Honeywell

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.2 1,616 reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote

David M. Cote

Pros
  • Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though)(in 122 reviews)

• Work environment is not very stressful and mostly you can choose your own projects(in 72 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits, perks and work life balance have been slipping last few years(in 44 reviews)

• upper management doesn't involve itself in employee betterment(in 40 reviews)

1,616 Employee Reviews

Good Company

ProsGood backlog, experienced sales team

ConsNeed more qualified install and service technicians

Sourcing

Sourcing (Current Employee)

ProsSome flexibility and a good resume builder

ConsTo big and lack of accountability

Advice to Senior Managementorganize company to be more efficient

Staff engineer

ProsLots of opportunity to advance and explore different functions

ConsPoor compensation and benefits

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Boss = Great Job

Project Manager (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGreat people to work for and with. A true team enviroment. Everyone really seems to care about you and you future goals. I would give them an A+

Consto many procedures and policies that no one follows. There is a considerable amount of travel involved but that is not always a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither enforce the policies and procedures or do away with them

Excellent place to develop as an HR Professional.

COE Manager (Current Employee)

ProsRobust HR structure, Great career opportunities, HR is driven by data, Strong emphasis on Compliance, Global exposure. You can grow either as an HRG and/or as a COE Specialist.
    The only constant is Honeywell is change, this has enabled me to become a proactive professional, pushed me to drive and influence change, and most importantly adapt quickly to different environments.

ConsToo much bureaucracy. Sometimes it is really frustrating to expedite offers for positions that are already approved.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you really want to implement a Right and Fast culture we need to get rid of bureaucracy.

Contract worker at Honeywell

Electronic Technician I (Former Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsGreat on the job training and reference materials to work from. Great co-workers provide a relaxed and fun environment.

ConsAs a contract worker there is little opportunity to obtain a permanent position.

Working for Honeywell as an Account Manager

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) Wayne, NJ

ProsGood company, clear roles / responsibilities. Excellent working conditions, good benefit packages. Good people to work with.

ConsVery hard to move up, must change jobs to improve salary / benefits. Will pay for advanced training and then not use you in improved area. Middle management very guarded about job explanations, future developments. Company does not share much about current conditions, and will keep info related to job under wraps.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep people based on performance, not seniority. Create more job mobility, less silos.

Job Security

Integrated Supply Chain Supervisor (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsHoneywell has given me the oppotunity for advancement and had paid for my undergraduate degree.

ConsLots of work, many hours put in.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership should trust their managers and supervisors and let them run their shop without micromanaging.

Good work life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo micro managing and results focused

ConsVery little opportunity for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat management

I am pretty satisfied here at Honeywell

Strategic Sourcing Leader (Current Employee) Geismar, LA

ProsThe pay is great and good benefits.

ConsTo many layers of management

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!