Honeywell Reviews

3.2
1,766 Reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote
David M. Cote

Pros
  • Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though) (in 147 reviews)

• Work environment is not very stressful and mostly you can choose your own projects (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • Very poor work / life balance, 70 hour weeks the norm lately (in 50 reviews)

• Upper management has self interests which over ride over all consideration for company (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Horrible Place to Work

I worked at Honeywell

Pros

Brand Name, some good people, good salary

Cons

No work and managers are bossy.. Horrible work culture and people policies

Change management and bring some good managers who care abut employees

Wolf in sheep's clothing

Former Employee - Group Leader in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Group Leader in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Upper management positions are very lucrative. Acquisitions keep the company growing. Shareholders have seen good returns. Not much else matters.

Cons

Honeywell was acquired by Allied Signal in 1999, mostly for the avionics business. The Honeywell name was taken because Allied Signal's wasn't as good. Yet the corporate philosophy remains the same. Cronyism is rampant. Putting corporate micro-managing in control, the HOS (Honeywell Operating System) only serves to reward management. The lowest tiers of workers are paying for the companies acquisitions through lower wages with less, or more costly benefits. Management is very anti-union. The unions leaders are useless, self-serving puppets. Most workers are rewarded by making others look bad. Fear is used instead of reward to get the work done. Quality is down. Rework and scrap have increased exponentially. The engineers are incompetent. The numbers are either distorted or ignored to make the HOS management system look good. Nothing but management matters.

Drop the Honeywell name. You wish you were as good as that. Reward your lower tier workers with opportunities to better themselves.

Transition

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Quiet, Remodeled, great Office manager
    Coworkers seem nice

Cons

Zero communication, poor moral, no direct answers

Start managing

Don't expect raises when you work for Honeywell because it will be used to pay for your health care premiums.

Current Employee - Electronic Technician II in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Electronic Technician II in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Safe place to work but is has nothing to do with the welfare of the employee and everything with saving money.
    Co-workers make it a great place to work.

Cons

We technically have not had a raise in several years because when we do get a raise it is a mere 1-2.5% which sounds okay until you take into the fact Honeywell charges that much and more when it increases our premiums for our health care, Honeywell claims it is self-insured but yet is one of the worst for benefits. Local call center have better. We had a co-worker pass way recently because he was tired of giving up his pay-check to pay for his prescriptions.

Your cheapness in healthcare is a liability for your employees along with your disdain for experienced employees and their accrued vacation makes you an embarrassment to the rest of the fortune 500 companies. Ditch cote. If GE tries a hostile take over again we will agree to it.

Chaotic, unstructured and poorly managed. Never sure where you stand as an individual.

I worked at Honeywell

Pros

Large company with a wide variety of products. Employees on the shop floor are very kind and knowledgeable.

Cons

Office culture is petty and unprofessional. As with many large industries, egos are big and regardless of superior performance it is difficult to gain traction and determine where you stand. The company hires contractors, trains them, uses them and then dismisses them without cause or reason and without warning, regardless if they are still under contract. Overall, it is not the best company to get involved with.

The worst place I have ever worked.

Current Employee - Program Manager in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fortune 500 company. There is good diversity in the products that Honeywell provides. Honeywell has the potential to be a great company.

Cons

It is a very toxic environment. People curse each other out. There are no opportunities for advancement. No standard process in place. Very frustrating work environment. The company doesn't take care of their employees.

Stop watering down the healthcare coverage when you're making over $40B/year! Work of improving the culture of the company. Work on creating standard processes and clear roles and responsibilities. Take care of your employees and they will take care of you.

Former Employee

Former Employee - Project Manager in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Olathe, KS

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pros for working in this company are depleting every year. Sad to say that this is not the Honeywell I used to love to work for.

Cons

Systematically takes benefits away from employees in an effort to improve profit margins. This is especially true when organic sale prognosis is flat. Took 401K 100% away and refuses to bring it back stating terrible market conditions. Honeywell is self-insured and as such hides from State Laws. One example of this is refusal to help children of employees that have been diagnosed for Autism Spectrum Disorder. There are many other examples. Honeywell is quick to promote their volunteering efforts, for children affected by Autism, but it fails to mention that it will not help employees who have children diagnosed with this disorder.

CEO is basically a clown recognized by Wall Street for cutting cost on employees backs so that his Wall Street buddies are happy. This guy is so out of date that he is still using 9 box model, for employee evaluation, which was invented by his mentor Jack Walsh (another proven clown). There is much more, I could write a book about ridiculous bureaucracy present in this company. Take my advice and look for somebody else to work for, after all your job will soon be exported to India, China and other emerging markets because that’s where Honeywell customers are, Yeah right.

None, you have no control over concerns I have expressed. CEO and Corporate Leadership is a lost cause.

Terrible benefits and compensation. Poor management.

Current Employee - Shop Worker in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Shop Worker in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back work environment.

Cons

Poor pay. Do not care about their employees. They will spend millions of dollars on random equiptment that doesn't work but they don't have enough money to get the average employee a raise. Very shady people in the shop who you have to look out for

Take better care of the people who make all of your money for you.

AWFUL PLACE TO WORK!

Former Employee - Production Scheduler in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Production Scheduler in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Money. Good benefits. Stable Job.

Cons

The People and the culture. lots of older professions who dont care.

Stop talking about how much you dont want to be at work!

Honeywell Tempe

Current Employee - Principal Cost Account in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Principal Cost Account in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I have no pros on this Company

Cons

The managers try to manage other departments they have nothing to do with.

do your job