Homeowners Financial Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Homeowners Financial Group President Bill Rogers

Bill Rogers

A great place to work with family values and gives back to the community

I have been working at Homeowners Financial Group full-time

ProsHomeowners Financial Group makes you feel like you're doing something great for our community, helping people and families get into homes they can afford, and has The Care Fund that they created helping local families with children that are in Children's Hospital for an extended time.

ConsCan get stressful with production expectations with company growing and new systems coming into place in the near future.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to have better employee recognition for each department

Family Culture

Operations (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Homeowners Financial Group full-time for more than a year

ProsExecutive Management cares about each employee as an individual person and not just a number. Their open door policy is something they stand by. They encourage involvement with the community and provide many avenues and opportunities to give back to the community as a company. "That's not in my job description" is not what you typically hear from your co-workers. Instead, the common line is "Is there anything I can do to help?" Such a breath of fresh air to come to work with everyone happy and positive. There is definitely a reason why they have won #1 "Best Places to Work" three years in a row and placed in the top 5 for the last 9 years.

ConsA vending machine in the break room would be nice. A more structured periodic review process would be ideal.

Clicky, like working in High School

Processor (Former Employee)

I worked at Homeowners Financial Group full-time for less than a year

ProsVery dedicated Loan Officers, good products and quick application turn times. Dedicated, motivated processors

ConsI was one of a few that were let go within the "trial period" without given any opportunity to show my work skills and was then devistated and jobless. I did A LOT of research on this company prior to coming to work for them and saw nothing but good reviews. When I interviewed I got nothing but good feedback so I was very surprised when I began working and wasn't given an opportunity to show my skills at all before I was released.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnforce proper training proceedures during the trial period. I know a couple of people who are fantastic employees and really know their "stuff" who were fired before given the opportunity to shine. Very unfortunate, if you don't fit the mold or who are pegged within the first few days. Processors take on a lot of responsibility and don't feel like it is their job to do any shadowing or training, which, I can understand... they aren't being compensated for training, it doesn't benefit them at all.

Growing Company with Small Company Culture

Operations (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Homeowners Financial Group full-time for less than a year

ProsEveryone here is so friendly and positive. Management truly cares about their employees and their community. Cross-training to assist with meeting deadlines is common. Management is working diligently at expanding their operations to accommodate the needs of their sales force. They are working on improving their infrastructure to support the influx of new business and staff. Everything they can do to improve the workplace, they are doing.

ConsThey are a small company going through growing pains. They need to be open to change in order for their company to grow with their increasing volume. There is room for improvement as many of the things they do are still manual and not uniform.

Best company I have ever worked for

Loan Officer (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

ProsWhen they say Homeowners Financial Group is an award winning company I now know why. The culture here is unlike any company I have ever worked for - very family oriented. The operational staff and management make my life easier and there compensation is very competitive. I love HFG and plan on staying here.

ConsI can't think of any...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Decent company, but clickish

Loan Originator (Former Employee)

I worked at Homeowners Financial Group

ProsSolid reputation, good brand recognition. Homeowners Financial Group is a respectable mortgage banker in the State of Arizona. Three branches.

ConsProcessors have too much power over loan files and are over worked causing loan fall out. With giving too much power to processing dept the loan officers learn less and lose deals. This should be corrected.

Advice to Senior ManagementProcessors have too much power over loan files and are over worked causing loan fall out. With giving too much power to processing dept the loan officers learn less and lose deals. This should be corrected.

Worked for Homeowners Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Homeowners Financial Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Homeowners Financial Group CEO Bill Rogers. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Homeowners Financial Group employees.