Homebase Limited

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paul Loft

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Is full of learning opportunities

Operations Assistant (Current Employee) Basingstoke, England (UK)

ProsIt is a great company to work for in terms of the opportunities that can arise. You can pick up a number of skills which become useful. You learn so much about how shops run behind the scenes as well as out the front. Staff discount. The staff events. Fundraising efforts.

ConsThe fact that some of our benefits have been taken away e.g. the latest was the bank holiday premiums that the longer serving employees received was cut.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider promotions and possible prices of products. Especially now there is a cheaper tool store *AXMISTER* across the road from your Basingstoke store and soon there is a *Bargain home furnishings shop opening right opposite too.

Really excellent employers

General Assistant (Former Employee) Basingstoke, England (UK)

ProsThe people made working at homebase very enjoyable. I worked there for many years and I met lot of brilliant people. No two days were the same. Prior to working there full time I also did work experience there. I worked on the tills initially and moved all around the store after.

ConsMy one critism would be at one point I was working full time hours but I was still technically part time. At one stage I wanted a bank holiday off but I was denied it.

This is a small thing but worth considering leave times and the bigger picture.

Worked for Homebase Limited? Contribute to the Community!