Honeywell Reviews

Reset
3.2
Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote
David M. Cote

Pros
  • I refuse to use the term "work-life balance" (in 155 reviews)

• Great opportunity to learn new technologies if you are in the right project (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a challenge (in 56 reviews)

• Sometimes upper management is disconnected from employees (in 47 reviews)

1. system engineer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Great aerospace company to work in

Cons

great place to work in.

2. Excellent company

Current Employee - Supply Chain & Operations Leader in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Supply Chain & Operations Leader in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell (More than a year)

Pros

Honeywell is a great company work for. It truly cares about its employees with the integration its Honeywell Operating System(HOS), where it not only focusing on driving results but also developing its people and culture with the OD group. If you don't believe it just take a look at its stock price vs. its competitors.

Cons

Some times it could be frustrating based on Annual goals set without the infrastructure of supporting them. Challenging goals are great as it enables sites & functions to come together and work with each other, but it also hurts they end of working against each other.

Advice to Management

Keep driving HOS and building talent - it is a long term investment with high paybacks!

3. Don't work for Honeywell

Current Employee - Human Resources Generlist in Peoria, AZ
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generlist in Peoria, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell (More than 8 years)

Pros

There used to be so many benefits but they are all gone now. No reason to stay.

Cons

Terrible benefits, terrible leadership, company doesn't care about employees. Things have changed so much over the last few years and I no longer believe in this company.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better and not like numbers

5. Sheet metal specialist

Former Employee - Sheet Metal Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sheet Metal Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Honeywell full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Great benefits. Great money. Safe work environment. Central location. School tuition. Nice equipment. Good people. Well organized.

Cons

Outsourced way too many jobs. Over 1000 jobs were sent to Mexico and the Czech Republic in a 3 year period.

6. Inventory Planning System Manager

Former Employee - Inventory Planning & Systems Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Inventory Planning & Systems Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do have a urge relation to the government Save environment for all considering the background check each employee has to go through

Cons

They are highly conservative in nature And still behind in diversity philosophy. Still a lot of work to do on the great place to work strategy

Advice to Management

Provide equal opportunity for all Develop and invest in making the company a great place to work for employee so that they can give it they full potential in a healthiest mindset.

7. CnC Operators

Former Contractor - CNC Trainee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Contractor - CNC Trainee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Honeywell as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

None, cannot think of one positive thing to say and I managed staffs for 27 years.

Cons

If you enjoy going to work and not being spoken to for the full shift,watching operators texting or listening to music, playing on the internet then this is the job for you. The atmosphere borders on HOSTILE!!!!

Advice to Management

QUIT HIRING TEMPS WITH THE PROMISE OF FULL TERM EMPLOYMENT, TREAT THEM AS ASSETS AND NOT DISPOSABLE GARBAGE.

8. Run away and don't look back!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some good people. Great engineers and maintenance people. I learned a lot about process analysis and problem solving.

Cons

Benefits are horrible now, cost cutting always comes at the employees expense. Upper management has ridiculous expectations. Management in my facility had the most turn over I've ever seen at any job. No work/life balance. I hated being micro-managed from some upper management that was 2000 miles away and understood the process only on paper and none of them have a clue as to what's really going on. I met some of the dumbest people with degrees that I wouldn't trust to make me a big mac correctly. Lazy employees get rewarded, hard working employees are expected to pick up their slack with no reward. Worst "raises" I've ever seen.

Advice to Management

Hold all employees accountable for their work! To HR, you keep confusing education with intelligence. Treat your employees with respect and listen to what they have to say, they know their job a lot better than you do. Up your pay scale and pay people what they're worth. Stop taking money out of employees pockets. And the biggest thing I can say, STOP TELLING THE EMPLOYEES THAT THEYHAVE TO KEEP THE STOCK HOLDERS HAPPY!!! THE EMPLOYEES ARE STOCK HOLDERS TOO!!! Stop burning out your people.

9. Enjoy working here

Current Employee - Arizona in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Arizona in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Highly skilled resources. Most everyone that I've met is happy to contribute / provide assistance. Management listens and has provided assistance on many occasions.

Cons

Not crazy about the benefit package. Would be better if they offered more than a HRA plan. Some areas still siloed.

The Hon Deal

Former Employee - ISC Commodity Team Lead in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - ISC Commodity Team Lead in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People ( Engineers) at the tactical level are some of the brightest and most unappreciated people in the company. Vast amount of Managers / Hourly are high quality people with integrity-

Cons

Leadership at the Director and junior VP is very suspect with moving metrics that can never be achieved. A promotion to Director level is usually based on vague perceptions ( e.g. are you liked, Alumni, Football fan buddies, golf buddies, kids go to same school etc)

Advice to Management

Promote people on their skills, abilities and talents - "lots of deadwood" in the mid level Director level position that should be "Outed "- their goal is self preservation at any costs -

There is a lot to do but there is flexibility in doing it

Current Employee - Engineer III in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Engineer III in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Flexible work schedule, working virtual is commonplace.work site has received upgrades recently to common areas and landscaping

Cons

Attrition is rarely or slowly replaced. Remaining workforce is heavily loaded. Significant coordination with global resources makes for long workdays

Advice to Management

Prioritize your teams work, everything can't be the same priority. Communication of Relative importance would help employees better decide priority as well.

Showing 268 of 2,466 reviews