Honeywell

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.2 1,626 reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote

David M. Cote

Pros
  • Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though) (in 125 reviews)

• Work environment is not very stressful and mostly you can choose your own projects (in 73 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits, perks and work life balance have been slipping last few years (in 44 reviews)

• upper management doesn't involve itself in employee betterment (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights
1,626 Employee Reviews

Honeywell International

Process Machine Operations Specialist (Former Employee) Clover, SC

Pros- Excellent pay.
    - Opportunity for advancement.
    - Job(s) worked are relatively easy & stress free.
    - Easy to obtain certifications and training that will useful in the future.

ConsSometimes the hours can be long. Were times I was asked to work 12's five days in a row.

Finance director

Finance Manager (Former Employee) New Haven, CT

ProsGreat culture, training ground, offer lots of opportunity for career growth

ConsVery concerned with the bottom line at the expense of employees. very quick to cut employees for the good of the company.

Smart company

Market Research Analyst (Former Employee) Golden Valley, MN

ProsI had a great manager who cared about my professional development and measured my success based on clear goals. I was able to learn a lot about the company and interact with many different functions.

ConsA lot of employees are chronically unhappy and crabby! If you don't have a good manager it could be unbearable. It can be hard to find the right people to work with in such a large, matrixed organization.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fair company, values hard work and rewords accordingly. Recommended!

Engineer (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsChallenging work, good people. Recommended!

ConsLike all big companies, some things may have processes or polices that don't make the most sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to rewarding workers and valuing them.

Things have changed over the last 10 years but it is still a good place to work

ProsMany terrific people who work very hard at their jobs.
    A good place to be challenged on several levels.
    You are given the opportunity to grow as your experience level grows.

ConsSome business groups within the org. are too concerned about having a body that lives local to HQ and has an MBA versus actually hiring the right person for the position. Now those groups are at a point where product management and engineering have no experience/knowledge of our business and build products they want versus what the market requires.
    Too many processes, example - to roll out NPI generally takes 2 years (and that is using the Agile engineering process).
    Benefits continue to slip. Over the past 10 years we have gone from a company that took care of its employees to a culture of cut costs and increase margins so we can boost the stock price so our CEO and Co-Chairmen can make 200x the average employee salary. There is a balance point that needs to achieved.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Company

Engineer (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsTotal compensation is impressive for a large company.

ConsSilo'd business units don't allow for collaboration

Lead Test Engineer

Lead Test Engineer (Former Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsVery professional and Technical oriented company. Quality procedures are well established. Management treated employee without any partiality.

ConsNeed to be prepared for extended and weekend work hours.

Not The Same As AlliedSIgnal

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWhen it was AlliedSignal, training was second to none. They paid their employees for new ideas, work performed and provided a very productive work environment. AlliedSignal actually encouraged Six Sigma.

ConsThe culture changed after it became Honeywell

Excellent work environment

Assembler (Former Employee) Olathe, KS

Proscoworkers aside the organization and the systematic flow of all production was impressive.

ConsThe majority of their work force is contracted which tends to create some tension among employees and contract personnel.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead! Do not hide in the shadows and pretend that it will all just disappear

Quality

ProsThe company pays very competitively

ConsPressure to meet scheduled shipments

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!