HomeServe UK Reviews

Reset
4.5
HomeServe UK CEO Martin Bennett
Martin Bennett

Pros
  • Great team all the way up to senior management level (in 6 reviews)

• Best place I've ever worked by far (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Some serious game playing among senior management (in 4 reviews)

• Complete lack of genuine company direction, putting the customer at the heart logo is a myth to placate the FCA and mitigate the fines (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

The biggest heart I've ever seen in a company

Current Employee - Marketing in Walsall, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Walsall, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time

Pros

Let's not pretend HomeServe have not had their share of bad press from some mistakes they made in the past. But HomeServe is now easily the best Company I have ever worked for. Their ethic and Customer focus is incredible and whilst there are still some areas that are yet to feel the tidal wave of change, this is a company that has learnt from its mistakes. There are loads of opportunities internally with some really great benefits - not least an Employee policy that covers all staff for home emergencies.

Cons

The wave of change is slow to reach the outer limits of the Company. There are still some members of staff who aren't quite on the bus but as new people join the buiness and the focus continues on the Customer, this will change.

Advice to Management

Keep going in this direction. It's amazing.

getting better

Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Walsall, PA
    Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Walsall, PA

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

role modelling of behaviors and values, investment in training, general levels of moral, share scheme

Cons

Walsall, variation in salaries, top heavy structure, decisions by committee

Advice to Management

Encourage openness and honesty, engagement surveys shouldn't be a competition

Great Place to Work!!

Current Employee - Operations Support in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

Pros

Great company vision Good people values Customer driven VALUES IDEAS (Good or bad) Listens to their employees Great training

Cons

I DONT HAVE ANY ?

Advice to Management

None

Fantastic place to work – they really care about the people and the customers

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Walsall, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Walsall, England (UK)

I worked at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great leaders who are accessible to people at all levels. They are passionate about the people and their customers. They provide a clear vision and goals and an environment where everyone is empowered to deliver and make a difference to the customer and the business.

Cons

The changes in the way of working and environment seen in Marketing over the last few years have not been adopted 100% by all departments yet. But change is definitely happening.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and make the changes across all departments.

Outstanding with great Career Opportunities

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Manager in Walsall, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Team Manager in Walsall, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

HomeServe is trading in line with its expectations and I feel the Company will deliver good future growth thanks to our sweat, determination and hard work. The Management are doing a terrific job and feel confident and valued working for HomeServe. Some Pros: Building the brand from inside out Customer and People charter in place Fantastic passionate Management who care Historic mistakes have made this Company Stronger Regulated by the FCA Nice working environment Free Car parking Complimentary drinks Cooperate Discounts Free flagship policy Great Career progression opportunities and support Pension Generous Holidays Subsidized Food and free Fruit days On site Health Check-ups Flexible and helpful with shift patterns Innovation ideas to help make life for the Customer and People (effortless)

Cons

Consistency of information, however I know People are working very hard testing new technology to help with this.

Advice to Management

None at present

Initial thoughts are great atmosphere/culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England (UK)

Pros

Management very open Fantastic staff - ability and attitude

Cons

Getting to Walsall is not fun on the M6! Not a criticism of the company, just a fact of life when using the UK's worst road!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

HomeServe has really opened my eyes to an amazing world!

Current Employee - Outbound Sales Advisor in Walsall, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Outbound Sales Advisor in Walsall, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HomeServe not only helps their staff to progress and further their aspirations but also involves family and the community around us. They have also helped me develop onto the outbound wow team which is such an amazing chance.

Cons

The only con is the negative image some of our previous customers and the community still have about HomeServe, we are slowly changing this.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, you all do an amazing job.

Team Manager

Current Employee - Team Manager in Walsall, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Walsall, England (UK)

Pros

Everybody works towards the same goals and that is to ensure the customer is put at the heart of what we do , this filters down in all areas, departments and functions on a daily basis. Management support is great and really encourage you to develop and take on board all ideas and feedback

Cons

None at all , solutions are always put in place

10. Engineers

Current Employee - Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you get to drive about a lot, and fix things for people

Cons

rank and yank culture, treated like chattel. this is right from the top down, if you aint selling then you are not worthy or anyones time. Pay is rubbish for what you have to do

Advice to Management

make it clear what you want and then don't keep changing the goal posts. I have worked for 4 area managers and not one of them does the same thing, some you never see, some are like the gestapo and others just don't care about me or the other plumbers or the customers.

HomeServe UK Response

Aug 30, 2015 – director of corporate affairs

Hi, thanks for your post and thanks for being there for our Customers everyday. Feedback is always good to receive but while I am not on the front line like you, there were some things in your ... More

Walking the walk

Former Employee - Various Heads of Marketing Roles in Walsall, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Various Heads of Marketing Roles in Walsall, England (UK)

I worked at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I spent 9 years at HomeServe across several senior marketing positions. In that time I saw a lot of change, with the most positive of that being in the last 3 years. Many organisations talk about putting their Customers & People first but I can honestly say that HomeServe's culture in 2015 actually puts that into practice and walks the walk to the full. The CEO, CMO & People Director have led a cultural change which I am proud to have been part of and which has further enhanced my own skill set immeasurably to become the leader I am today. Empowerment of People to put the Customer first is a mantra there, which becomes a healthy obsession and a great place to work.

Cons

It's been a period of enormous change for HomeServe and the fact of the matter is that new faces from outside the organisation were needed quickly in order to bring a different kind of leadership style and experience, and to make an immediate impact. Whilst a necessity, that has led to some restrictions around opportunities for the - then - existing wider senior team to develop and progress into core leadership roles. Having said that I am aware of this now being addressed and given a renewed focus, in keeping with HomeServe becoming more stable and established again.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that the cultural change that has been seen predominantly in UK Marketing now needs to be fully carried through the entire global organisation. The UK strategy needs to become the template for the Group, which will further underpin the undoubted future success of this great company.

RSS Feed </> Embed