Honeywell

3.2 1,584 reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote

David M. Cote

1,584 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though)"
    in 115 reviews
  • "Good compensation package and work environment, when US Govt market was good"
    in 68 reviews
Cons:
  • "Benefits, perks and work life balance have been slipping last few years"
    in 42 reviews
  • "upper management doesn't involve itself in employee betterment"
    in 38 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Decent balance, no room to grow

ProsTelecommuting, work life balance, good opportunity to learn more about the field. Very intelligent team members.

ConsNo real opportunities to grow or earn more. No bonuses. No one gets promoted. Raises are paltry. High turnover. Very high stress at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove infrastructure so that employees can work towards a promotion or a substantial raise.

True multinational company

R & D Engineer II (Current Employee)
    Torrance, CA

ProsGood work life balance, great people, flexible working hours, almost clean run company

ConsToo many meetings, poor compensation & benefits, less engineering challenge

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote & encourage your employees, increase benefits

OK

ProsInteresting products and supportive management.

ConsNo training for employees even after four years on the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in training your employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

From excellent to below average for employees

Principal Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsBig company, has many interesting and challenging programs and projects. There are lots of excellent engineers to work with. During my 20+ years I truly loved and enjoyed the technical side of the work.

ConsFront line managers were clueless of what's going on technically. Managers wanted you to be thankful to have a job. Benefits was not bad but, could be much better. It was being shaved away bit by bit through the years. Way too many bean counters. Too many chiefs but not enough contributing worker bees. Up-side-down pyramid organization. Long term overtime without pay is expected. Someone actually worked 80+ hours a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementCutting employees benefits little by little and year after year will only encourage employees anxiety and curiosity of what other companies are offering.

Good Exposure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHigh tech organization; exposure to a variety of industries (manufacturing, aerospace the big two)

ConsLong standing hiring freeze can be good for internal growth, but bad for innovation and outside ideas. Company state of mind can be very outdated without that outside influence and change. Benefits are anything but.

Great Company. Just understand where you're going within the Company before you jump in.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOld-fashioned Americana value-based company. They value people more than most modern corporations; and Honeywell is a juggernaut of a corporation. It's great to be a part of.

ConsBureaucracy. However, most large companies have this. My particular department was small and remote from the company mainstream - as we were a small acquisition. It was like being living on a small remote Island off the coast of Alaska with a population of 20 people and telling foreigners you live in the USA. It's not a lie, but sure doesn't give an accurate picture to outsiders. Avoid this problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementC-Level Management - You're doing an amazing job. You're the gold-standard out there.

It was Ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsUnder management people were great! And a couple of my managers were awesome to work for.

ConsHigh senior management sucked. The environment they put you in was toxic and they need to manage better.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop managing!

Great Place to Work, But Share the Wealth Mr. Cote

Engineer III (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsGreat Place to Work.
    - Interesting work
    - Always improving
    - Great Confidence the company will be making money for a long time.
    - Very diverse work force with almost no prejudices among workers.
    - Love be able to work with fellow employees in Malaysia one day, Phoenix the next and the Czech Republic the next.
    - Fantastic bosses going up at least 3 levels.
    - Honeywell Operating System and other core business process are well thought out and make the whole company more effective.

Cons- NO Raises in 2013.
    - Average Raises less than 3% in 2014
    - CEO and top execs got HUGE Bonuses, Stock Options, Long Term Growth payouts in 2013 and even bigger increases in 2014.
    - Stock value was up around 40% in 2013.
    - Please share the wealth, it is not FAIR.
    - If you could not give us a raise in 2013, how about an extra $1000 in our HSA or 401k plans.
    - How about a $500 holiday bonus

- Merit Pay increase nine block system is a joke! What a waste of my manager's and my time. The whole system is insulting.
    - Please read what Walter Deming says about these employee evaluation systems.
    - A 1 is great, 2 is really good, but a 3 is bad and a four is really good and 5 is average. Who came up with this? And I hear NO ONE can be ranked a 1, but managers are forced to have people ranked below 5 by HR.

- HR is non-existence. Never have I heard from them. Any question you have is a vaguely answered by Hewitt, not a Honeywell employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the money! I am getting emails and calls two or three times a week for new jobs. I would love to stay with Honeywell, but getting less than a 3% raise once every two years is not cutting it.

It is a marathon not a sprint

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsHoneywell is a great company for long term growth, establishing oneself in the industry, building a reputation, putting roots down. WIth time and years, one can plan on leveraging the reputation and relationships that have been established and have a successful career.

ConsShort term upward mobility is tight. Benefits, perks and work life balance have been slipping last few years. Focus on yield and getting more productivity with fewer individuals is shifting work and life balance scales far toward the former.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on work life balance would make for loyal and happy employees.

Global company. Great training programs. Process oriented company

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsBecause of global presence, there are great opportunities for promotion. Great training programs. Process and procedures in place for just about everything company does.

ConsNot an employee oriented company. Health insurance program needs improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementMid level management spend too much time in meetings resulting in less time for employees interface.

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!

Honeywell Videos

Honeywell – Why Work for Us?

Honeywell's global customers, broad range of industries and innovative technologies combine to offer you dynamic career opportunities with tremendous growth potential in more than 100 countries worldwide. Your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Honeywell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Honeywell CEO David M. Cote. All 1,584 reviews posted anonymously by Honeywell employees.