your employees, even if they have only worked for the company for 2 weeks. I have yet to receive any compensation for the time I worked. I may have worked for other employers in the past that I did not care for, but at least they paid their employees.

I digress though, really, management and/or corporate seriously need to rethink/reshape their business practices while also implementing better customer care standards. The company tries to give the appearance of whatever quality standards it had decades ago. I believe that it could get back to those standards under better management and well trained techs.

Bottom line, the customer is paying for the services your employees supposedly perform. There is a lot of competition out there and word of mouth can make or break your business.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Pros

Great team to work with. everyone works well with each other. Sales people provided with leads and good support system.

Cons

Health insurance is high but i guess thats everwhere now.

keep up the good work this will grow into and leader in our area.

The More You Do For Them, The More They Want...They Are So Greedy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Very Unhappy Employee Looking for Another Job in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Branch works well as a team. Company car and gas card.

Cons

This company is GOING DOWNHILL FAST... The CEO and VP have absolutely no idea what they are doing nor do they have any "in-field" experience at all. They are losing employees left and right and don't even care. All they care about is MONEY, MONEY, MONEY...AND THEN, MORE MONEY !!! They say this is a family owned company...what a crock!!! They could care less about their employees. They overwork you and underpay you.

Get out as soon as you can. This company makes promises and doesn't keep them. They make up rules as they go along to prevent Branch Managers and Service Managers from getting their quarterly bonuses. They micro-manage everything you do. There are people holding high positions at Corporate that are clueless as to how to run a successful company.

Waste of time

Former Employee - Sales Inspector in Salisbury, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Inspector in Salisbury, MD

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control

Pros

I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers. My Branch Manager was a nice guy and decent manager but, I could tell he didn't want to be there.

Cons

Compensation plan and benefits package was not very good. High turnover rate. Expensive health insurance coverage, gas reimbursements for personal vehicle were too low, etc. The branch I worked at didn't have the right supplies to perform certain jobs the sales inspectors sold.

Get the whole company on the same page and be consistent with up-to-date supplies for every branch. Better compensation plan