Honeywell

3.2 1,581 reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote

David M. Cote

1,581 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though)"
    in 115 reviews
  • "Good compensation package and work environment, when US Govt market was good"
    in 68 reviews
Cons:
  • "Benefits, perks and work life balance have been slipping last few years"
    in 42 reviews
  • "upper management doesn't involve itself in employee betterment"
    in 38 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great overall experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAs an intern, I was greatly involved in several different projects and was given actual responsibilities instead of just fetching coffee.

ConsI worked in a foreign country where I did not speak the local language. My coworkers mostly spoke english, however not speaking the language made some meetings difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegardless of the con, keep hiring foreign interns. This was an incredible experience.

Contract worker at Honeywell

Electronic Technician I (Former Employee)
    Olathe, KS

ProsGreat on the job training and reference materials to work from. Great co-workers provide a relaxed and fun environment.

ConsAs a contract worker there is little opportunity to obtain a permanent position.

Great Boss = Great Job

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Richmond, VA

ProsGreat people to work for and with. A true team enviroment. Everyone really seems to care about you and you future goals. I would give them an A+

Consto many procedures and policies that no one follows. There is a considerable amount of travel involved but that is not always a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither enforce the policies and procedures or do away with them

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent place to develop as an HR Professional.

COE Manager (Current Employee)

ProsRobust HR structure, Great career opportunities, HR is driven by data, Strong emphasis on Compliance, Global exposure. You can grow either as an HRG and/or as a COE Specialist.
    The only constant is Honeywell is change, this has enabled me to become a proactive professional, pushed me to drive and influence change, and most importantly adapt quickly to different environments.

ConsToo much bureaucracy. Sometimes it is really frustrating to expedite offers for positions that are already approved.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you really want to implement a Right and Fast culture we need to get rid of bureaucracy.

Working for Honeywell as an Account Manager

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Wayne, NJ

ProsGood company, clear roles / responsibilities. Excellent working conditions, good benefit packages. Good people to work with.

ConsVery hard to move up, must change jobs to improve salary / benefits. Will pay for advanced training and then not use you in improved area. Middle management very guarded about job explanations, future developments. Company does not share much about current conditions, and will keep info related to job under wraps.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep people based on performance, not seniority. Create more job mobility, less silos.

Good work life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo micro managing and results focused

ConsVery little opportunity for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat management

Good Until Bought by Allied Signal

Staff Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
    Glendale, AZ

ProsIntellectually stimulating work. Leading-edge technology in the Aerospace field. Dynamic environment, especially in the government and defense sector. Diverse and very talented engineering workforce.

ConsVery much "old boy" network as far as advancement and promotions. Horrible management style of "rank and yank" inherited from CEO Dave Cote, a devotee and apprentice of GE's Jack Welch. Employees are ranked together with peers once a year during review cycle. Bottom 10% are marked for elimination - no exceptions. Stupid and incredibly moral destroying management style. Employees are forced to compete against each other just to keep their jobs, instead of focusing on innovation and new technology.

Every year, benefits are cut down from the previous year. Management Incentive Plan sounds good on paper, but in practice management finds ways to restrict the payouts by tying to unreachable goals the average employee has no control over.

Company seems to be more interested in moving jobs to cheaper off-shore locations rather than investing in their mainland U.S. employees. Stock price seems to be the focus of the company - period.

Advice to Senior ManagementDump the Jack Welch-style "rank and yank". You are losing good employees. Upper management says employees are Honeywell's best asset - just lip service.

Low morale, big corporate machine.

ProsGood training programs, intelligent team members.

ConsPoor health insurance, lack of stable leadership. Extremely bureaucratic so it takes forever to get projects through. Way too much "corporate mentality." Employees are not treated as valued and compensation is lower than average compared to other industries.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to employees and make them feel like their opinion has weight. Too many bad ideas get promoted when employees who have been in the business a long time tell management the ideas are a mistake!

Good Company

ProsGood backlog, experienced sales team

ConsNeed more qualified install and service technicians

Sourcing

Sourcing (Current Employee)

ProsSome flexibility and a good resume builder

ConsTo big and lack of accountability

Advice to Senior Managementorganize company to be more efficient

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!

Honeywell Videos

Honeywell – Why Work for Us?

Honeywell's global customers, broad range of industries and innovative technologies combine to offer you dynamic career opportunities with tremendous growth potential in more than 100 countries worldwide. Your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Honeywell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Honeywell CEO David M. Cote. All 1,581 reviews posted anonymously by Honeywell employees.