Honeywell

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.2 1,614 reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote

David M. Cote

Pros
  • Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though)(in 122 reviews)

• Work environment is not very stressful and mostly you can choose your own projects(in 72 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits, perks and work life balance have been slipping last few years(in 44 reviews)

• upper management doesn't involve itself in employee betterment(in 40 reviews)

1,614 Employee Reviews

I'm still here but NO room for advancement..

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsBeen with the company from the Allied Signal days --which were the best. Have possibly too much to lose (retirement) if I leave now, otherwise I would be gone.

ConsIf you are a minority, you're not going anywhere I've realized. Good old boy system still alive and well here. The insurance is the WORST I've ever seen or heard of for manufacturing jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of sharing survey results from year to year and doing nothing -- make some changes where you see the problems are..

Good benefits, enforce policies, professional environment, and challenging yet reasonable tasks.

Controls Engineer (Former Employee) Lakewood, CO

ProsGood benefits, professional work environment, Travel overtime compensation less 1st 8 hours, gives employee room to improve. Tasks and challenging twists that are in line with employee's abilities, and flexible hours, and serious about safety and provides extensive safety training, implements software code standardization, employee written training manuals for internal use and open documentation.

ConsCompensation below average for controls engineering. Although chargeable salared employees are compensated for overtime during travel system startups, they are not compensated for the first 8 hours of overtime. Policies take time away from chargeable tasks. Not generous with bonuses and annual salary increases. Talks about employee individual goals yet ,rarely, supports/provides opportunity for employee to obtain goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport and provide opportunities for employees to achieve their individual growth goals for their career at the company. Pay your employees average and above average salaries for their position. Share your profits with employees at all levels. Provide an annual company party. Give all employees opportunity to attend training classes.

Meat Market

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe pay is better than average.

ConsYou'll spend most of your time fending off those who will stab you in the back to protect themselves.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Ride While it Lasted

Manager of Projects (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat exposure to markets, technologies, and people. Good compensation package.

ConsHighly matrixed support functions essential for a complicated global business can lead to situations where 100 people are needed to say "yes" to make something work but only one or two people can scuttle the entire project.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand who the cross-functional stakeholder are of large support projects and make sure their metrics align to key project success.

Accelerated learning in classic corporate culture

Field Engineer IV (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsDoor open to those willing and able to be flexible and dynamic.

ConsLarge infrastructure not so easy to adapt to market change.

Advice to Senior ManagementRun it like Larry Bossidy did .

You'll learn a lot, but cash out before the culture drains you

(Current Employee)

ProsYou will be surrounded by smart people who will teach you a lot

Compensation is good

ConsCulture is becoming more dissatisfying by the day. The CEO's attitude towards the employee base is dismissive at best and unfortunately that attitude is starting to filter down throughout the individual business units.

While cash compensation is good, health benefits are among the worst in industry.

You are treated like it is an honor to work here.

Oppressive environment will leave you constantly on edge and frustrated. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand that the share price rules above all, but it would be nice if you created an environment that made employees think that you care, even just a little bit.

A large site with a lot of problems

Production Scheduler (Current Employee) Urbana, OH

ProsA decent company to work for if you can get hired as Permanent/Full Time (benefits, paid time-off, etc).

ConsContract/Temps employees are treated like second class citizens. They are *required* to work 10 hour days (including Saturday) while the Full time/Perm. employees get by with 8 hours a day and no w/ends. The company has MAJOR quality, finanacial and upper management issues. So bad that Honeywell Corp has recently brought in a "Fixer" to attempt to improve procedures/processes, management roles/responsibilities, quality and delivery problems. I've been told by many people here that Urbana does not reflect the true culture of Honeywell, and not to judge the company as a whole based on the practices and performance of this site. LOTS of nepotism here, which is part of the problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart requiring your FT empl. to work as hard as your Contract empl. Hire the Contract empl. who do a good job for you instead of letting them go at the end of their contract....OR extending their contract to the max of 2 years only to let them go then rather than hire them one.

Worst work environment that I worked ever. Worst decision to join this company and best decision to leave the company..

Engineering (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsCutting edge technology. Big company and potentially opportunities are there for the taking if able to relocate to other sites. Lot of training on web if at all there is time outside work.

ConsNo professionalism, no respect or courtesy. Absolute disregard to personal and family time. Create a sense of insecurity in employees through the dreaded review system. It is a modern day slavery. Once the project is done, kick the employees out through reviews that are full of lies. Working at such companies shows how a dictatorship is in a democratic setup.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the small sites and what is happening there. They still bear your "Honeywell" name. There are ways to inspire employees to work voluntarily for long hours out of their own passion, not by brute force method by way of threat or insecurity.

True multinational company

R & D Engineer II (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsGood work life balance, great people, flexible working hours, almost clean run company

ConsToo many meetings, poor compensation & benefits, less engineering challenge

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote & encourage your employees, increase benefits

OK

ProsInteresting products and supportive management.

ConsNo training for employees even after four years on the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in training your employees.

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!