www.homejoy.com

Adora Cheung

Great Company

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Homejoy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with and an easy going culture.

Cons

Weak executive leadership, and lack of communication across teams.

5 star ratings = retaliatory termination

Former Employee - #16 CLEANER Terminated Bad HQ SOP! in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - #16 CLEANER Terminated Bad HQ SOP! in San Jose, CA

I worked at Homejoy

Pros

freedom to pick area and hours full schedule ability weekly / direct deposit pay /will pay added bonus jobs /SJO regional manager morrison is the best!

Cons

last min canceling changing schedules without informing cs unhelpful and unsupportive no experience in cleaning blocks dashboard availability to gain power and control makes impossible work request and allows unfare reviews by slandering clients w/o question and rewards w/freebies having no say in under scheduling or clients history for making commitment or any say will try to keep repeating requests unscheduled and lie to clients saying unavailable make bias changes to schedule 30 min holds for emergency request nonresponcive too work complaints or topics and retaliates by cutting your hours or blocking

i was 16 out of top 50 rated cleaners in usa #1 in SJO i served over 200 clients and maintained a reschedualing client list i provided a beyond standard and represented this co with full respects and honor to be fired and blocked from any of my ininvolvements or service i excelled and was relied for making complaint and pending lost accts satisfied and clients complaints dept CS made some big mistakes to be a hostile condition i was fired in a bad faith and unwilling to provide a hostile client that manipulates and scams to get services my unsupport provided me a blocked dashboard that i been requesting access since banned im hurt angry and in disbelief on their method in treatment to top cleaning providers i made 17.50 hr and worked 6 mo unfare to cleaners that been cleaning much longer and most are worthless in customer service having no cleaning knowledge or indristy experience funded by google allows unprofessional and payoffs to keep clout this start up had a great idea but too many personality conflict that dont deserve their titles made my belief in this group change and not reffer its serves by knowing how they treat cleaner most cleaners are inexperienced and back groubd clearance is very questionable reading so many untrusting and responsibility concerns i worked with both great and worthless and amazing they keep still the failures that are forced to team up with sharing a rating only one deserved unfair and bad work conditions

Okay company

Former Employee - Cleaner in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Cleaner in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Homejoy as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good hours flexible OKay pay good customers and good customer service

Cons

You can't work in teams you have to work in solos

Work in teams so you can get the job done faster

The Cleaner experience

Former Employee - Cleaner in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Cleaner in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Homejoy as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Can make your own hours, pays weekly, my starting pay was $13 an hour, also a very cool computerized system that allows you to make any adjustments to your schedule, receive information about bookings, payment, customer and client ratings.

Cons

They make it very clear that you are an "independent contractor" and not a Homejoy employee, yet, the "independent contractors" are the people on the ground supporting everyone at the base in San Fran where they get "great food, benefits," ect. Also, I am severely allergic to cats and since I don't get health benefits, I called the main office many times to ask them not to book me on appointments at houses with cats and they never took this request seriously. Maybe it got lost in the sauce of their computerized system, but this was a deal breaker for me. Ultimately, I had to stop working for them because my health and wellbeing are more important.

Stop calling your cleaners "independent contractors" and start offering competitive salary and benefits this might help with your cleaner retention rate. Also, when an independent contractor has a severe allergy to certain things like dogs or cats, please take it seriously enough to not book them on appointments where their health will be jeopardized.

OKay for remote

Former Employee - Ops Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Ops Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Homejoy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Remote work setting allowed for flexibility.

Cons

7 day a week job.

Find a way to help CM's take days off.

Will Suspend Your Account Without Notice

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Homejoy as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule and work hours.

Cons

1. A client can leave you bad reviews, lie on you, and Homejoy will stick up for them, even when you file an appeal.
    2. Your account will be suspended without notice.
    3. Hard to get a hold of management. Poor communication.
    4. Your jobs can change from day to day. When you are scheduled for an appointment, it changes abruptly and leaves you stuck.

Be honest with the cleaners and stop taking client's word at face value. I have been burned by your company and have only been there a little over a month. I have had great reviews, and 2 clients did not tell the truth. I filed an appeal and was granted 1. The second appeal I had proof that the client lied, and all of a sudden my account was suspended. Totally unfair.

Good experience, great people

Current Employee - Cleaning Professional in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Cleaning Professional in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Homejoy as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Very flexible hours and you get paid weekly. The tech stuff makes my job easier, very cool. The staff at their headquarters are great, genuinely care about us which is super important to me in particular

Cons

Some clients aren't great but the company helps us deal with them. Sometimes I get bad reviews that I'm pretty sure I don't deserve.

Keep up the great work and keep listening for feedback!

It didn't live up to the expectations communicated

I worked at Homejoy full-time

Pros

Amount of responsibility I took on; my professional development in a challenging role

Cons

Seeing that the value of money seems to strongly trump every other value, evidenced in the way cleaners and the general operations are managed

Best Company to Work For

Current Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Homejoy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Young, fresh company with a lot of energy. I loved working for Homejoy, and so does everyone else who works there. It was a great environment to make your mark, and to learn new skills to benefit your future career. Everyone has a tremendous amount of fun, and the culture is very important to the HR team.

Cons

We were growing so fast that there was not enough space to put everyone, the workplace got a little crowded but I think they've moved since then.

hard work, learn A LOT

Former Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Homejoy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've worked at other startups before and this place is really different. I can't put my finger on it exactly but I felt like everyone listened and really wanted to help me out. I loved the people there. It was a great, very diverse atmosphere and I got along with almost everyone. Once in a while when I got to nerve to talk with the CEO to make suggestions, I felt like I was always heard every time.

Edit: I just read some of the other reviews and I'm sad for the low ones. To put this all in perspective, I think there is a lot of things that Homejoy needs to improve on. Working on both sides of the table, I know how hard it is to meet everyone's expectations. But they know this and work so much to make it happen. They probably need more people to do this faster.

Cons

Some days were long but it was totally worth it. I learned so much.

Homejoy Photos