HomeServe UK Reviews

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
4.3

Martin Bennett

Pros
  • Senior Management have taken a grip and are starting to really turn the company culture around (in 5 reviews)

• Colleagues are encouraged to speak out and 'Customer First' is the true motto (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • People are also being brought in externally for senior management positions which limits the opportunity of exisitng staff to progress (in 4 reviews)

• Annoyed just about every regulator going (FCA, Oftel, etc), and practices had the potential to annoy the others if they ever found out about it (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Homeserve are a customer and employee focussed company ensuring both customer and job satisfaction. Positive environment

Current Employee - Team Manager in Preston, North West England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The experience so far has been positive; the initial phone call from the Resource Manager was informative and gave an instant reflection of the company as a whole. During recruitment Mel is always on hand and always; she kept me informed at all stages and was the welcoming friendly face on the first day.

I have been welcomed by all staff and have immediately noticed how staff enjoy working for Homeserve; this is not normally the case for big companies such as Homeserve. I am confident the initial experience will continue throughout my employment and encourage other companies to take lead from Homeserve.

Cons

None.................my experience so far and the information regarding pay, working environment and employee benefits are nothing but positive. There's even a Starbucks!

Continue to listen to staff as you are done and doing very well. It's common sense that a happy workforce is a productive workforce.

Not for Everyone. Read below.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I have been working at HomeServe UK

Pros

Nice area to work. And its better than being unemployed. The company itself has doubled in size in a years time. Not the number of employees, but the amount customers they service. With this being said, the company itself is not going out of business in this economy that is important.

Cons

If you are applying at Homeserve for Inbound sales department, these are things to know prior to even applying;

Expect your pay to be very inconsistent, the commission structure is set up to either reduce your pay or make sure you arent allowed to collect your hard earned bonus. The going rate at Homeserve since the date of this posting is 10 dollars an hour. If you excel at various categories then you will be awarded higher pay. This structure is desgned to ensure minimal pay is earned as often as possible. So basically how you perform one month will determine your Hourly pay for the following month. Management knows this structure is the cause for them losing so much great talent and have been promising changes for over a year now. Still no changes. These statements are not intended to bash the company nor is any of this false. I just have to make sure that those that are seeking employment here, know exactly the terms of their compensation. Please ask them upfront for commission structure information along with hourly rate and if this amount ever fluctuates, not in your favor.

Also you must be a tough individual to work here. Homeserve is a home insurance company that promises their customer to live worry-free of home emergencies, This appeals to the elderly population, who fail to read terms and conditions which deny them of being indeed "covered".
    I have listed some of the general exclusions that Homeserve customers are denied by:

*emergency breakdown , *Acts of God, and *pre-existing conditions. So what I am saying is that if you have a righteous attitude, this may not be the best place to work. You will witness alot of questionable decisions being made against someone who is of age, that can be your own grandparents. You will get calls from elderly people who are crying because they dont have any heat and are cold because their heating systems where determined to be damaged by an pre-exisitng condition. And you will have to turn them away. Then turn around and sell to another elderly person that lives in that same area. As long as you can remain focused on achieving as many sales as possible than you this is the job for you.

Once in for all, set an hourly rate that will not flutuate against your sales representatives favor. Think about rewarding those who speak multiple languages, Examine the message you portrait when you express favortism by hiring who you are comfortable with versus the actual better candidate.

Happy From Salford .............Excellent Place To Work

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company go out of there way to make you feel at ease with excelent training, all staff from advisors to senior
    managment are only to willing to help .Working conditions are good , on going training , good rates of pay .

Cons

There are no cons to discus

great place, great staff

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

company is well organised, have latest technology systems to work with and oppurtunities to develop myself and those around me

Cons

parking is far away from workplace, fast paced organisation, process can change suddenly but can be interesting to challenge this

all is well and keep working to maintain an excellent working environment
    parking places to be on-site

Good experience

Current Employee - CLAIMS ADVISOR in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The recruitment process is very simple, everything made very clear and HR were very supportive throughout, and listened to feedback

Cons

So far I have not experienced any cons with the recruitment process or the training period whilst working at Homeserve.

Try to put things in place for less able employees before their start date.

Friendly, open and honest

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Culture, learning & development, future opportunities, growing company

Cons

subsidised canteen so easy to gain weight!

so far i feel comfortable,welcomed by the staff and everyone is friendly

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

i feel like it is good and friendly enviroent to work in

Cons

dealing with stressful customers, lenght of training,shift pattern

be more clear with the hours that are told. the idea of giving you a job then doing a CRB check,disclosure scotland and credit check, then finding out you are going to lose the job

Very welcoming company, nice people , good incentives

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, down to earth people, very helpful trainers are vey good and you can have a laugh as well as learning. Good vibe on call centre - nobody judges you - everybody starts at the bottom ! You are always given feedback on calls and supppor is always there if you need it.Most friendly and accomodating call centre ive worked in.

Cons

Parking - have to park about 10 mins away from actual building as there is a waiting list to park at the buiding.

Parking needs sorting out as we were told at interview stage that we would be able to park at car park complex at main building.

Best company to work for

I have been working at HomeServe UK

Pros

All staff at homeserve are friendly and it's the best company I have come across so far. Many advantages to work at this place, all staff are entitled to many benefits. Always a good atmosphere!! Highly recommend to work for homeserve!!!

Cons

Havent come across any challenges so far

Upper management are doing a great job, so keep the hard work going and keep the employees happy!! The management team are Always around when needed!

Good place to work

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Really good atomosphere. Friendly employees, good room to grow within company. Good learning and help when needed.

Cons

Need to improve systems, parking.

nothing to add

HomeServe UK Photos

Van parked outside the Walsall office

+ Add Photo