Homes.com Reviews

David Mele

1. Love this company!

Current Employee - Customer Service in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Homes.com full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Being a long time employee I have seen the ups and downs of working for a ".com", but through that we have all grown along the way. The products have come so far to look back and compare to now is astonishing. The people who are here for more than a year are family and we work together as a team to keep our customers as happy as possible. Recent management changes have turned to have a very positive effect on morale and overall growth has been tremendous on the traffic front as well. Looking forward to the future!

Cons

Product issues do arise in technology and tend to take more time that we'd like to resolve. This has improved over time some, but could use more individualized effort moving forward.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in growth of your employees and product improvements.

2. Cold Call Phone Sales

I have been working at Homes.com full-time

Pros

Decent hourly wage, $12.00, and a forty hour week. Very supportive management, in most cases.

Cons

As with any cold call telephone sales job, very hard to get prospects to talk with you. Few people really have the knack. Most do not. Very low commissions, so your hourly wage is pretty much what you will get.

Advice to Management

Spend more time in the beginning teaching the art of selling, and less on the history of the real estate business.

Rocking and Rolling in Real Estate!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Legacy Team in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Homes.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very outgoing management and employees, regularly have team building exercising and training not to mention the pot lucks when i was there they added an upstairs break room with Hulu ,Netflix etc on the other size of the building was a small gym to help with sitting for long hours, Customer service week was awesome bagel Wednesdays were awesome paid time off was easy to request, and once a year we would have a cook out / kick ball tournament pretty Epic, they even throw valuable employees going away parties when having to leave the company.

Cons

Pay capped out at 11.54 in my department however there were bonus / incentives to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you did when i was there i truly appreciated everything you did to help me get to where i am now

5. Business Consultant

Former Employee - Agent Business Consultant in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Agent Business Consultant in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Homes.com (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great customer service manager, nice work environment, casual dress.

Cons

Never enough employees, work loads were extreme, definite "growing pains" with rapid growth of company.

Advice to Management

Hopefully they have been able to add enough positions to support customer service and reduce workloads to a reasonable level with agents.

6. Awesome Company

Current Employee - Supervisor in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Homes.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very fun environment to work in, they are very diverse in hiring and give lots of room for individuals to express themselves and grow. We have a potlucks and celebrations almost every month. Free Bagels once a week, picnics, lunches, bonuses and pretty good benefits package. Management is friendly and always willing to listen, you never get the feeling like they are too busy for you. Because the company is growing and changing they appointed a training team that is always there to help answer any questions that come up so you never feel stupid. A lot of leniency in this job as long as you show up on time, try your hardest to meet your goals and contribute to a positive work environment you're golden.

Cons

No profit sharing in benefits package. All of management is young and hard working so they wont be going anywhere anytime soon, which can make it hard for anyone who is wanting to move up quickly but when higher up positions do become available they give everyone in office a fair chance to go for it.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward employees for hard work and company loyalty. Happy Employees = Happy Customers

7. A career to learn, live life, and share experiences with great coworkers.

I have been working at Homes.com full-time

Pros

I've been working at Homes.com for many years now and enjoy their focus on providing a challenging work environment while maintaining time for you to enjoy your personal life. New technologies, practices, and ideas are plenty and input is encouraged and solicited from all levels of the team.

Cons

We are still a relatively small team which can leave individuals with a large plate of responsibilities. This can be great for individual experience but it can also be overwhelming and lead to a lack of focus if not properly managed.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop staff financially, professionally, and technically. Employees are your greatest resource.

8. Environment for Meaningful Advancement

Current Employee - Project Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Homes.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management at Homes.com makes an effort to identify employees interested in advancing and provides training and opportunities for employees to showcase those desires. Homes.com is keen on promoting from within but isn't afraid to hire from without as well to provide a diversity of ideas.

Cons

At times, competing interested in product offerings do not communicate high enough up on the management ladder and cause middle management to be put in the middle.

Advice to Management

All product stakeholders should be involved in initiative planning to insure that products do not become orphaned or in order that middle management does not need to become an advocate for competing products.

9. Good place to work, good people

I have been working at Homes.com full-time

Pros

Great people, growth business, lot's of opportunity coming

Cons

communications, need to focus on traffic growth

Advice to Management

Keep growing!

10. Management restructuring means opportunity moving forward

I have been working at Homes.com full-time

Pros

Homes.com has recently undergone a management reorganization. I read some of the past reviews and I don't even recognize the company they're referring to. The new team is working hard to establish a culture of transparency, accountability and shared opportunity. For employees who are willing to work hard and bring solutions to the table, growth opportunities are plentiful.

Cons

With transparency comes accountability. The company is in growth mode so it's a two way street. If you're not okay with being held accountable, then this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The majority of employees are very happy with the changes underway and the growth we're seeing.

Regional Sales Executive

Pros

Able to work from home with little supervisory support. Lots of good friendly people.

Cons

Told there was a base of business to manage which ended up to be less than true. The territory was so large that it made it nearly impossible to be an outside sales person which was the advertised position. The monthly quotas were near impossible unless you were one of the "chosen" few that were going to Trade shows on a regular basis. Only a small percentage succeed, most leave or are let go within the first 6-12 months.

Advice to Management

Get a better training program. Have the managers out visiting their reps on a regular basis. Make the Trade shows more evenly distributed among the reps so everyone has the same chance to succeed.

RSS Feed </> Embed