Home Team Pest Defense

Bob Wanzer

Great Place to work.

Current Employee - Pest Control Tech  in  Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Pest Control Tech in Lakeland, FL

Pros

Good pay for work. Decent benefits. Coworkers are awesome, and management cares about employees. Good communication from upper management about the state and direction of the company.

Cons

Pest control in general is very demanding on your schedule during the summer. In Florida that's about 7 months of the year. :)

Vacation pay should be equal to our average daily earnings not just our base pay.

Horrible experience.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

Pros

The technicians, service managers, and sales manager are great leaders. They make you feel valued.

Cons

The branch manager is a very condensing person and leads with his emotions. He acts like your friend but then will throw you under the bus! He will lie to your face to keep you happy for the moment to get what HE wants. I was promised a raise at 90 days during my interview but he "forgot". When I asked for the raise he told me there is no raise given at 90 days per company standard. That's not what was agreed upon during my hiring process. The office manner did offer me half of my raise. The office staff is very unhappy and walks around nervous when the branch manager has temper tantrums and threatens to fire staff, techs and managers. The branch is very under staffed which caused excessive stress. People just walk out because of the working conditions. Morale is so low.

Treat your employees like people. Get rid of unfit branch managers.

I wouldn't take this job if it paid 1 Million dollars!

Former Employee - Inside Sales  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Houston, TX

Pros

The work hours weren't bad. Pay was not bad either.

Cons

Management is out to get you if you are not one of the "favorites! They do play favorites. Branch managers don't listen or care. Hostile work environment. Sat in a room cold calling all day was not given inbound opportunities as promised. Typical bait and switch job opportunity.

Fire the drug heads is a start!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very nice people. Unrealistic Expectations

Former Employee - Pest Control Tech  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Pest Control Tech in Charleston, SC

Pros

Pest Tech Supervisors James and Jace are standup guys. Great supervisos that would bend over backwards to help you. Constant pay, no real down time. Very relaxed on begin and end times.

Cons

Cars are equipped with monitoring devices. If you get in a wreck or go 70 miles an hour (even on the interstate) you can be fired. The Smith driving system that they use doesn't not account for human error.

James and Jace, keep up the good work.

really nothing to wrinte home about, a complete waste of time

Pros

none none that I can think of at all

Cons

gm does not know the industry at all

I've stayed too long, it's time to move on!

Pros

Flexibility and understanding. Understanding of family related issues.

Cons

Pay is extremely LOW. Employees are not appreciated. No opportunities for advancement.

Show appreciation to employees that show loyalty. Give financial compensation when your employees have had increased work load or go above and beyond. Do not limit yearly raises &/or bonuses. Offer incentives to earn bonuses. Do not allow problem employees to continue with undesirable behaviors.

Once really cared about employees

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

Pros

Decent pay, bonus opportunity. Product is superior.

Cons

Company preaches about employee commitment and engagement, really doesn't care about its employees.

Great Employees, Terrible Upper Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Antioch, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Pros

For, there was no commute.

Cons

benefit package was not that great, especially the healthcare insurance. Huge deductibles and out of pocket minimums before coverage would kick in.

Branch Manager was extremely hard to work with. Tended to have a very oppressive and hostile style of management. Couldn't trust anything that he told you. Always quick to throw others under the bus to save his own skin.

Horrible. Most hostile work environment I have ever experienced.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Naples, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Naples, FL

Pros

I can not think of one.

Cons

Through out the entire interview process I was asked at least seven different times if I have any trouble telling white lies.
    Home Team Pest Defense management is made up of racist individuals who could care less about work quality and proficiency.
    The stress of being terminated on a daily got to the point of just not caring.
    At one point if offered I would gladly ship off back to war then continue employment with this company.
    By far the most hostile and racist business environment I have ever experienced.

You all need to terminate yourselves. You are by far the absolute, most racist management I have ever encountered.
    If lying and cheating were actually an attribute Ya All be stars.

Veteran Technican, worst company I ever worked for in the Industry.

Former Employee - Technician  in  California, MO
    Former Employee - Technician in California, MO

Pros

Nice Trucks, get to take them home.

Cons

Micro managing, constant changes, sales people lie to customers forced to work Saturdays favortism , GPS Horrible Scheduling CSR's are horrible

Quit being so anal with the Technicians this isn't grade school and were not little kids, if you want to micro manage people you might want to micro manage your GM's and Managers in the branch cause they are horrible and play favorites. You guys might want to also stick to the same game plan and chemicals that work and quit constantly changing things the Techs don't like it and the Customers don't like it either.

Worked for Home Team Pest Defense? Contribute to the Community!