Homebase Limited Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Paul Loft

Pros
  • staff discount card works at Argos as well (in 5 reviews)

• The people and atmosphere are great and the customer service goals are fab (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Always felt like we weren't valued by the management, which was ridiculous as if it wasn't for us shop floor workers they wouldn't make any money (in 5 reviews)

• My one critism would be at one point I was working full time hours but I was still technically part time (in 4 reviews)

1. Great Place To Work!

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Dundee, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Homebase Limited

Pros

Very proactive when it comes to training staff! Management are supportive and are not nasty if you are ill or unsure of what your are meant to do.

Cons

Low pay. I started work at 16 so i was on a wage of £3.56 per hour. The uniform makes staff wear steel toe capped shoes, they are very heavy and sore on your feet.

Advice to Management

Praise the management team at Homebase Dundee!! They are amazing!

2. Homebase review

I have been working at Homebase Limited part-time

Pros

The costumers are the best, its how you make the job, i work on tills and i make the job out fun because the customers are fun

Cons

low pay, where as other jobs you understand how to level up and grow within the company i cant see any growth know how to grow or improve.

3. It's an alright job

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Homebase Limited

Pros

20% discount Nice staff Nice atmosphere Loads of overtime

Cons

Customers expect u to be very knowledgeable about every aspect of diy And it's kind of repetitive and boring

Advice to Management

They should find ways to engage the staff more

5. Just left to plod along no support

Current Employee - Personnel Manager in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Personnel Manager in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Homebase Limited part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's 2 mins down the road, can come and go as I please, staff discount if great and the rug doctor hire is free

Cons

No support from management, no direction, I've not had a review in over 4 years, just left on my own in and office with no windows or air con to cook all day.

Advice to Management

Take more notice of staff that work well and don't cause any problems.

6. Not recommended

I worked at Homebase Limited

Pros

Salary was acceptable, somewhat competitive

Cons

I would have to ring at the weekend to get my hours for the following week

7. Ok but flaws

Current Employee - Customer Service Assistant
    Current Employee - Customer Service Assistant

I have been working at Homebase Limited part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

20% discount Loads of overtime available Everyone that you work with is friendly Mostly satisfied customers You will build product knowledge and get more DIYey

Cons

Poor pay Management Delivery system Very long shifts with breaks that you are expected to skip No overtime pay even after doing 60 hour weeks Pressured into doing overtime

Advice to Management

Management needs to understand that their employees are disposable but the ones that enjoy their job will stay if they are treated right otherwise you'll lose to them to better paying companies. Their needs to be a immediate upgrade of logistics and delivery systems, it is poor and we on front end and shop floor get the brunt of disgruntled customers, too many refunds for missing items. Of course overtime is good but we shouldn't feel forced to do it, us part timers contractee to do 8 hours end up doing 50/60 hour weeks with no overtime pay at all, even when I was doing my A level exams for 2 weeks I told them I'm cutting down on hours but every day I would get a call begging me to come in. The 'family' at homebase is good everyone is pretty happy and comfortable working there, all have a good time even when working hard on the busy weekends. The high standards of the store should always be kept up, not for just when a regional manager is coming in, give them a honest picture and don't rush around the day getting already busy staff dressing the store because they could get a slap on the wrist. Even though it is tried to be covered up there is obvious break downs and conflict in management with team leaders and them blaming the store not reaching targets on each other. Also the bonus scheme is flawed, how is someone on shop floor even when they hit all their targets is then hindered by friendliness at tills because front end are understaffed and slow. If you are flexible with hours a good place to work but you will be taken for granted.

8. No values

Current Employee - Retail Sales Assistant in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Assistant in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Homebase Limited part-time

Pros

Not many pro,s for working for this company. Customers and colleagues get you through the day.

Cons

Long working hours, they don't look after good hard working staff, pay is just over minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Up your game, recognise staff who are willing to work, get rid of lazy staff, give overtime to staff that are willing to do it. Stop making false promises. Lose members of management who do nothing but walk round the store who are on the mobiles to friends.

9. Good company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Homebase Limited

Pros

Lovely people. Managers are very friendly and are always there to help you.

Cons

Some managers can be very difficult at times

10. Homebase

Former Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I worked at Homebase Limited full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great company to work for that pay reasonable well.

Cons

The company needs to organise themselves slightly better so that they are in a place to take the competition on. IT tend to drive the strategic agenda as opposed to operations. They spend too much time getting the business requirements wrong in the first instance.

Advice to Management

Look after you people better and you will get more out of them.

11. It was a great experience & I was very happy to be apart of the company

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Homebase Limited

Pros

The working environment is very friendly & staff have been issued with headsets to improve communication amongst ourselves which has definitely taken great effect

Cons

Some items for whatever reason may not have a barcode which makes it difficult to locate the rest in order for it to be scanned at the till

RSS Feed </> Embed