Homeland Stores Reviews

Darryl Fitzgerald

1. Great before new store manager

Former Employee - Cashier in Edmond, OK
    Former Employee - Cashier in Edmond, OK

I worked at Homeland Stores (More than 3 years)

Pros

My coworkers were amazing and I met people that chaned my life. I had great relations with the regular customers and it was laid back working environment. Overall we were a little family I loved it.

Cons

Management was not dependable and very biased. He also lied a lot and gave empty promises and couldn't motivate his employees without manipulating.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified people for qualified postions.

management

Former Employee - Bakery and Deli Manager in Blackwell, OK
    Former Employee - Bakery and Deli Manager in Blackwell, OK

I worked at Homeland Stores full-time

Pros

none I can think of spent nine yrs there hated it

Cons

the corperate management has no faith in their employees. wont fix anything in the store that is broken just jimmy rig it,, all coolers and freezers always going down. they expect their workers and management in the stores to be able to work miracles, with no décor or money to help. they will yell and humiliate their management on the floor in front of customers. I worked there 9 yrs in management, with no customer complaints, till we got a new store manager that for 1 yr I was the union rep, and kept reporting him for not following rules. 3 days before he quit I got 2 complaints in 2 days. and 1 day later they came and fired me didn't allow me any comment at all. they treat employees like crap.. employee owned is a joke u have to wait a yr to get your stock after they fire you un fairly

Advice to Management

take care of your management they bust their butts for you and get nothing but grief from district managers. no matter how good our profits are.. we are not dogs to be humiliated when under staffed and over worked,.,,

3. DO NOT WORK HERE

Pros

Nothing. None at all. Nothing.

Cons

Pays horribly, treats employees like dirt, relentless harrassment and bullying, No one cares, backlash for speaking up against poor treatment.

Advice to Management

Nothing I can say will help this entire company is unprofessional and shady.

5. Pleasant

Former Employee - Cashier/Bakery Assistant in Edmond, OK
    Former Employee - Cashier/Bakery Assistant in Edmond, OK

I worked at Homeland Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed my time there. The management were generally very understanding, and relatively pleasant people. Very flexible schedule. Good benefits for full-time.

Cons

It did only pay minimum wage for the typical positions.

Advice to Management

Consider an increase in paygrade to keep employees around.

6. I worked here for ten years and had great managers and employees. But the pay was terrible.

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Homeland Stores full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I learned a lot working here. The customers loved the double coupons. The store managers were always great.

Cons

The pay sucked, and employees were never given enough hours. Customers always complained about high prices.

Advice to Management

You should have dropped the Union when you had the chance. And write ads for sales instead of profit!

7. Grocery Manager

Former Employee - Grocery Manager
    Former Employee - Grocery Manager

I worked at Homeland Stores full-time

Pros

There were no pros. Working for homeland over worked and under paid.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid not enough full time help. No one took there jobs serious. To many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Advice to Management

Hire people full time with experience hire people who want to work. Hire adults over 25 who have bills to pay and are responsible.

8. It was an alright company to work for.

Former Employee - Cashier in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Cashier in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

relaxed environment, friendly co-workers, easy job.

Cons

They will tell you that they'll work around your schedule, but they never look at your availability after they hire you.

Advice to Management

If you're going to ask people their availability then you should look at it when you're making out the schedules.

9. Great flexible part-time job.

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Homeland Stores part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The schedule is super flexible around your schedule, which is great for students. If you need a certain time or day off, you will most likely get it. It is fairly stress free and I have made some of my best friends working there.

Cons

Hourly positions don't get paid very well. It is hard to get any sort of promotion.

Advice to Management

The new employee-owned initiative is pretty confusing. Employees were given little information about the change.

10. Avoid employment here at all costs!!!

Pros

Promotion can be quick. I was promoted from Produce to Front End manager in just a couple of months.

Cons

Homeland is a very traditional company with conservative values. I was sexually harassed by a couple of employees (one being an Asst. Mgr.), and ended up resigning due to the stress and fear. I receive no support from upper management although I reported the harassment. I applied for unemployment, and was awarded it. The company contested the decision, and the unemployment benefits were stopped.

Advice to Management

N/A

11. it's retail

I worked at Homeland Stores full-time

Pros

meeting new people and minimul training

Cons

people are unpredictable interoffice politics

Advice to Management

hiring of specifeied shift time and stay at that shift time.

RSS Feed </> Embed