Honeywell

3.2
1,821 Reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote
David M. Cote

Pros
  • Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though) (in 149 reviews)

• Great opportunity to learn new technologies if you are in the right project (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is tough in HR - many roles require hours well beyond a 40 hour work week (in 53 reviews)

• Upper management has self interests which over ride over all consideration for company (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Honeywell can careless about experienced long term employees

Current Employee - Electronic Technician II in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Electronic Technician II in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It is a safe clean place to work. The people have been through so much with Kyote's strange HOS ideas we all have that in common.

Cons

There is no such thing as a promotion at Honeywell, there are simply job postings that you must apply for. With this policy many many experienced employees must leave their department in order to get better paying positions thus causing a drain on talent and causing a strain on the departments. Because your whole raise for that year is only 0-3% your salary does not go up very fast. There are no cost of living raises, Honeywell has figured out how to make the cost of living stand still for the last 25 years. There are no Christmas bonuses and there are no suggestion awards, Honeywell calls them Kaizens and forces employees to give them 12 of your improvement ideas every year. employee reviews are a joke. It always comes down to whether or not your manager likes you and like I said it will only 0-3% while your heath care will go up about 15% every year consistently. Employees are asked to more more tasks every year, all technicians and assemblers now must sweep and mop the floor even though we have a house keeping. They contracted it out and our plant must pay them more to do their jobs so to save money we must do it.

Give Kyotes bonus to the hard working employees and put the plagiarizing, employee hating Kyote out to pasture. It will make it a better place to work.

Good experience

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flex hours, 9/80 schedule. Name recognition.

Cons

Health benefits sub-par and expensive. Not avenues to transfer from one division to the other.

Great experience working at Honeywell. Loved the people.

Current Employee - Contracts Administrator in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Contracts Administrator in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for... made lots of great friends, great benefits and pay.

Cons

Overworked at times and some employees are overloaded while others are not.

Think more about the people under you they are overworked

Good place to Work nice knowledgeable people

Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Torrance, CA

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good place to Work nice knowledgeable people
    Good benefits
    Solid company
    Good online university in training program

Cons

some old buildings in Torrance
    Old office furniture (Was supposed to be upgraded the following year)

Tons of overhead.

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

One of the biggest pros to the company is company match 401k and pension.

Cons

Just speaking on my personal experiences. I have to participate in an on call rotation every two week. I have an hour response time.

My advice to management would be to pay more attention to our customers and make more visits to establish a relationship with them.

Great Business Strategy, Great collegues, Good opportunities

Current Employee - Procurement in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Procurement in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Senior Leadership has a great pipeline of New Technology. Collegues are nice people.

Cons

While I did not earn a promotion or lateral transfer; I did far too little networking. My fifth manager gave everyone in our group perfectly average evaluations on every criteria. The other 4 managers were great. I challenged the average rating to no avail. Nine months later I got a reduction in force. Choose your battles, wisely!

When a manager gives everyone perfectly average ratings, it is a red-flag the manager may not be engaged.

Good training and friendly environment

Former Employee - Black Belt in Golden Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Black Belt in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

the best of the training and good understanding of customers and the Company itself. They are not control freak so you can give ideas and innovate. The changes sometimes are not very clear but the customer focus is clear.

Cons

Narrow possibility to a better position, a lot of people with seniority, so if you want to scale positions its kind of hard. The compensation is average to the market and the perks are below market. If you are in HR or IT the possibilities for a better position are even worst.

Rotational Program

Current Employee - Aerospace Rotational Development Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Aerospace Rotational Development Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will get to figure out what you want to do as a career by rotating through 3 different functional engineering roles, meet people your age in the program who have succeeded and moved up through the company to managerial roles, and live in a great city of young professionals excelling in life. It's a good salary (I've heard higher elsewhere in full time, non-rotational roles), but it comes with a great bonus that other companies do not offer, as well as an incredible relocation package. Typically known as the "fast-track" employees who move up quickly. Company events, food truck Friday, Dave & Busters events, Employee appreciation lunches.

Cons

Unsure of where you will end up at the end of your rotation. There is typically an age gap between you and the group in your department (15-20 year gap). Health Insurance just was raised 5-8%, they lowered their contribution, got rid of vision care, and charges $1000 if you test positive for nicotine.

Great Company to work for

Former Employee - Engineering Leader in Golden Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Engineering Leader in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits. Company is diverse and you can move around to get different experience without leaving the company.

Cons

work life is sometimes not balanced

This company allows you to excel in your position by giving a lot of training online and in a classroom setting

Current Employee - Senior Product Technology Specialist in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Product Technology Specialist in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are nice & excellent at their jobs, and they are willing to mentor you.

Cons

I would have to say that my #1 con was that I was not mentored or trained at all by my manager. I did get extensive training by my main mentor though.

It would be a very good idea to have the managers get more training on how to integrate a new employee in the way that the company works (all policies upfront).