Honda of America Mfg.
www.ohio.honda.com Marysville, OH 5000+ Employees

Honda of America Mfg. Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Tomomi Kosaka

Pros:
  • "Overall the pay and benefits are good for the area that they employ from"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Good pay Hours are strict, must work when they tell you"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Even some of the other comments here seem to confirm that the Work-Life balance is pretty bad"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Hard workers are scorned by management because they may never have worked the floor"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Production Associate

ProsGood pay, hard work led to promotion at the time that I went in.

ConsNot everyone in management on the same page about philosophy/production management

Advice to Senior ManagementJust stop and remember why this company has gotten to where it is, and how you got to where you are.

The best IT job I have ever had.

PC Services (Current Employee)
    East Liberty, OH

ProsAs an IT professional working at Honda is extremely versatile. Its never a dull moment. One minute I could be working on a computer back in the lab, the next minute is my time to shine, fixing and IT issue that keeps the manufacturing process going.

ConsThe commute is close to an hour. Thinking about moving closer to the plant.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is doing a fine job, thank you.

amazing

Assembly Associate (Current Employee)
    Marysville, OH

Prosthe company is good to there workers and is very easy to work for

Consstrict attendance policy and alot of walking

Advice to Senior Managementstay the same dont change i worked here for 10 years and left and have regretted it since 2 months after i love the place so very much

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great

Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee)

Prosgreat workplace atmosphere, everyone is friendly
    great engineering environment for an engineering intern
    good benefits and programs for co-ops

Conspay is lower than normal
    early starting hours

Great place to work

Engineering Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Marysville, OH

ProsYou have real responsibilities. Projects are meaningful and you get to see them through from start to finish, which is very rewarding. There are constant challenges with new vehicle designs, manufacturing problems, factory renovations, etc. It's a fast paced workplace that rarely has you feeling bored.

ConsNot all areas are as exciting as others. Some jobs can be very monotonous and repetitive since this is a mass production factory. However, the company is big, so there are usually opportunities to try out something else that might interest you.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to rotate through various areas within the company so they can understand and appreciate the complexity and interdependence of all of our functions. It will open their eyes and help them perform better within their own roles.

Great Experience

Product Engineering Co-op (Current Employee)
    Marysville, OH

ProsGreat area, wonderful pay, wonderful people, great benefits, interesting work

Consnot much overtime, could have taken on more responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for more overtime to get more work done.

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOne of the best reasons to work here is because of the diverse employee network. I was able to meet someone new daily throughout the plant.

ConsA major downside of working here is that you may be placed in an area where you will grow tired of quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice to offer because the management was great here at Honda of America Mfg. Although, it was different

Great Place

ProsTechnical staff really know their stuff.

ConsCan't eat or drink at your desk!

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to permanently acquire contracted talent that actually keep things working.

Good pay, decent treatment, great benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Marysville, OH

ProsFor the area, you won't find any better compensation. It is a farming area and if anyone works for another factory, it is likely a Honda supplier. Great parking, olympic pool/fitness center with trainers and massage therapists. Very laid back and low expectations. You get a bonus once a month just for showing up to work everyday. Also profit sharing and stock options. No business attire needed for working ANYWHERE at Honda. The CEO wears the same shirt and pants as the man who puts the floor mats in. There is a plethora of inhouse training, from MS Office, to accounting classes and many thing that will heighten your business acumen. However, trying to get into an off-site training that will look good on your resume is difficult.

ConsMost of the facility is run by "good ole boys". The best education you can have is from the local high school. If you have a bachelors or a masters, your opinion will hardly matter and you will be there for the paycheck. Your manager will likely have a high school diploma, have no idea what a pivot table is, and be divorced because they will do anything management says. They stress family values, but that doesn't amount to quality time with family. Just means they will pay you. Most of the japanese who are there left their families in Tokyo and send their paychecks home. Also, you are stuck wherever you are. It is very hard to move to a different position and IMPOSSIBLE to move to another division.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow cross training to improve schedule flexibility and associate freedom. Reward employees with options for vacation or compensation.

Honda East Liberty

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee)
    East Liberty, OH

ProsGreat pay
    Keeps you busy
    Once you are in its hard to get lose your job
    Very stable company with no layoffs

ConsDo not trust some of the management
    Weekend work
    Hard to move up and get promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not use people....

Worked for Honda of America Mfg.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Honda of America Mfg. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Honda of America Mfg. CEO Tomomi Kosaka. All 77 reviews posted anonymously by Honda of America Mfg. employees.