HomeServe USA

Great place to work

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at HomeServe USA

Pros

Hours are excellent, only work 2 Saturdays a month and its only for a few hours :), cheap ($7/ week) medical, vision paid by company!! work environment is very fun and they do a lot for the employees

Cons

I cant think of any

Keep doing what you are doing!!

mechanics raced around like greyhounds at dog track.constantly over booked and under staffed.

Current Employee - HVAC Mechanic in New York, NY
    Current Employee - HVAC Mechanic in New York, NY

I have been working at HomeServe USA as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

good pay and benefits resulting from 6 day work week and mandatory overtime.

Cons

unrealistic volume of work assigned each day coupled with huge work travel driving/mileage requirement. No paid travel time allowance to or from first job or last job. "8 hour paid shift" will require 11 hours total time to complete.

Hire more mechanics. book fewer jobs per shift.

Busy, Busy, Busy

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of fun employee activities (Olympics, Customer Service Week, Picnic, Christmas Party, cookouts onsite, etc).
    Opportunity for advancement as long as you do the right thing and come to work.
    Great pay and benefits.
    Good leadership team in place in Chattanooga. They seem to care and are always visible and willing to meet with you if you have a problem. Love the HR guy, he is always willing to listen and help.

Cons

Its a Call Center so the work at times can be frustrating. Back to back calls are tough.
    The system issues are challenging at times but you always see IT out on the floor working on them.
    Company is growing and growing but we are busting at the seams in Chattanooga. Not sure we can handle many more calls here.

Please get systems, processes, etc. in place before we add more business. We are being pulled in a lot of different directions by the business.
    Still a good place to work, management in Chattanooga cares and is working to correct the concerns we have.

Great service offering concept, but poor leadership.

I worked at HomeServe USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Try to foster a family atmosphere. Most positions allow for creative input on some level. Great benefits. Compensation is slightly above average.

Cons

Management is completely disconnected from daily operations, and how upper-management decisions actually impact the customer experience. Corporate office looks down at operations, and does not value the input or perspective of the people who are 'in the trenches" every day, servicing customers in one way or the other. Because of this disconnect, money and resources are often wasted unnecessarily.

Your employees actually care about your customers. Value their input and make wiser decisions about marketing and retention strategy so the organization can function as a whole, instead of a house divided.

Just Work, Not a Career

Former Employee - Team Lead in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at HomeServe USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If all you want to do is work until you can find a job that has a future, this is the place for you. There is no requirement to do anything other than what you're told. Pay isn't to bad but not real good. If you want a sr. management title, regardless of your job or the number of people you manage, get a job at corp.

Cons

Favoritism is alive and well here, both in Norwalk and Chattanooga. They don't want to change the way that they've been doing business for years. A couple of executive managers make all the key decisions and mandate the way things are going to be done. There is no room for thinking by any of the mid level managers.

Consider spending time developing business goals, something other than call times. Can't believe with all the sr. managers that are in this company, more than enough for a company 5 times this size, it's in the condition its in. One last thing; if management thinks that the games and gifts that are being given to the call center is going to change the distrust, think again.

Great Company to work for!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

First company that I worked for where hard work is paying off. Very competitive atmosphere, however easy to do well. They actually care about the customer and want to do right by them. I love working for a company that takes notice when you are doing well. Senior management is always around. In less that a year I have been there I have met the CEO,COO and other top management for the company. Senior management onsite is always is available and ready to talk about anything you have concerns about and stops by just to see how your day is going. This is truly the best job that I have ever had. Great work/ life benefit with amazing pay and bonus plan as well as benefits.

Cons

Systems are a bit outdated, but nothing that cant be overcome.

Work on hiring more people and updating systems to anticipate the growth expected.

Home is where the Heart Is...

Current Employee - Customer Service in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growing company, open to new creative ideas, listens & respects employees. I have been here just under 2 years, I appreciate HomeServe for allowing me the chance to grow and earn a bonus for all my hard work. I also appreciate that it is a family oriented & feeling work place. HomeServe does great with making things fun, and putting the customer first (as it should be).

Cons

HomeServe may not be the best option for some, although there are some agents who are negative, make comments, which can be a bit much (most for attention). It may not be for everyone, if you aren't ready to work in a goal focused, fast pace company then you aren't going to like it. There are some system delays, lack of IT Support when calling for help, and some needs for better resources that are updated as expected, which can be difficult to rely on at times.

Think before you react, planning is always better than having to retract or clean up.

you get what you put into your career

Current Employee - Team Lead in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been at HomeServe for 4 years now. Further into my 1st year I didn't take my job seriously and was quiet negative about anything that didn't go my way, so were the people around me. It didn't start off like that. When I 1st started working here I was excited but the people around me seemed to spread this negativity around. I lost track of my goals and it was more of "what could the company do for me?" Fast forward 2 years later, I grew with the company. I left the voices of all the negativity and instead of feeling like I was owed something I started working hard for it. I spoke to my operations manager and apologize for my past behavior. He welcomed me and told me that it was about time I came around and that I have so much potential. Since then I have been promoted to a couple of positions. I also got to go on a company trip to help provide an up training one of our offices across country. I get told daily "thank you, great job, you have so much potential, your an asset" which I never heard at my previous jobs because I was simply a number. I am sharing my story because its easy to vent online about how unhappy you are with your job if your not putting the effort into it to be the best you. I didn't at one point then I saw how much this company cares about me. No job is perfect but this job values me and is providing me the leadership/development that I need. Homeserve is my company and I am forever grateful for my 2nd chance and for help making me the person I am today.

Cons

In 4 years the company has improved greatly. The only improvement I would like to see start immediately would be to great focus groups with the negative agents. New agents shouldn't be discouraged due to agents being negative. I was once one of those agents and know how your surroundings can bring down your moral. If your unhappy with your job and think negative of it, then do something in life that brings happiness to your life.

Keep moving directionally correct! OM/site director keep going above when it comes to approaching our reps, never let our moral go down.

We're doing an amazing job Homeserve!

The public liars

I have been working at HomeServe USA

Pros

You can make decent money as long as you don't get screwed out of your bonus which is actually a commission but that's another story.

Cons

Senior management only get to see the fake smiles painted on management faces during their brief visit. There are known inappropriate relationship with management and ongoing issues regarding such. There are no true promoting within the company only granted positions for those favored and those of close relationship in and outside of the office. Supervisor are not knowledgeable and front line reps know more than those of leadership. Supervisor have inappropriate conversations on the floor, use of personal cell phone calls on the floor and system use. Music is played loudly while reps are on calls making it hard to hear and when senior management come, the music magically stops play, wow!
    Hilarious place to be if you love to watch foolish people hold positions. Think before applying.

Focus on building your company not social groups. Be sure you put the right people in positions.

HomeServe USA Response

Oct 21, 2014Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your opinion. At HomeServe, we strive to build and maintain an enjoyable and professional work environment. Since opening our Chattanooga Customer Contact Center nearly four ... More

Come one come all!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

High starting salary with lucritive bonus plan. Several departments to promote into and establish yourself as a leader. There are a lot of great people here creating a lot of competition for jobs. They take great care of their customers by creating an easy to use escalations process and also empowering front line agents to take care of the customer. Annual increases are consistent and fair. Leadership is actively engaged with employees and treat us like people. HomeServe is active in the community contributing to charities such as The Dragon Boat Race, Mud Run, Chamblis, Habitat for Humanity. Employees are often given pait time away from work to participate in these activities.

Cons

Very high expectations, hard work is definately required. There are a lot of great people here creating a lot of competition for jobs and promotions

Keep your eye on resources and ensure we are prepared for the growth coming