Homes & Land Magazine

Homes & Land Magazine Reviews

Updated May 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great place to learn and grow

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsExtremely caring and helpful managers that foster an environment for teamwork and open communication. Our clients (the franchises) are, for the most part, easy to get along with.

Overall, this is a GREAT first job or even an excellent gateway for someone interested in real estate.

ConsNot a lot of vacation days; sub-par health, vision & dental insurance benefits. As far as work is concerned: some days the work can seem monotonous and tedious. But it's encouraged to go to different departments and help out there so you're never bored.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what you're doing. You guys are the best.

Good for those with little ambition

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood place to go if you are at the end of your career and want to coast your way out to retirement or have little ambition and just want an easy 9-5. Decent pay especially for the low workload.

ConsLittle exposure to anything cutting edge, not a competitive company in the modern real estate market. They are 100% bound to their magazine for revenue. Cyclical hiring and firing. Their company is in a declining market. As young people who were raised on technology age real estate magazines become less relevant. They have no sustainable method to continue generating revenue long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither:
    Liquidate the company and sell it before there are no buyers left in the market.

Or:
    Liquidate the magazine franchises, lay off associated staff and convert to a digital advertising model.

Homes & Land is an okay company. All they care about is whether you can sell pages in the magazine!

Managing Publisher (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGet to work from home!

ConsNeed to really focus on time management since there is so much autonomy!

Advice to Senior Managementbe more open minded!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard work, but very rewarding.

Graphic/Production Artist/Production Manager (Current Employee)

Pros• Up-to-date knowledge of the local and national housing markets.
    • Work is not repetitive. There is always something new improve your design/graphic skills on.
    • Usually a calm proactive work place.

Cons• Can be extremely stressful due to the fast nature of real estate and the deadline driven world of print.
    • If Salary – Expect to work more than 40 hrs.

Advice to Senior ManagementProfit Sharing!

Thought Provoking

Graphic Artist (Former Employee) Carrollton, TX

Prosyou get to make art all day long... keep a check on the housing markets... possible to make long term contacts for other work.

Consthe day and week that you work is long with little to no breaks due to need.

Advice to Senior Managementtalk with your employees more. no one like to be given walking papers right after they get married and buy a house.

The magazine has consistently produced a top quality product and the people I work with are excellent!

ProsThe magazine has an excellent reputation in every aspect.

ConsThere are none that I can think of.

Worked for Homes & Land Magazine? Contribute to the Community!