HomeSmart International
www.homesmartinternational.com Phoenix, AZ 1000 to 5000 Employees

HomeSmart International Reviews

Updated Feb 22, 2014
HomeSmart International – Phoenix – “HomeSmart Office”

Great company for seasoned agents

Realtor (Former Employee)

I worked at HomeSmart International full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIf you enjoy working on your own without micro management, this is a great place to hang your license. Easy to get all paperwork in if you are computer literate. Free training. Some mentor programs.

ConsSometimes the office staff is a bit gruff when asked for assistance. It takes a while to get a response from brokers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more company sponsored family activities. Realtors are away from their families a great deal and I personally don't want to spend an evening without my family for a happy hour at one of the offices. You are making a great deal of money, spend some of it on fun!

Horrible

I have been working at HomeSmart International full-time

ProsFriendly staff in almost all departments.Always ready to help with info

ConsExtremely political.Management is inclined to towards few woman of the company who are absolutely immature and have no clue and 0 experience with people management.Too much favoritism.No directions. Its like being blindfold and left in a forest with wild Animals!!

Advice to Senior ManagementOwner of this company, instead of running behind money.Stop for a second, listen to the headaches of the non management team. Don't blindly go by what your "so called management" team is leading you to.

Good place for starters

Management (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at HomeSmart International full-time for less than a year

ProsNice office and location. Close to restaurants. Most everyone is kind and willing to help and give assistance. That's about it.

ConsSalaries for the most part are approximately $10k less than elsewhere. Much like the valuejet or walmarts of the world.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I've learned a lot working at this company, overall can be a good place to work.

Senior Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at HomeSmart International full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGrowing rapidly and new work is always available. Open to new ideas and solutions to existing problems. Good 401k matching, most people in the company are a pleasure to work with, depending on your position compensation can be acceptable.

ConsManagement. Constant plague of bad managers causing high turn over rates. Very little culture in terms of going to events together or even anything after hours. No clearly defined set of goals for improvement or growth in the company, this includes raises. Vacation policy isn't great but that may change.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being horrible managers and listen to employees. They might have some words of wisdom. Also it might be helpful if people had a regular set of goals and compensation to work up to based around a regular scheduled, 1 year, 3, year, etc..

Just a basic Realtor, nothing fancy here -

Realtor - House Flipper (Current Employee)

I have been working at HomeSmart International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFor the size of the company, it is well run, organized and they offer a ton of free classes and education. Also, quick on closings to cut checks - AS LONG AS YOU HAVE YOUR PAPERWORK IN!!

ConsLike any office, brokers can be gruff and take time to call you back. Otherwise, none.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow some "fresh blood" to assist in broker consults. We work hard for our sales and commissions, and personally feel like brokers are not there to fight our battles, just to review our paperwork.

Frustrated...

Realtor (Current Employee)

I have been working at HomeSmart International full-time

ProsCompensation plan is the only reason why I stay.

ConsBackend support not properly staffed or qualified to work effectively.
Marketing tools are severely antiquated.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire/train effective staff for paperwork department.
Hire staff to update/advance marketing tools.

More Commission Less Fees

Real Estate Agent (Current Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I have been working at HomeSmart International part-time for more than a year

ProsCommission payment turnaround is extremely quick.....same or next day provided all documentation has been turned in. State of the art offices with big screen monitors provide a professional experience for the client. Plenty of task computers available so no waiting around. Paperless reporting....via intranet. Intranet dashboard provides instant access to commission reports, daily calendar, pending files and much more. Office available 24 hours.....keycard after business hours.

ConsMain office out of Phoenix. No tech support in office when computer or printer/scanner requires attention. No comaraderie since there are really no other agents officing out of there.....most come and take of their business and leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more free educational opportunities in surrounding areas. Hurry up and open up more offices Nationwide.

It was good but you have to be responsible for yourself.

Associate Broker (Former Employee)

I worked at HomeSmart International

ProsCompensation package is the best

ConsBrokers do respond but sometimes their responses will not help you get results

Advice to Senior ManagementGood place to hang our license, once you have the program down.

Customer Accounts Manager

Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at HomeSmart International full-time

ProsAt this time no pros

Conswork more hours then scheduled, is not family friendly company

They treat you like slaves!!

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at HomeSmart International full-time for more than a year

ProsWeekly paychecks, holidays off w/ pay

ConsVERY stressful ! Lousy pay for the amount of work expected of you, too many work hours, very organized, management very controlling!

Advice to Senior ManagementMORE PAY!! With the way the economy is and the small pay raises you offer and the amount of work you load on employees, it's impossible to survive! Stop trying to control every little thing and allow people to do their jobs. People have lives! We don't live just to make you money!!

Worked for HomeSmart International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HomeSmart International reviews and ratings. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by HomeSmart International employees.