www.honeywell.com

3.2
1,853 Reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote
David M. Cote

Pros
  • Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though) (in 155 reviews)

• Great opportunity to learn new technologies if you are in the right project (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is tough in HR - many roles require hours well beyond a 40 hour work week (in 56 reviews)

• Upper management has self interests which over ride over all consideration for company (in 47 reviews)

More Highlights

Honeywell can careless about experienced long term employees

Current Employee - Electronic Technician II in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Electronic Technician II in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It is a safe clean place to work. The people have been through so much with Kyote's strange HOS ideas we all have that in common.

Cons

There is no such thing as a promotion at Honeywell, there are simply job postings that you must apply for. With this policy many many experienced employees must leave their department in order to get better paying positions thus causing a drain on talent and causing a strain on the departments. Because your whole raise for that year is only 0-3% your salary does not go up very fast. There are no cost of living raises, Honeywell has figured out how to make the cost of living stand still for the last 25 years. There are no Christmas bonuses and there are no suggestion awards, Honeywell calls them Kaizens and forces employees to give them 12 of your improvement ideas every year. employee reviews are a joke. It always comes down to whether or not your manager likes you and like I said it will only 0-3% while your heath care will go up about 15% every year consistently. Employees are asked to more more tasks every year, all technicians and assemblers now must sweep and mop the floor even though we have a house keeping. They contracted it out and our plant must pay them more to do their jobs so to save money we must do it.

Give Kyotes bonus to the hard working employees and put the plagiarizing, employee hating Kyote out to pasture. It will make it a better place to work.

Great Company

I worked at Honeywell

Pros

I worked as an intern for Honeywell Aerospace and absolutely loved it! The people are great and very interested in seeing you succeed. Interns have a great chance for future employment, they love bringing them back either for another internship or full time! The company was great about holidays and celebrating employee involvement.

Cons

Honeywell Aerospace is a large company so it can occasionally feel like you know no one outside of the small group you work with.

Positive change oriented organization that has provided opportunity for those willing to reach out and grab it.

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

If you are a self-motivated ladder climber, you will find yourself moving up if you have the right talent. Leadership has changed a few times in ten years and I think it is at its best so far.

Cons

Health Insurance Benefits are not nearly good enough for a company this size. If you move from one position to another, compensation is not on par with the national average.

Great experience with seemingly unlimited opportunities!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A place where everyone's ideas are heard. A strong focus on continuous improvement at all levels of the organization. A place where you really own your own career.

Cons

Very long hiring process compared to similar companies. Potential for high subcontract workforce to offset long and slow hiring process.

Hire fast and hire smart. Great people are being lost to competitors that bring talent in to their organizations with velocity.

Director

I worked at Honeywell

Pros

processes in a six sigma environment

Cons

leadership is inconsistent and somewhat dysfunctional

Supervise Field Technicians servicing HVAC, BMS, EMS, Fire/Life Safety, and Security for large commercial applications.

Current Employee - Field Service Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Field Service Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Big Company Benefits- Good 401K, medical/dental options (including Tricare Supplement), other opportunities

Cons

Big Company Structure and Costs- Inflexibility and Overhead make doing business harder.

District management is responsive and works actively to overcome cons and is focused on quality service.

Great company with opportunity for personal growth

Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Friendly coworkers and management
    Many managers want their employees to succeed in their careers
    Diverse company with connections to many channels
    Strong sales organization
    Deep knowledge sharing process

Cons

Self insured health program (high premium)
    Bureaucratic
    Merit raises would be nice

Continue to look after your employees and their careers. When you help clear tape for them to progress, they work harder in the interim and will reflect positively on you as they move up.

Creative compensation would help produce more results and increase productivity.

Excellent Company

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Honeywell as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

- Autonomy
    - Out of town accommodation
    - Large Capital base

Cons

- Bureaucracy can be a bit much

Current Employee - Engineer II Mechanical in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Engineer II Mechanical in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Work Life Balance, ability to learn outside of work, engagement with community such as Christmas in October, First robotics, and Harvestors

Cons

The health insurance and benefits package is not very competive. In some case it is actually cheaper to get insurance on your own.

I like it

Former Employee - Machine Operator in New Haven, CT
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in New Haven, CT

I worked at Honeywell full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company gives you the opportunity to grow. They train you in different positions.

Cons

There are no cons for me.

Keep the great work.