HomeFinder.com

HomeFinder.com Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2014

HomeFinder.com President & CEO Doug Breaker

Doug Breaker

Great place to work. No complaints...really!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros- Relaxed working environment
    - Great benefits
    - Working from home is allowed and not frowned upon
    - Very nice employees. Positive and friendly.
    - Beer tap in kitchen!

ConsAfter a handful of months, I have no cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood learning experience, great people and atmosphere

Conspay is less,not much of growth and flexibility

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to clear define roles and processes

It has been a tremendous opportunity to grow and learn under sales leaders and marketing professionals.

Inside Sales (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThere are always growth opportunities- even into other departments. HomeFinder recognizes talent when they see it. Culture is one of a kind. HomeFinder is what you make of it- if you want a company where you can go above and beyond and make proposals to the CEO and senior directors, then this is the place you want to be. It is one in a million where you can say on your resume "I proposed this to the senior director...." and made it happen.

ConsWe're still growing- but can be a positive because there are more great things to come.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways try to reward those who show their commitment and loyalty to our brand.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Open, driven, and talented organization focused on delivering amazing products.

Growth Hacker (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros- Great Leadership
    - Work with intelligent, talented people
    - Amazing workspace (beer on tap, enough said)
    - Support for continued professional growth and education

If you want to build great products, advance professionally, continue improving your technical skills, and make material contributions, then this is the place for you.

ConsChicago is cold in the winter.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing and the sky is the limit.

Awesome Work Environment!

Junior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe culture here is relaxed and laid back but the employees are passionate and have a drive to produce a great product which makes for a truly amazing experience! How could you not enjoy working at a place that has a motorized cooler you can ride around the office on!

ConsI can't think of anything that could be considered a company con at the moment. Maybe we communicate through email too much but I think that is more of a personal preference?

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

A company with a great environment that is poised to grow.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIt's a great group of people that are all focused on making our product and the company better. I really like the flexible environment and culture.

ConsFixing past mistakes takes some focus away from growth. Seems like the company is making the right commitments to fix those. I'm optimistic about the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing in the direction you are going.

Great company but...

ProsThere is a lot of potential here. The company is making strides and positioning itself to be a major player in the game.

ConsManagement leaves a lot to be desired. Upper management is great but below them you have...well I don't know what you have.

Advice to Senior ManagementShowing up would be a great start.

HomeFinder.com CEO responded to this review

Jan 28, 2014

This type of feedback is always tough to hear, but we will absolutely take it to heart. I am pretty sure we're already on top of the situation that prompted this review, but in this case we should ... More

it has been a awesome learning experience at HomeFinder. I joined as an intern had never thought would learn so much!

Intern (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros1) Good work
    2) Scope for learning
    3) Helpful team
    4) Transparent Management

ConsNothing I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementNone as of now!

Filled with hardworking people with a great attitude

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsHomeFinder is filled with bright people who are passionate about their jobs. The company also has a great atmosphere with a good work/life balance

ConsBecause of its size, there isn't a lot of room for moving up in the company.

Startup feel, stable company, awesome management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsManagement cares about developing their employees, and those with initiative can go far, both in terms of job responsibilities and learning valuable skills. I truly feel that everyone at HomeFinder is passionate about their job and helping the bottom line. A nice benefit is that management has your back, and gives you the benefit of the doubt as an employee.

ConsOnline real estate is a tough industry with stiff competition, with Zillow, Trulia, and Redfin. It's hard to stand out. That said, we have loads of paying, happy customers and loyal users, so it's great to know that we're really providing value, regardless of our volume relative to the bigger guys.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, and thanks for the never-ending opportunities to grow my skills!

Worked for HomeFinder.com? Contribute to the Community!