Homeowners Financial Group

Homeowners Financial Group Reviews

4.1

Homeowners Financial Group CEO and Founder Bill Rogers
Bill Rogers

A great place to work with family values and gives back to the community

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Homeowners Financial Group full-time

Pros

Homeowners Financial Group makes you feel like you're doing something great for our community, helping people and families get into homes they can afford, and has The Care Fund that they created helping local families with children that are in Children's Hospital for an extended time.

Cons

Can get stressful with production expectations with company growing and new systems coming into place in the near future.

Need to have better employee recognition for each department

Family Culture

Current Employee - Operations in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Homeowners Financial Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Executive Management cares about each employee as an individual person and not just a number. Their open door policy is something they stand by. They encourage involvement with the community and provide many avenues and opportunities to give back to the community as a company. "That's not in my job description" is not what you typically hear from your co-workers. Instead, the common line is "Is there anything I can do to help?" Such a breath of fresh air to come to work with everyone happy and positive. There is definitely a reason why they have won #1 "Best Places to Work" three years in a row and placed in the top 5 for the last 9 years.

Cons

A vending machine in the break room would be nice. A more structured periodic review process would be ideal.

Clicky, like working in High School

Former Employee - Processor in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Processor in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Homeowners Financial Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very dedicated Loan Officers, good products and quick application turn times. Dedicated, motivated processors

Cons

I was one of a few that were let go within the "trial period" without given any opportunity to show my work skills and was then devistated and jobless. I did A LOT of research on this company prior to coming to work for them and saw nothing but good reviews. When I interviewed I got nothing but good feedback so I was very surprised when I began working and wasn't given an opportunity to show my skills at all before I was released.

Enforce proper training proceedures during the trial period. I know a couple of people who are fantastic employees and really know their "stuff" who were fired before given the opportunity to shine. Very unfortunate, if you don't fit the mold or who are pegged within the first few days. Processors take on a lot of responsibility and don't feel like it is their job to do any shadowing or training, which, I can understand... they aren't being compensated for training, it doesn't benefit them at all.

Growing Company with Small Company Culture

Current Employee - Operations in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Homeowners Financial Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is so friendly and positive. Management truly cares about their employees and their community. Cross-training to assist with meeting deadlines is common. Management is working diligently at expanding their operations to accommodate the needs of their sales force. They are working on improving their infrastructure to support the influx of new business and staff. Everything they can do to improve the workplace, they are doing.

Cons

They are a small company going through growing pains. They need to be open to change in order for their company to grow with their increasing volume. There is room for improvement as many of the things they do are still manual and not uniform.

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Homeowners Financial Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

When they say Homeowners Financial Group is an award winning company I now know why. The culture here is unlike any company I have ever worked for - very family oriented. The operational staff and management make my life easier and there compensation is very competitive. I love HFG and plan on staying here.

Cons

I can't think of any...

Keep doing what you're doing!

Decent company, but clickish

Former Employee - Loan Originator in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Loan Originator in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Homeowners Financial Group

Pros

Solid reputation, good brand recognition. Homeowners Financial Group is a respectable mortgage banker in the State of Arizona. Three branches.

Cons

Processors have too much power over loan files and are over worked causing loan fall out. With giving too much power to processing dept the loan officers learn less and lose deals. This should be corrected.

Homeowners Financial Group Photos