HomeServices

Ron Peltier

So far, so good.

Current Employee - Insurance Account Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Insurance Account Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at HomeServices full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Growing Company linked with Berkshire Hathaway

Cons

Benefits, Salary, PTO and increased number of staff could all be improved.

Not a great place to work - high turnover

I have been working at HomeServices full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They pay for your parking and/or bus fare. PTO rolls over year to year so you can accrue a lot.

Cons

High turnover because managers are so focused on earning money that they don't care about the employees. There is little room for advancement within this company. Management is inflexible.

Best Real Estate Company in Lincoln

Current Employee - Associate Broker in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Associate Broker in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at HomeServices

Pros

Best Real Estate Company in Lincoln

If you are looking to practice real estate in Lincoln than I would interview with them.

Cons

The pay is 100% commission and there are almost no benefits. The training is not really hands on enough for the job.

Make training more hands on and real life. Management need to review performance of the staff at each Lincoln location.

Great place to hang license

Former Employee - Independent Sales Contractor in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Independent Sales Contractor in Edina, MN

I worked at HomeServices

Pros

The company has a very strong pedigree. The company has cultivated a very strong culture. It promotes information sharing between agents and collaboration. They've got offices pretty much anywhere you go so it really makes setting up client meetings easy. Super investment in the latest technology.

Cons

The caliber of the office can really depend on the Manager, a bad manager or change of managers can have negative effects since agents can be unwieldy and things can quickly go awry if not managed properly. Some times the offices can be kind wasteful. And Upper management can be kinda conservative.

Develop greater diversity throughout organizations management. Address issues of sustainability in business operations. Look into better options benefits for agents.

People are rather neutral about each other in general.

Current Employee - Relocation Department Property Assistant
    Current Employee - Relocation Department Property Assistant

I have been working at HomeServices

Pros

People do their jobs and they let you do yours. As long as the work is complete there is no one coming at you about this or that or the other. Health, dental and vision insurance.

Cons

The economy has sent most companies running in circles trying to cover the tails of the higher management. They have reduced us to 35 hours a week and slowed how quickly we accrue vacation time, and they no longer contribute to our 401k accounts.

Pull it together stop putting the economic burden on your employees. Cut some executive salaries. This is how you lead by example and keep morale up when you cut employees time and vacation.

A company to propel you!

Current Employee - Realtor in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Realtor in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at HomeServices

Pros

It is a company of values and respect for it's agents.

Cons

In the real estate business I think they do a good job of encouraging self motivated people. Some agents may feel there are down sides, however I feel they provide everything needed for hardworking, productive agents.

Keep listening to the agents for what they need, while making decisions to keep the company in a good position according to the market.

HomeServices oldest Atlanta brand is in trouble

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at HomeServices

Pros

Name recognition of local subsidiaries, great sales agents.

Cons

Lack of vision, experience, and skill among local subsidiary senior management. There are people in place in the most senior levels that have neither the skill nor the aptitude to carry the responsibility. The brand is eroding, profits are non-existent, and the reputation of the organization will soon be past the point of no return.

Take a close look at your local office top management. The brand is diluted almost to the point of no return. Be authentic with your workforce. You may think they aren't paying attention, but they are.