Honda Manufacturing of Indiana Reviews

47 reviews filtered by
2.7
Bob Nelson

1. Great opportunities!

I have been working at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay! Great Benefits! Close to home! They believe in promoting from within. They promote on knowledge and hard work vs. degree.

Cons

Long hours. Hard to balance home life and work with second shift.

Continue using "The Voice" in making improvements! Would like to see more PTO hours available.

2. Honda gives all backgrounds of people a chance when other places may not, true diversity in the workplace.

Current Employee - Team Coordinator in Greensburg, IN
    Current Employee - Team Coordinator in Greensburg, IN

I have been working at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love working at Honda. They truly believe in giving people a chance who don't have a factory background. The management is fair, the temperature is within comfort level, and the pay and benefits are great and continue to get better. At the end of the day you have a huge sense of pride and accomplishment knowing that you built a reliable, safe, and cost effective product for the customer.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to get support from other departments who are supposed to help us such as our parts quality department. At least in my situation.

Keep doing what you're doing. The suggestion program is great and so is your willingness to listen to your employees. One thing I would like to see is a class for new TC's before they are put out on the floor that teaches everyone the exact same way so our record keeping is more consistent.

It's all lies

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, IN

I have been working at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you disrespect yourself and others enough to play games, cheat, lie, and steal you'll go far.

Cons

You have to cheat, lie, and steal to go anywhere. Look at the reviews. It's all bad and then in October they started targeted asking for good reviews. Those reviewers ate the favorites. Then in December they posted and asked everyone to review. With that they got a bad or two and several over the top good ones. Don't believe it. Anytime the only good ones are grouped that tight you should know.

Earn it. Don't request it

Good reviews are fake

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, IN

I have been working at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana (more than a year)

Pros

40hrs work week plus benefits, good pay. you can have a job as long as you show up everyday.

Cons

They act like they care about their employees. They will tell you everything you want to hear and change it right after they tell you.

They stopped the rotation of shifts, placed 70% temps on days and 30% Honda on days. So if you have not been with the company more then 3 years you will never get to days. A temp quits they just replace them with temps. You have to wait for a Honda employee to quit or retire.
      You have to make friends with management to even think about moving up. It is a buddy system there. They hire their friends for office jobs,new model jobs, also TC jobs. Plenty of people like myself have applied for positions that we have degrees in, we don't get anything back saying we don't qualify or anything. You find out they already hired someone when they had posted the jobs.
       If you get hurt at work it takes along time for them to really do anything about it. They have their own medical there with Drs. But they get paid buy Honda. They look at you like you are a step child if you are hurt.

Stop hiring your friends and hire people that can do the job, most of the time your friends have to be trained and told what to do and still not sure what to do

6. A company that provides opportunities

I have been working at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana

Pros

Honda is a company that cares about its team. Honda lives by its philosophies and associates are encouraged to dream, work with passion, have joy in their job, have a challenging spirit, and respect co-workers. The work is very challenging, but very rewarding.

Cons

There are challenges with any large company. However, Honda does a great job of making a large company feel like a large family. In today's economy, job stability is so important and Honda provides a good steady wage, excellent benefits and opportinities to grow. I'm proud to say I work for a company who has never had layoffs and values its team.

Continue to work closely with associates on their training and development. Share your wisdom and transfer your knowledge.

7. Challenging, Fast Paced, Come to be challenged and apply your skills!

Current Employee - Lead Technical Specialist in Greensburg, IN
    Current Employee - Lead Technical Specialist in Greensburg, IN

Pros

Fast paced environment. Associates are respected for their opinions and thought process. A degree may get you in the door, but work ethic and personal drive and dedication will get you promoted. Easy to see those who want to put in the time and effort and those who don't. Great benefits and pay. Advancement opportunities are up to the individual. Many meetings and Presentations. Come to work with your creative thinking cap on! Expect to be told No, or additional information is required (but, don't get discouraged.. try, try.. try.. again). This is for learning opportunity, as well as a Challenging Spirt. The more you perform presentations - the easier they do become (nothing in life comes easy, folks!) Good working team currently. Floor is going to be a Fixed Shift Environment soon (all in Jan). Office staff is made up of Engineers, past floor associates, and others who may have graduated with various backgrounds. Open office mind-set with many recent Associate changes being made. Definitely a company in the right direction! Many positions can be held by anyone that has the right skills, work ethic, and drive for a better future for themselves and the company/department. You don't need a college degree to succeed!

Cons

Still some associates who feel that they are owed more than they should be. I feel that some of the engineers think that their degree should set them apart. It's not about the degree, but what you do with it. Just because you go to school for 4+ years doesn't mean you can sit around and get paid. Management experience is a little on the low side, but improving every day.

Continue the good work! There are many changes that are occuring that have tested the entire group. Keep up the communication and continue to walk your areas multiple times per area. Always listen to the associates, take their considerations in mind, and never forget the follow-up!

Not a good company to work for

I have been working at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You just have to show up.
    Medical benefits

Cons

Everything else.. Time off/Leave policies, pay, respect.
    12/8/14 Emails were sent out asking for favorable reviews on Glassdoor.

Don't try to bribe people into leaving favorable reviews. Take these reviews and use the information contained within them to improve the situation.

fair place to work

Current Employee - Technical Specialist
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist

Pros

fair pay and benefits,getting better at promoting from within stopping the rotating shifts

Cons

could do better at training managers

Very fair company that does it's b

Current Employee - Team Manager in Greensburg, IN
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Greensburg, IN

Pros

Very fair company that believes in promoting from within. There are abundant opportunities available for growth.

Cons

Currently it would be that we are on a rotating schedule but as of January we will be on a set fixed shift.

Be as personable as possible. It really goes a long way with the associates.

11. Good job and benefits if you're okay with the repetitive nature of an assembly line job.

Former Employee - Production Associate in Greensburg, IN
    Former Employee - Production Associate in Greensburg, IN

I worked at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The base pay is good, along with the 401k matching and profit sharing, they also raise your pay twice a year based on the cost of living (also you have normal pay raises within the first 2 years) which is also nice compared to most other jobs.

Cons

Working for a Japanese company they are very strict so you sorta just feel like a number and don't have a whole lot of say in things. They are very strict with their attendance policy (points system) - I was on my way to work and was 5 minutes away when I hit a deer and totaled my car but they still didn't care what the excuse was as to why I was late. I suggest living near the facility (Shelbyville or actually Greensburg) because the drive for me was a hassle, especially during the winter time and as strict as they are (drove from Indy). Everyone in your department has to rotate between first and second shift every 2 weeks which sucks because your body doesn't really get used to that.

Accept feedback from the people who are actually working for you and make adjustments from there, instead of just doing something a certain way because "that's how we always have done it"

Honda Manufacturing of Indiana Photos