HomeServe USA Reviews

HomeServe USA CEO Thomas J. Rusin
Thomas J. Rusin

1. Great company

I have been working at HomeServe USA

Pros

Pay is excellent for the area, you will be lucky to find a job this good without a degree. VERY fun work environment, they constantly have contests and ways to earn gift cards or extra cash. Excellent insurance for only $7 every 2 weeks for singles and company pays all of vision.

Cons

Inexperienced management, policies on attendance are a bit harsh, I understand that you have to be at work when you are scheduled but they have a no fault policy where if you miss 7 days in a year for any reason you get fired ( even with medical documentation, only exception is bereavement and fmla after 1 year)

2. Company loves their employees

Former Employee - Campaign Coordinator in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Campaign Coordinator in Norwalk, CT

I worked at HomeServe USA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work environment- nice people, causal friday's, jeans passes for charities, celebrations and happy hours for accomplishments and reasonable hours. Supportive management, pushes employees to develop professionally.

Cons

The work isn't riveting and the work load can be heavy. It's still a developing company and there are a lot of times when you take 3 steps forward and then 4 steps back. Not much time spent on fixing underlying system issues, which can make it difficult to get your job done.

Poor communication and terrible management

I worked at HomeServe USA

Pros

you work and work and work.

Cons

Terrible communication and management. work long hours and no thank yous

5. Great place to work

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at HomeServe USA

Pros

Hours are excellent, only work 2 Saturdays a month and its only for a few hours :), cheap ($7/ week) medical, vision paid by company!! work environment is very fun and they do a lot for the employees

Cons

I cant think of any

Keep doing what you are doing!!

6. mechanics raced around like greyhounds at dog track.constantly over booked and under staffed.

Current Contractor - HVAC Mechanic in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - HVAC Mechanic in New York, NY

I have been working at HomeServe USA as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

good pay and benefits resulting from 6 day work week and mandatory overtime.

Cons

unrealistic volume of work assigned each day coupled with huge work travel driving/mileage requirement. No paid travel time allowance to or from first job or last job. "8 hour paid shift" will require 11 hours total time to complete.

Hire more mechanics. book fewer jobs per shift.

7. Busy, Busy, Busy

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of fun employee activities (Olympics, Customer Service Week, Picnic, Christmas Party, cookouts onsite, etc).
    Opportunity for advancement as long as you do the right thing and come to work.
    Great pay and benefits.
    Good leadership team in place in Chattanooga. They seem to care and are always visible and willing to meet with you if you have a problem. Love the HR guy, he is always willing to listen and help.

Cons

Its a Call Center so the work at times can be frustrating. Back to back calls are tough.
    The system issues are challenging at times but you always see IT out on the floor working on them.
    Company is growing and growing but we are busting at the seams in Chattanooga. Not sure we can handle many more calls here.

Please get systems, processes, etc. in place before we add more business. We are being pulled in a lot of different directions by the business.
    Still a good place to work, management in Chattanooga cares and is working to correct the concerns we have.

8. Great service offering concept, but poor leadership.

I worked at HomeServe USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Try to foster a family atmosphere. Most positions allow for creative input on some level. Great benefits. Compensation is slightly above average.

Cons

Management is completely disconnected from daily operations, and how upper-management decisions actually impact the customer experience. Corporate office looks down at operations, and does not value the input or perspective of the people who are 'in the trenches" every day, servicing customers in one way or the other. Because of this disconnect, money and resources are often wasted unnecessarily.

Your employees actually care about your customers. Value their input and make wiser decisions about marketing and retention strategy so the organization can function as a whole, instead of a house divided.

Just Work, Not a Career

Former Employee - Team Lead in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at HomeServe USA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If all you want to do is work until you can find a job that has a future, this is the place for you. There is no requirement to do anything other than what you're told. Pay isn't to bad but not real good. If you want a sr. management title, regardless of your job or the number of people you manage, get a job at corp.

Cons

Favoritism is alive and well here, both in Norwalk and Chattanooga. They don't want to change the way that they've been doing business for years. A couple of executive managers make all the key decisions and mandate the way things are going to be done. There is no room for thinking by any of the mid level managers.

Consider spending time developing business goals, something other than call times. Can't believe with all the sr. managers that are in this company, more than enough for a company 5 times this size, it's in the condition its in. One last thing; if management thinks that the games and gifts that are being given to the call center is going to change the distrust, think again.

10. Great Company to work for!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

First company that I worked for where hard work is paying off. Very competitive atmosphere, however easy to do well. They actually care about the customer and want to do right by them. I love working for a company that takes notice when you are doing well. Senior management is always around. In less that a year I have been there I have met the CEO,COO and other top management for the company. Senior management onsite is always is available and ready to talk about anything you have concerns about and stops by just to see how your day is going. This is truly the best job that I have ever had. Great work/ life benefit with amazing pay and bonus plan as well as benefits.

Cons

Systems are a bit outdated, but nothing that cant be overcome.

Work on hiring more people and updating systems to anticipate the growth expected.

11. you get what you put into your career

Current Employee - Team Lead in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been at HomeServe for 4 years now. Further into my 1st year I didn't take my job seriously and was quiet negative about anything that didn't go my way, so were the people around me. It didn't start off like that. When I 1st started working here I was excited but the people around me seemed to spread this negativity around. I lost track of my goals and it was more of "what could the company do for me?" Fast forward 2 years later, I grew with the company. I left the voices of all the negativity and instead of feeling like I was owed something I started working hard for it. I spoke to my operations manager and apologize for my past behavior. He welcomed me and told me that it was about time I came around and that I have so much potential. Since then I have been promoted to a couple of positions. I also got to go on a company trip to help provide an up training one of our offices across country. I get told daily "thank you, great job, you have so much potential, your an asset" which I never heard at my previous jobs because I was simply a number. I am sharing my story because its easy to vent online about how unhappy you are with your job if your not putting the effort into it to be the best you. I didn't at one point then I saw how much this company cares about me. No job is perfect but this job values me and is providing me the leadership/development that I need. Homeserve is my company and I am forever grateful for my 2nd chance and for help making me the person I am today.

Cons

In 4 years the company has improved greatly. The only improvement I would like to see start immediately would be to great focus groups with the negative agents. New agents shouldn't be discouraged due to agents being negative. I was once one of those agents and know how your surroundings can bring down your moral. If your unhappy with your job and think negative of it, then do something in life that brings happiness to your life.

Keep moving directionally correct! OM/site director keep going above when it comes to approaching our reps, never let our moral go down.

We're doing an amazing job Homeserve!