Honeywell Reviews

Reset
3.2
Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote
David M. Cote

Pros
  • I refuse to use the term "work-life balance" (in 155 reviews)

• Great opportunity to learn new technologies if you are in the right project (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a challenge (in 56 reviews)

• Sometimes upper management is disconnected from employees (in 47 reviews)

2,221 Employee Reviews

1. You'd be lucky to work for honeywell

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toms River, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toms River, NJ

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

I am a mother with a small child, if i need to go they make it work. We joke when can and we are serious and business like when we are supose to and have to. we are a very good dependable group, and management lets us know beside just a pat on the back. health insurance is awsome. you can choose between a few different ones.

Cons

dealing with the different companies and remembering they don't always run as smoothly as honeywell. perscription, dental and eyeglass coverage sucks a little.

Advice to Management

Don't forget the little people, you need us to get the job done. 95% of the time we know just how important we are.

2. Honeywell: A Talent Focused and High Potential Company

Current Employee - Director in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Company is very focused on develop of personnel. It's systems and methodology for performance evaluation are excellent, allowing for easy visibility of talented individuals to the highest levels management. Additionally, this is an intelligently diversified company that allows it to ride out bumps in the economy while growing through acquisitions in high potential industries.

Cons

As a large publically owned corporation, it is susceptible to miscommunication and unnecessary duplication of effort between divisions. Additionally, some of its intra-divisional concepts on "healthy channel conflict" cause pain on a business unit level and results in wasted efforts and loss of focus on a total company perspective.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Continue to work at driving talent even down to the middle and lower levels of management. In some cases, don't promote talent too quickly into higher responsibility positions - let them stay in place long enough to make lasting changes to the business, and build a solid succession plan that will reinforce a high performance culture.

3. Great place to work, but you have have to learn to be proactive, it is easy to be lost in such a large company

Current Employee - Senior Technical Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Manager

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

products are exciting. people are smart, talented & challenging work environment. Great benefits!

Cons

lots of change. Leaders rotate too often. Hard to sustain long term change with rotating leadership

Advice to Management

Hold leaders accountable for long term change. Rotating leadership causes rework and lack of progress underneath them in organization.

5. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Tremendous opportunities for learning and growth. Good work environment in which people are respected and paid fairly. Very supportive of family obligations and desire for self improvement. Good pay and benefits package, very professional work environment.

Cons

Moving lots of work overseas, company not as aggressive as it could be in managing poor managers out of the system. Still lots of opportunity though.

Advice to Management

We are the best at what we do, lets start holding managers to the highest standards and dismissing them when they do not perform. Honeywell is second to none and we are all proud to be a part of it.

6. Amazing interaction guidelines/requirements!

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Great place to work due high level of communication and career counseling but number one is the required respect for others in all interactions. Wife works for a company where yelling and name calling is tolerated. That kind of behavior could get you verbal and then written warnings within Honeywell and, if not corrected, lead to loss of your job!

Cons

1. Compensation can be higher in other companies for same job. 2. Sometimes frustrating when management won't do the right thing to solve a problem because it's not part of the current strategy. Mostly, the right thing IS done though.

Advice to Management

Focus on the needs of the customer. In IT, this means internal more than external. Customer service is provided lip service - and the aerospace infrastructure team and focals live it and are truly amazing - but other support groups still have room to grow/excel. Also, don't put all your eggs in one basket when implementing new software! Use a couple of vendors to see who has the better software and support.

7. Honeywell

Current Employee - Program Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Great benefits and good leadership. While it can matter alot which department you are in, management has been very understanding and honest with the recent downturn and that is very appreciated.

Cons

The industry is cyclical and the downturns can be tough. It is a slower moving company since their products have 20+ year life cycles.

Advice to Management

Keep up the honesty and don't forget about the employees when the economy recovers. Everyone understands making sacrifices in tough times but good times need to be rewarded too!

8. Great Place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Pricing Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Pricing Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Diversified company with breadth and depth of product lines Working with many intelligent people Performance based and Knowledge sharing culture

Cons

Long hours due to high expectation to get things done Pay and benefits cut in 2009 Somewhat political and competitive workforce

Advice to Management

Recognize and Reward your band 3 (non-leader/managerial) employees more frequently. It does not have to be monetary, but will definitely boost morale in this tough and unrewarding times.

9. Honeywell is better than typical large company

Former Employee - Senior Firmware Engineer in Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Firmware Engineer in Folsom, CA

I worked at Honeywell

Pros

Manageable workloads with variety of tasks and learning opportunities. Better scheduling than typical high tech environment. Generally enough resources to support projects, and time to do a good job. Good pay, excellent benefits, flexible leave and work hours.

Cons

Like other larger companies, cumbersome bureaucracy and rigid policies can interfere with completing tasks or obtaining resources. Heavyweight processes like Six Sigma can be overkill or inappropriate for small projects that don't need such elaborate testing or measurement. Lack of coordination between departments may delay projects.

Advice to Management

Use of project advocates to push progress amongst diverse departments. Rigid procurement systems may cost more than local purchasing while taking far more time.

10. Honeywell provides challenges and growth opportunity.

Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

The opportunity to learn and grow.

Cons

There is extreme pressure to do more with less and although a good ideal, it has gone too far.

11. Great Place to work!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Honeywell

Pros

Great products and people. New product development is key!

Cons

Sallaries could be higher. Promote quicker and keep Junior Engineers well compensated

Advice to Management

Keep competitive especially for younger employees

Showing 2,221 of 2,339 reviews