Honda of America Mfg.

Alarmed over the Corrupt Management and HR at HAM

Former Employee - Production Associate in Anna, OH
    Former Employee - Production Associate in Anna, OH

I worked at Honda of America Mfg. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Generally safe. Mostly a clean environment. Great product! More good people than the company morons have the aptitude to recognize. Good area to harvest workers from...or it would be if we didn't treat people like a commodity!

Cons

"Good old boys system" in Management and HR. No system for checks and balances to establish respect for the individual. Hard workers are scorned by management because they may never have worked the floor. HR is a crime in the making. NOT professional! American management establishing their version of the Honda Way has led to much strife and criminal activity. People are scared for their jobs. There are many many workers not willing to give their ALL. I attribute this to poor leadership! If someone in management has a beef with you they have many tools to "get" you and are willing to destroy careers to do it! Very sad times. Caring about your work is running second fiddle to people who "think" they are running the show. Many fat cats doing practically nothing to produce the product. Incompetent white collars everywhere. Poor leadership and advancement procedures. Perhaps a refection of the greater societal woes of our times??

Get back to respecting your workers. Get rid of the ones who don't want to work....go to the spot and open your eyes. If you are part of the management problem then FIX it! Get out on the floor and take a day or two each month and use your hands and mind to WORK. Get rid of the HR establishment and for heavens sake give the good worker temps a full time position if they show that they are good workers. Be fair and be hesitant to trash peoples lives!

Not the same company I hired into

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Many opportunities to try new things. Good health benefits. Reduced rate lease car benefits for management.

Cons

Few development opportunities. Lack of respect and appreciation for experienced associates. Lower than average professional compensation.

Return to Honda Philosophy. Question leadership and go to the spot. Improve work environment for engineers in manufacturing.

Great learning environment for engineering students.

Current Intern - Engineering Co-Op in East Liberty, OH
    Current Intern - Engineering Co-Op in East Liberty, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg. as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Honda provides a mentor who thoroughly trains you in a realistic position solving problems and enhancing the company with true deliverables.

Cons

Placement is determined by the talent management staff through the co-op program (interns do not apply for a specific assignment).

Be flexible with co-ops: when I arrived my mentor realized where my talents were and gave me specific tasks where I could be challenged and find success. A rigid assignment would not have been nearly as beneficial for myself or my team.

Tough manufacturing climate

Current Employee - Engineering Coordinator in Marysville, OH
    Current Employee - Engineering Coordinator in Marysville, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay Hours are strict, must work when they tell you. Office environment is from the 60's
    Good benefits
    Good pension

Cons

No opportunity or promotion unless you are connected. Or you must have a college degree.
    No further training once hired unlike Honda R&D

Upper management (SE + AM and above) shuts themselves off to lower staff. Private meetings and secret agendas

Great place to work

Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Marysville, OH
    Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Marysville, OH

I worked at Honda of America Mfg. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very stable company. Never a layoff. Great benefits at zero cost. Always a bonus in November.

Cons

Pay is comfortable but not great. Lots of fat and overhead that needs to be trimmed.

Don't make morale any worse by reducing medical benefits any further.

Assembly

Former Employee - Assembly in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Assembly in Columbus, OH

I worked at Honda of America Mfg. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

OT and nice people to work around.

Cons

Same thing and hard to develop career.

Opportunities to enhance careers.

The best IT job I have ever had.

Current Employee - PC Services in East Liberty, OH
    Current Employee - PC Services in East Liberty, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

As an IT professional working at Honda is extremely versatile. Its never a dull moment. One minute I could be working on a computer back in the lab, the next minute is my time to shine, fixing and IT issue that keeps the manufacturing process going.

Cons

The commute is close to an hour. Thinking about moving closer to the plant.

Management is doing a fine job, thank you.

amazing

Current Employee - Assembly Associate in Marysville, OH
    Current Employee - Assembly Associate in Marysville, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

the company is good to there workers and is very easy to work for

Cons

strict attendance policy and alot of walking

stay the same dont change i worked here for 10 years and left and have regretted it since 2 months after i love the place so very much

Great

Former Intern - Engineering Co-Op
    Former Intern - Engineering Co-Op

I worked at Honda of America Mfg. as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

great workplace atmosphere, everyone is friendly
    great engineering environment for an engineering intern
    good benefits and programs for co-ops

Cons

pay is lower than normal
    early starting hours

You're a Hondroid - which means you are disposable

Former Employee - Honda Associate in East Liberty, OH
    Former Employee - Honda Associate in East Liberty, OH

I worked at Honda of America Mfg. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

When I started in 1997 the Japanese ran the company, the place ran like a well-oiled machine. It was always right man, right job. Benefits and pay were good.

Cons

Americans took over, now no one knows what they're doing, you get the job if you kiss booty, no loyalty to me as an exemplary employee. I had 15 years perfect attendance, was moved to different departments because I would encourage and "fix" the department, and constantly told what a good employee I was... until I tore my shoulder on-line. They threw me away like trash.

Quit paying the attorneys and Private Investigators to try and "catch" me doing something wrong... and use that money to fix my shoulder so I can get well and get back to work!

Honda of America Mfg. Photos