Homecomings Financial

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

George Westall

Great company in a lousy market

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsHomecomings had an exceptionally talented, young, vibrant and motivated workforce. It is a very employee friendly company with lots of employee perks, for example: staffed onsite gym with aerobics studio (and yoga instructor), Partner program (international vacation packages for top performers), exceptional management, catered Friday breakfasts, catered monthly birthdays.

ConsA lot has changed since I left. Many of the perks and benefits I enjoyed are now gone. 50-60% of the portfolio was sub-prime which lead to a major restructuring. Consumer Originations are no longer be handled out of the Dallas office (unless this has changed again). I believe they are now more focused on Collections.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to preserve as much of your performance culture as you can despite adverse economic conditions. Homecomings really was a great company to work for and I am proud to have served there.

Loved it.

Bellevue, WA

ProsWay back when I first started there the company treated its employees wonderfully. Due to the current market conditions that hasn't been possible but it was through no fault of the company. Even now with the company closing we are being treated far better than any other recent mortgage company I have heard about. It's truly like working with nothing but family and friends. Great.

ConsNone really up until recently, again all due to market conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have all been wonderful. Thank you for all that you have done. You're a great talented group of people and I wish all of you the very best.

Great Company has soured in recent months.

Rather Not Say. (Former Employee)
    Petaluma, CA

ProsIts a high performance organization and there are good people who work there. Compensation is fair and culture for reviews and feedback is formalized. Benefits are strong. The only problem right now is that they aren't hiring due to all the cutbacks lately. Even in the one branch that is remaining open, the open positions has temporarily been put on hold.

ConsThe last 12 months have been tough due to the nature of the mortgage business. Massive changes with very little thought into the customer experience. Right now, everything is about cutting costs, looking within...with no concern for growing the business. Working for any company right now in the mortgage industry is a risk. Not sure there is more risk in this one but if you do end up working there, you better hope that Sr. Management starts communicating what is going on more often and with a clear plan as to what is going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more. There are a lot of people who believe that no news is bad news and morale is too low to work under the no news framework.

Worked for Homecomings Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Homecomings Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Homecomings Financial CEO George Westall. All reviews posted anonymously by Homecomings Financial employees.