Honeywell

3.2 1,456 reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote

David M. Cote

1,456 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though)"
    in 103 reviews
  • "Good compensation package and work environment, when US Govt market was good"
    in 65 reviews
Cons:
  • "People are biased sometimes based on region, at times it will spoil your work life balance"
    in 41 reviews
  • "upper management doesn't involve itself in employee betterment"
    in 38 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good opportunities

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood opportunities to learn and take on major projects. Ability to grow quickly if you put in the work and network. Very competitive pay.

ConsBenifits are very average. Typical corporate red tape on a daily basis. Metric maintenence can be cumbersome.

I worked as a regional manager for their security division. Great pay, job flexibility, and travel. I would recommend

Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than 8 years

ProsJob flexibility is great...did not micro-manage.

ConsLay offs - usually right around Christmas.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you keep your employees as people...not as numbers

Sr. Global Quality Engineer

Senior Global Quality Engineer (Current Employee)
Melville, NY

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBrand name
Close commute
Benefits(Retirement and 401K)

ConsNot able to move up within the department/facility

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to provide for more upward mobility for employees and motivate them

Honeywell is a great place to work.

Engineering Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt's a Fortune 20 company that has made significant progress reinventing itself in the last 10 years. Process improvement is a fact-of-life.

ConsMany of the smaller groups within Honeywell are highly distributed, to the point of being fragmented. It is challenging to work in this type of structure. Career growth opportunities are bountiful only if you live in a city that has a major corporate office, or are willing to relocate.

Credit Analyst

I have been working at Honeywell full-time

ProsGreat company to work for, Busy environment and fast past work load.

ConsNot much personal growth and okay benefits.

K Intern

K Intern (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Honeywell as an intern for less than a year

ProsThey put a lot of time and effort into training interns. Additionally, the intention is to hire the intern on as a full time employee after the internship. This cannot be said for all companies and is appreciated.

ConsThere was insufficient structure for most interns throughout the summer. There was a lot of talent and skill that went un/underutilized.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider more structured internships.

Felt like Pluto, we weren't even a planet anymore!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSince I worked with nobody at my location it was easy to work from home. Very good, mature infrastructure for virtual work. The facility and area are very nice.

ConsIf you're not in Phoenix, you don't exist. Worked the same system for 7 years, re-doing each year as leadership and mood changed. The vast time zones made for some interesting work hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with something long enough for it to get used and improved.

Large Fortune 500 company with good benifits.

Aerospace Mechanic (Current Employee)
Kingman, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI worked in the aerospace sector and the work was consistent. Excellent matching 401K plan with full access.

ConsWorked in hot building in the desert. You were not a person, just a number. Micromanaged and forced to work overtime year round. No human resources and very little opportunity to move up in the company.

Advice to Senior Management15 years of loyalty should have meant something......

Lots of open opportunities all over the world... But look out for outsourcing.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than a year

ProsI was lucky enough to have one of the best supervisors around but other managers (both above my supervisor and within our plant) that were around were not nearly as good. It's a good company to grow in depending on the work that you do. Since they are global there can be opportunities to travel and work in a variety of locations. The vacation package is good and the availability of overtime really helped.

ConsMoney. You don't get paid enough to do your job so I had to rely on overtime to help make ends meet. The company can be cheap, not only with the pay but also with jobs as our plant was closed and outsourced to Mexico. The benefits are horrible and I decided to opt out of the medical plan because it costs too much.

Stable, slow-paced work; stagnating environment.

Software Engineer I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHoneywell Aerospace is a large company, so it offers plenty of room to grow. In addition, the job is fairly stable. The environment is not nearly as stressful as many of the other aerospace companies.

ConsHoneywell Aerospace does not have a very dynamic, innovative environment. It is a very typical, boring office environment. The workforce seems to be older and graying, and a lot of the work is being outsourced to India.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on improving the workplace, and attracting talent.

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!

Honeywell Videos

Honeywell – Why Work for Us?

Honeywell's global customers, broad range of industries and innovative technologies combine to offer you dynamic career opportunities with tremendous growth potential in more than 100 countries worldwide. Your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Honeywell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Honeywell CEO David M. Cote. All 1,456 reviews posted anonymously by Honeywell employees.