Honey Baked Ham

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chuck Bengochea

My job is very laid back, but an steady pace as for as work assignments.

Production/Sandwich Maker (Current Employee)
North Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Honey Baked Ham part-time for less than a year

Proseasy, relaxed, and well mannered towards the customer.

Consham juice, turkey juice, freeze turkeys,very small freeze

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what u doing.

It sucks !!!! Avoid working for this people unless you have no other choice.

Cashier (Former Employee)
Miami, FL

I worked at Honey Baked Ham part-time

ProsTedious work assignments and easy to do. Free meals. You get discounts on products. Customers are nice ( sometimes ). Employees are cool and friendly. Not all the managers are idiots, only some of them.

ConsAbusive management, non-sense logistics, no room for advancement, dead end job. No benefits, low salary and no chance of rise. The company only works well for the managers and the rest of the corporate crew, regular employees don't make enough and are treated like slaves in most cases.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry treating your employees with respect and give them more incentives to sell your overpriced products.

Not Worth It

I have been working at Honey Baked Ham

ProsIf you love their ham and the sandwiches, then you'll love it. Its easy.

ConsThey only hire for the holiday season so you'll work for like a month with 30-39 hours a week at $7.85 an hour.

very good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Honey Baked Ham

Prosvery easy work , fun enviroment, faced paced very little training needed, customers are wonderful very caring enjoyed working with managment

Consfast paced, outdated technology, very messy some people can be rude, lots of cleaning after holidays, only seasonal work no full time availible

Advice to Senior Managementcare more

Great at first, but changes ahead are not for the best.

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Honey Baked Ham full-time for more than 3 years

Prosclosest normal business hours a manager can work during non holiday time in the food industry. If you are good at the political game, you'll go far in the company.

ConsCorporate expects CORE values to be followed but don't follow them. They work hard to make sure you don't get your bonuses even when numbers are better then the year before. You will work 80-90 hours a week during the holidays, keep in mind you are salary too so you won't be compensated.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore you fire your managers, you should actually see which ones are the ones doing all the work and supporting and training all the staff. Trying to save a few thousand will cost you many more down the road.

An excellent place to work.

I have been working at Honey Baked Ham part-time

ProsThis store has a great management team.

ConsThey could be a little more selective with seasonal staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey could be a little more selective with seasonal staff.

Verbally Abusive Manager

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Gainesville, FL

I worked at Honey Baked Ham part-time for less than a year

ProsEasy tasks to work on, great customers and regulars, the schedule worked well with school hours and personal life.

Consthe hours were short, no break-room or actual break, one of the managers were verbally abusive, if you weren't doing something even if the place was dead you were yelled at

Advice to Senior ManagementNo need to yell at someone for doing their job RIGHT and embarrass them for no reason other than your rageaholic tendencies.

Will spend money for cosmetic reasons but wont pay its workers a decent wage. Only PT to avoid benefits

I have been working at Honey Baked Ham part-time for more than a year

Pros50% discount on products, free lunch.

Conslow pay, low pay, low pay

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your field workers. core values only lip service.

Fast-paced. Co-workers become like family.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Mobile, AL

I worked at Honey Baked Ham part-time for less than a year

ProsIf you like fast-paced work that wears the hours away, then this is a great place to work an extra job during the holidays. Pay is fair for the sales associates. Management is better than a lot of places. Workers are nice and all hard workers.

ConsThe customers can be tough to deal with - especially during the holidays. Get ready to work your tale off during the holidays. Year round it's basically slow so you work fewer hours. It's a much faster pace during all the holidays. Pay is on the low side for supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupervisors deserve to be paid more. Everything else is good.

Unfair establishment

Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Honey Baked Ham

ProsThe food is great and u get 15% off

ConsManagement is very poor. The owners of the store does not care about the employees no matter how hard you work.

Worked for Honey Baked Ham? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Honey Baked Ham reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Honey Baked Ham CEO Chuck Bengochea. All 20 reviews posted anonymously by Honey Baked Ham employees.