Hon Hai

Updated May 28, 2014

3.3

Hon Hai Chairman and CEO Terry T.M. Gou
Terry T.M. Gou

Good job overall except bureaucracy

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Pros

Many opportunities for people willing to work. People here have chances to work with various tier one customers. Entire business model can be seen.

Cons

bureaucracy is bad thing. People spend too many times on communication because the organization is too big. Extra time is needed for running a simple process.

software engineer

Pros

just for salary reason, not other reason. even salary, compare with working hours it will not better with other company.

Cons

You need to follow some stupid command from CTO. CTO work for himself, he only prompt his teaml's work. When present product to customer, we will doublt he is work for foxconn or not.

Change the CTO

I liked it; stayed for eight years.

Former Employee - Senior Patent Engineer  in  Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)
    Former Employee - Senior Patent Engineer in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Pros

As long as I kept my work going and my guys producing to quota I was never bothered by any supervisor. Could go weeks without even a hello. Sweet. Plenty of paid holidays. Enjoyed my co-workers immensely. Travel to other sites possible. Enjoying being the first to know of leading edge technology.

Cons

If you don't speak Chinese you can feel left out of the loop sometimes. Must understand both mainland Chinese and Taiwanese culture or can find yourself in trouble. If you lose face it can take years to get back in their good graces,

Good luck, and don't worry so much about some of the drama foreigners bring. Westerners can be quite demonstrative and outspoken but will work hard to get the work done well and on time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a fast pace, target centric, customer first company but exhausted..

Current Employee - Senior Deputy Manager  in  Taoyuan (Taiwan)
    Current Employee - Senior Deputy Manager in Taoyuan (Taiwan)

Pros

Varieties of business models, manufacturing choices and independent operations by groups. Newbies could learn the very basic from the ground and experiences the sharp culture of fast pace.

Cons

The longer you stay, the lazier you become. Big org. often brings you frustration while things are way too steady, difficult to make a change..

Somehow...there are management being ego-manic...everyone knows well. drop the ego then do the business ...

Long hours, unsatisfactory benefits

Former Employee - Project Engineer  in  Tucheng, T'ai-wan (Taiwan)
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Tucheng, T'ai-wan (Taiwan)

Pros

If you can put up with the terrible work/life balance and get promoted, the pay for managers is still pretty good.

Cons

Long working hours (12 hours a day), benefits for employees are less than satisfactory, has a strategy of taking orders from other companies without assessing whether the team has the capacity to deliver the products, resulting in unhappy customers and exhausted employees.

Reduce the work time of employees by reassessing your business strategy, getting orders is important, but not at the risk of making angry customers as well as constantly exhausting your employees.

Foxconn is dead

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

Pros

to be expose to the Asia market, to gain experience in a large manufacturing plant and to expand networking. I don't know if this is 100 words yet but these are all the goods I can say aboiut Foxconn. However, I don't regret working for Foxconn. It might not be a good experience but it's an experience which will broaden your view about the company.

Cons

the worst mangement ever! I've work for Foxconn for 3 years and this is the worst company I've work for.
    Salary is low, long working hours without appreciation, unintelligent managers, hardly any benefits, unhealthy unethical business practices and etc. Basically the good to bad ratio is around 1:20

no comment

Worked for Hon Hai? Contribute to the Community!