Honeywell

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.2 1,617 reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote

David M. Cote

Pros
  • Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though)(in 122 reviews)

• Work environment is not very stressful and mostly you can choose your own projects(in 72 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits, perks and work life balance have been slipping last few years(in 44 reviews)

• upper management doesn't involve itself in employee betterment(in 40 reviews)

1,617 Employee Reviews

Great place to work at, great people, and good mentors

Prosgood pay, easy work, good overtime

Consnothing really makes this company bad unless you like to talk behind peoples back

You're just a number, nothing more.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood holiday, vacation days and personal day times. Great learning department allows you to take advantage of free continuing education opportunities.

ConsYou're just a number. Most people there are just trying to climb the corporate ladder and change positions often. Hiring freeze prevents new employee hiring even when it is desperately needed. They are great at buying a small company and literally tearing it apart, first with overwhelming red tape and procedures then literally shutting it down and keeping the technology.

Performance-Driven Culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Morristown, NJ

ProsPay for performance, smart co-workers, career advancement opportunities

ConsExtremely process oriented, management egos

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work.

ProsAccess to capital is often easy when justified. There is a lot of cross division transfers. Work/life balance is good and they are flexible.

ConsPerpetual highering freeze limits growth. We know we need to improve in certain aspects of our business and can justify the hire economically but are still allowed to hire due to conservative management. Everything is very slow to happen, everything.

Benefits are not competitive at all. Expensive insurance, high deductible. No discount stock purchase plans (that would be nice since we have performed great).

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the business the control over their budgets. Tell them the objectives and give the power to go get it done.

Very difficult culture to penatrate

Sales Director (Current Employee)

ProsCompensation is decent, high amount of autonomy in my position, flexible work hours

ConsHostile work environment, in-fighting among leadership, executive management not focused on the real issues of the company, poor delivery, dissatisfied customers, excessive turn around times, culture is very antiquated and diversity is not encouraged.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the real issues that affect the company's ability to be successful. Stop sweating the small stuff that doesn't make the company profitable. Work on building up the team instead of tearing them down. Stop tolerating poor behaviors which eventually impact results.

Backstabbing and too political in upper management

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsNone. Don't. Shouldn't. They look for scape goats to hide their inadequacy.

ConsYou are a scape goat to senior management. They make stupid decisions and then when you tell them how to fix it they take YOUR SOLUTIONS AND ACT LIKE THEY THOUGHT IT UP. So sick of senior leadership not seeing their peers as who they are. This includes top leaders in this company. Grow up guys. See that you are covering the wrong backs!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up and realize that your paychecks aren't the most important thing in life. Be humble knowing you screwed up with a decision and take YOUR accountability and not blame it on someone else. HR is a joke too. Take a close look CEO s and SR. VPs and look at each other. You don't know what's happening. Its almost funny.

Get the experience and move on

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsA lot of dedicated and hardworking people around who are over-qualified and work passionately. Good training facilities that offer excellent learning and certification opportunities to take advantage of.

ConsLots of them, the compensation is well below what most other companies in the area would offer. There are a lot of bad managers and only a hand full of good managers, so make sure if you do your homework. Lastly, its a deadend as there is no scope of growth, so unless you like living in LA this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementDave Cote is a great CEO, great to be a shareholder. Not so great as an employee

A large corporation that acts and pays like a small company amd has a C.E.O. that steals ideas.

Electronic Technician II (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsSafe place to work and clean.

ConsTo get a raise you must leave your current position and move to another department.
    Right now, because we live in a right to work state, they are firing permanent workers but giving them lay-off packages to keep them from suing because they must sign a non-suing waiver to receive the package, so they can keep contract workers. They cannot lay off permanent workers and keep contract workers so their firing them. They are also randomly choosing engineers, giving them p.i.p.s (personal improvement plans) even though they have dont nothing wrong and if they dont "improve" they will get fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe lack of respect for the American worker runs deep here starting with the CEO. This down-turn will not last forever and you must improve or you will never get quality workers to work there.

Just isn't the same..

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat, hard working dedicated people. Use to have good benefits, competitive compensation, plenty of training opportunities. Sr Manager down, great leadership. Plenty of upward mobility

ConsCompany is only focused on shareholder satisfaction and stock performance, Benefits are getting smaller and smaller, Cutting costs at every opportunity with very little to no focus on the future, the employees or the customers... Sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the short term mindset, take care of your people, ride out the low times and focus on the future, not today and tomorrow. Invest heavily on future technology, that is what made us so successful in the first place. Put more thought into the betterment of the company and employees as appose to your bonus.

Not what it used to be

Engineer (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsTalented and hard working fellow employees, good starting pay, decent benefits. Line level supervisors are generally excellent and supportive. Flexible work hours for some.

ConsCorporate leadership out of touch, poor new recruit retention. Honeywell no longer recognizes value of employee experience. Many of the better benefits are reduced for new hires.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive young talent a promotion path, allow different divisions some autonomy, ditch the old G.E./Allied Signal way of doing things. Stop trying to hammer square pegs into round holes with the One Honeywell model.

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!