Honda of America Mfg.

www.ohio.honda.com

Honda of America Mfg. Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Tomomi Kosaka

Pros
  • Overall the pay and benefits are good for the area that they employ from(in 8 reviews)

• Good pay Hours are strict, must work when they tell you(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Even some of the other comments here seem to confirm that the Work-Life balance is pretty bad(in 3 reviews)

• Hard workers are scorned by management because they may never have worked the floor(in 4 reviews)

Great learning environment for engineering students.

Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee) East Liberty, OH

ProsHonda provides a mentor who thoroughly trains you in a realistic position solving problems and enhancing the company with true deliverables.

ConsPlacement is determined by the talent management staff through the co-op program (interns do not apply for a specific assignment).

Advice to Senior ManagementBe flexible with co-ops: when I arrived my mentor realized where my talents were and gave me specific tasks where I could be challenged and find success. A rigid assignment would not have been nearly as beneficial for myself or my team.

Assembly

Assembly (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsOT and nice people to work around.

ConsSame thing and hard to develop career.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpportunities to enhance careers.

Tough manufacturing climate

Engineering Coordinator (Current Employee) Marysville, OH

ProsGood pay Hours are strict, must work when they tell you. Office environment is from the 60's
    Good benefits
    Good pension

ConsNo opportunity or promotion unless you are connected. Or you must have a college degree.
    No further training once hired unlike Honda R&D

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management (SE + AM and above) shuts themselves off to lower staff. Private meetings and secret agendas

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best IT job I have ever had.

PC Services (Current Employee) East Liberty, OH

ProsAs an IT professional working at Honda is extremely versatile. Its never a dull moment. One minute I could be working on a computer back in the lab, the next minute is my time to shine, fixing and IT issue that keeps the manufacturing process going.

ConsThe commute is close to an hour. Thinking about moving closer to the plant.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is doing a fine job, thank you.

amazing

Assembly Associate (Current Employee) Marysville, OH

Prosthe company is good to there workers and is very easy to work for

Consstrict attendance policy and alot of walking

Advice to Senior Managementstay the same dont change i worked here for 10 years and left and have regretted it since 2 months after i love the place so very much

Great

Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee)

Prosgreat workplace atmosphere, everyone is friendly
    great engineering environment for an engineering intern
    good benefits and programs for co-ops

Conspay is lower than normal
    early starting hours

You're a Hondroid - which means you are disposable

Honda Associate (Former Employee) East Liberty, OH

ProsWhen I started in 1997 the Japanese ran the company, the place ran like a well-oiled machine. It was always right man, right job. Benefits and pay were good.

ConsAmericans took over, now no one knows what they're doing, you get the job if you kiss booty, no loyalty to me as an exemplary employee. I had 15 years perfect attendance, was moved to different departments because I would encourage and "fix" the department, and constantly told what a good employee I was... until I tore my shoulder on-line. They threw me away like trash.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit paying the attorneys and Private Investigators to try and "catch" me doing something wrong... and use that money to fix my shoulder so I can get well and get back to work!

Going down hill at an alarming rate

Equimpment Service (Current Employee) Anna, OH

ProsStable job
    Decent benefits
    Good vacation policy

ConsRampant confusion and mismanagement at department levels
    Inconsistent application of policies, many decisions bases on hidden favoritism
    No rules, only "guidelines"
    Everything subject to business needs clause
    The motto seems to be "Ignorance is bliss and the truth is not welcome"
    People live in fear of failure more than anticipation of success

Advice to Senior ManagementToo much time spent with form instead of function, stop worrying about having all your charts and graphs looking pretty and start paying attention to the core business of making cars.

Stop punishing the innovators

Perfecctly mediocre

Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee) Marysville, OH

ProsGood people, set responsibilities, major projects for intern.

ConsDay to day activities were VERY repetitive. Open cubicle area made it feel like I had no privacy.

Great place to work

Engineering Coordinator (Current Employee) Marysville, OH

ProsYou have real responsibilities. Projects are meaningful and you get to see them through from start to finish, which is very rewarding. There are constant challenges with new vehicle designs, manufacturing problems, factory renovations, etc. It's a fast paced workplace that rarely has you feeling bored.

ConsNot all areas are as exciting as others. Some jobs can be very monotonous and repetitive since this is a mass production factory. However, the company is big, so there are usually opportunities to try out something else that might interest you.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to rotate through various areas within the company so they can understand and appreciate the complexity and interdependence of all of our functions. It will open their eyes and help them perform better within their own roles.

Worked for Honda of America Mfg.? Contribute to the Community!