Homebase Limited

www.homebase.co.uk

Homebase Limited Reviews in Basingstoke, England

3.2

Paul Loft

Pros
  • 10% Staff Discount is currently being offered to Asda Walmart employees (in 5 reviews)

• there are also many place you can be placed: tills, customer service, bathroom/bedroom design, cash office, replen (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Managers and team leaders discourage talking between staff while on the shop floor (in 5 reviews)

• However I do not believe for one second that any of the management really knows the people who work for them except the replenish and desk team leaders (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Is full of learning opportunities

Current Employee - Operations Assistant in Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Operations Assistant in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I have been working at Homebase Limited part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a great company to work for in terms of the opportunities that can arise. You can pick up a number of skills which become useful. You learn so much about how shops run behind the scenes as well as out the front. Staff discount. The staff events. Fundraising efforts.

Cons

The fact that some of our benefits have been taken away e.g. the latest was the bank holiday premiums that the longer serving employees received was cut.

Consider promotions and possible prices of products. Especially now there is a cheaper tool store *AXMISTER* across the road from your Basingstoke store and soon there is a *Bargain home furnishings shop opening right opposite too.

Really excellent employers

Former Employee - General Assistant in Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Former Employee - General Assistant in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I worked at Homebase Limited part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people made working at homebase very enjoyable. I worked there for many years and I met lot of brilliant people. No two days were the same. Prior to working there full time I also did work experience there. I worked on the tills initially and moved all around the store after.

Cons

My one critism would be at one point I was working full time hours but I was still technically part time. At one stage I wanted a bank holiday off but I was denied it.

This is a small thing but worth considering leave times and the bigger picture.