Homeland HealthCare

Updated Mar 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stephen V Jones

Overall the experience was good but learned that company is not in a good position for long term growth.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Allen, TX

I worked at Homeland HealthCare full-time for more than a year

ProsEmployees are very friendly and helpful.

ConsThe challenges of working here are that there are too many positions of management. Management is very secretive.

Advice to Senior ManagementElilminate some of the management positions as company is too top heavy with these. Allow people to work from home more often.

Excellent Company...just gets a bad rap because of the industry

I have been working at Homeland HealthCare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe corporate community and culture is excellent - the company is generous - benefits are nice - leave early on Friday's - executive management is top notch - facilities are beautiful and convenient at Watter's Creek

ConsThe owners are very conservative and the employees who work in sales often complain about us having industry low base salaries

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate the corporate sponsored weekly bible study and instead, provide an alternative benefit that allows your employees to do something good for their community - for example, a half day off each month to volunteer. Something that will allow people to do good in the community their own way. The weekly bible study is a bit "exclusive" and borderline (if not entirely) unethical for a company of this size.

Good at first, then downhill at a slow speed

I have been working at Homeland HealthCare

ProsPretty good Benefit Package, Nice people & Great location. If you are into Bible Study, they have that too. Birthday cake each month, dress up for Halloween, Christmas Party, 2 weeks vacation, 3 sick days and 2 PTO days off.
Good place to get a start in Inside Sales or Customer Service.

ConsAlways pressure from management to hit goal, hit goal, hit goal. Yeah, we get it. Sometimes, the lack of sales is out of our control. Re: loss of product, bad phones, not licensed in a particular state. It used to be fun, but since management changed last year, things have gone downhill ever since.

Too many managers and too much micromanagement. Leave me alone and let me do my job. It is obvious that you made your bonus because you flaunt your new things and the many vacations that you take. Taking a pay cut, decreasing the bonus structure, making it hard to reach goal, and being out right rude makes agents upset and they will leave, and have left because of it.

You just shouldn't demote people and cut their pay without giving someone fair warning. What might look like a good idea for the company on paper, only puts poison in the air. Don't tell the demoted person that you took a pay cut also. Really? Taking away a few thousand dollars a year from someone making $40K is more damaging than taking it away from someone who makes $100K. You just affected every aspect of the person's personal life. Besides, it was your fault that the department had too many expenses. Hiring a consultant, hiring your personal friends, taking unnecessary trips & spending money on useless leads.

If this company is making millions and considers themselves a "Christian Company", why not share it with the many low level workers that have to answer to the bad online reviews and unethical practices by brokers and management?

Not many options to move up in your career. They seem to hire from the outside for mid level positions.

You can not trust anyone at this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize the employees that you have. Many have Bachelor's degrees and have excellent previous work experience that could take this company to a new level.

Take a good look at management and VPs. They would throw their mother under the bus to succeed. Listen to your exit interviews as to why people are leaving.

Offer an awesome salary and recognize all levels of employees. Not everyone can afford to have a stay at home wife and drive a fancy car. Get into tune with your lower level employees who keep this company together.

You keep winning the fastest growing company award, why not strive to be one of the best companies to work for in the DFW area?

Don't force your religious views on everyone. Was it really necessary to "highly encourage" participation in The National Day of Prayer? Just because you donate money to your church, doesn't make you a good Christian.

Stop turning your eyes away from the Brokers and their horrible sales ethic. Yes, they make the company money, but they are also a HUGE Liability.

Let your employees take paid time off to Volunteer. The giving of time is just as valuable of giving of money. Would love to see Homeland sponsor a mission trip. Or give PTO for someone to go on their own.

Run don't walk.

Administration Reception (Former Employee)
Richardson, TX

I worked at Homeland HealthCare

ProsYou could probably get away with not doing any work for two weeks and no one would really notice.

ConsSalary, no promotions, no job stability.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Worked for Homeland HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Homeland HealthCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Homeland HealthCare CEO Stephen V Jones. All reviews posted anonymously by Homeland HealthCare employees.