Home Properties

Updated May 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Edward J. Pettinella

Definitely a learning experience!

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is open to employees suggesting new ideas.

ConsTraining was way off target as to what the job entailed. Leasing consultants are mystery shopped and are required to hit numerous criteria in order to get a good rating.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate training; make sure systems being trained on work and mirror that which is available on the job. Ease up on the criteria for the mystery shopping--a leasing consultant can still be effective and provide a client with a good experience without making sure they ask them a hundred questions.

Pay way too low for large amount of time spent on call during nights and weekends plus doing all snow removal.

Maintenance Tech (Current Employee)

ProsDental plan is pretty good.

ConsYou are on call frequently for an entire week during which you have no life and can't attend to your family and the pay is way to low to compensate for that. Even if maintenance were not on call, the pay is too low. Also making the maintenance staff do the snow and ice removal on top of everything else we do for the same low pay is wrong. During this past winter some of my older coworkers got sick and hurt from the long hours working on snow removal. A decent company would have landscaping vendor do snow removal.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the workers more, especially the maintenance staff. Why do you think you have constant maintenance worker turnover...because the pay is too low and too often we have to be on call plus we have to do all the snow work. Have landscaper or other vendor do snow and ice removal.

Over Worked, Under Paid & UNAPPRECIATED!

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsGreat Maintenance Staff, good benefits.

ConsOVER WORKED, under paid, lack of leadership, VERY low employee moral, lack of good leadership, schedules and training.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on employee retention, require management to go to employee relations training, have a more open door environment without retaliation from management. Respect your employees and pay them for hours worked.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Accounting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood company with good benefits, treated there employees well. I enjoyed my time there and wold define lay work there again if available.

ConsNot enough opportunity for advancement, can be hard to get ahead. This is due to how long people stay with the compan.

Home Properties HR Manager responded to this review

Oct 24, 2013

Thank you for sharing your response. Employees do tend to stay so it can pose one of those "this is a good problem to have" scenarios. As a result we try to help employees grow within their role ... More

Leasing Consultant

Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) Glenolden, PA

ProsThe company is very flexible, take care of their employees. I would recommend them to any and everyone

ConsI really loved working with this company

Challenging Experience

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsGreat benefits without a long waiting period

ConsNot enough opportunities for training only one formal class in almost two years
    Management of property does not seem to be prepared to manage the property.
    Too many voices and conflicting demands which make things disruptive.
    Micromanagement of employees with verbal meetings with multiple demands.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove training program for all Home Properties employees.
    Improve management training programs for all managers of the property.
    Micromanagement of employees stifles creativity do not be afraid to let employees speak out.

One of thee worst companies I have ever work for

Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) Owings Mills, MD

Prosthey give some tools that you need,

Consproperties are very run down and need major work but they don't put the money in the things that really need it, a lot supervisors will not help u , property managers have really no open door policy the on call call center will drive you crazy

Advice to Senior Managementstart over cause people that are in the key positions aren't doing there jobs

Decent Company

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) Malvern, PA

ProsPay was ok, but the organization lacked. Needs to organize its regional offices better. Pay more commision and have a standirized rent for employees

ConsNot alot of upward movement avalilable at the company. Regional office doesnt have a lot of resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Not a good company to work for. The Regional Property Manager in North NJ is very unprofessional.

Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsWorking with the residents is a pleasant experience. Meeting and helping people is the best part of working as a leasing consultant.

ConsThe lack of respect that the regional people and the property managers show the staff is NJ area is appalling. There is no continuous training and the company does NOT value it's employees. Home Properties cares only about pleasing its shareholders and the bottom line - its earnings. To earn a promotion in the Northern NJ area, you have to be the Reg. Property Mgr.'s drinking buddy.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a better class of managers, both at the property level and especially the regional level. Value your employees - not only your RPMs and RVPs! Do exit interviews to know the true reason employees leave this company.

Good

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) East Meadow, NY

ProsGreat Manager, co-0workers are nice people to be around and very humble. Helpful staff and great training.

ConsNo gold carts to show properties. Compensation not so competitive. Properties are old.

Worked for Home Properties? Contribute to the Community!