Honeywell

Updated May 3, 2014

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote

David M. Cote

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It is a marathon not a sprint

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsHoneywell is a great company for long term growth, establishing oneself in the industry, building a reputation, putting roots down. WIth time and years, one can plan on leveraging the reputation and relationships that have been established and have a successful career.

ConsShort term upward mobility is tight. Benefits, perks and work life balance have been slipping last few years. Focus on yield and getting more productivity with fewer individuals is shifting work and life balance scales far toward the former.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on work life balance would make for loyal and happy employees.

Software Engineering

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsA good engineering company with a lot of opportunities to learn. Leadership cares that engineers have interesting work when they can help it. The people are all very nice and easy to work with.

ConsThere are not many extra perks to the job but occasionally there will be events to make up for it, i.e. no free coffee. The people are nice, but they generally stick to themselves, not much social interaction outside of work.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Sometimes technically challenging work, but personally degrading treatment by corporate policies.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsFairly stable job security since 2005, at least in Aerospace engineering. $7,500 toward education assistance annually.

ConsHoneywell policy shifts over the past ten years have continually eliminated the valuable benefits from working full time at a corporation. Medical coverage cost me $14,500 last year. 401K matching was reduced to 50%. Tea/coffee was eliminated because "it cost the company $60K per year". Can no longer use the mail room to mail personal packages domestically. Ridiculous scrutiny of purchases--I had to purchase my own $45 head set for teleconferences.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen assessing benefits/practices/methods/processes at all sites in order to standardize "one Honeywell", do not choose the lowest common denominator and make it the norm. Show employees you care about them by actually putting there interests first, not just giving lip service. The value of the corporation is not measured on Wall Street, much of it is intangible and cannot be measured by your cost cutting metrics.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots of overtime

Team Lead (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsYou can work a lot of Overtime, to makeup for how much you get paid an hour.

ConsNot enough skilled workers , work there anymore , and real hard to keep up with the revolving door of applicants, You train them and then they leave to go to Boeing

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to pay better to keep employees

Not an employee friendly culture.

Program Manager (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsGreat people with a lot of talent.

ConsEmployees work very hard but seldom recognized for their efforts. Work life balance does not exist in most areas. Too much emphasis on short term gains rather than long term solutions. Career advancement opportunities only exist in certain regions (Phoenix / New Jersey).

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your workers. Need to get away from short term metrics that will hurt in the long run. Need to work on employee benefits...no longer in line with similar companies. You're losing great talent.

Contract Design Engineer Point of view

Principal Design Engineer (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsGood group of people to work with. Lots of work to keep you busy.

ConsInternal bureaucracy to deal with. Slows things down on occasion.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Management I work with directly did a great job of working with me to ensure I knew what needed to get done. Keep doing what you're doing.

Good Company,

Design Eng (Current Employee)

ProsGreat 401K, Great Pension plan, Laid-back workplace

ConsNo bonus at all, No OT for exempt employees, Some managers (Certification) are not familiar with Aerospace process, No Merit increase

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, Stop squeezing them to do more with less, Directors never listen to employees

No pay increases for 2013!

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsIt's your standard engineering workplace.

ConsLast year Honeywell earned $36 billion, but they can't give a pay increase to anyone in Honeywell Aerospace. While the CEO just got a 20% raise to $16 million a year.

Moving below OK

Product Development (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsFour huge businesses - Automation Control, Transportation, Specialty Chemicals, and Aerospace.
    Good technology, particularly Aerospace products.

ConsAerospace is moving workforce and locations out of N. America, very clear direction & directives.
    Creation of numerous functions with multiple VPs in each function generating isolated processes have removed focus from customer to functional area. This continues to impact our customers, decision making, and morale. Fewer and fewer employees care any longer due to all the top down decisions, constantly reduced benefits, and higher process expectation without any additional people to support.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrength of any business is the employees. Most agile organizations have decisions made at the lowest level of the organization. Eliminate ineffective products (sell them) and build a product line organization with rewards to product lines that make their products better (more profit, more sales, higher customer satisfaction).

Business Manager

Manager (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsLarge company with professional HR, many opportunities for dedicated hard workers.

ConsCompany sent many good jobs to India. Frequent reduction in force scares. Always wondering if your job was next.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your local workforce, stop shipping jobs over seas.

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!

Honeywell Videos

Honeywell – Why Work for Us?

Honeywell's global customers, broad range of industries and innovative technologies combine to offer you dynamic career opportunities with tremendous growth potential in more than 100 countries worldwide. Your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Honeywell reviews and ratings in Redmond, WA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Honeywell CEO David M. Cote. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Honeywell employees.