Honeywell

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.2 1,617 reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote

David M. Cote

Pros
  • Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though)(in 122 reviews)

• Work environment is not very stressful and mostly you can choose your own projects(in 72 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits, perks and work life balance have been slipping last few years(in 44 reviews)

• upper management doesn't involve itself in employee betterment(in 40 reviews)

1,617 Employee Reviews

You're just a number, nothing more.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood holiday, vacation days and personal day times. Great learning department allows you to take advantage of free continuing education opportunities.

ConsYou're just a number. Most people there are just trying to climb the corporate ladder and change positions often. Hiring freeze prevents new employee hiring even when it is desperately needed. They are great at buying a small company and literally tearing it apart, first with overwhelming red tape and procedures then literally shutting it down and keeping the technology.

It was good as an Intern.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Training and the laboratory setup is good. Seniors Engineers helped a lot.

ConsNot much interaction with the Managers.

Nice place for a short time

HRP (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsVariety of experiences
    Strong process knowledge

ConsWay to functionalized and centralised
    Little or no decision making near the customer
    Top heavy
    Limited training and development focus

Advice to Senior ManagementPut effort and money towards development of people
    Watch costs at the centre
    Don't focus on only chasing cost

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Technical lead

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company to work for lots of training and courses , great benefits

ConsLong hours , lots of travel , time off polices

Smart company

Market Research Analyst (Former Employee) Golden Valley, MN

ProsI had a great manager who cared about my professional development and measured my success based on clear goals. I was able to learn a lot about the company and interact with many different functions.

ConsA lot of employees are chronically unhappy and crabby! If you don't have a good manager it could be unbearable. It can be hard to find the right people to work with in such a large, matrixed organization.

Finance director

Finance Manager (Former Employee) New Haven, CT

ProsGreat culture, training ground, offer lots of opportunity for career growth

ConsVery concerned with the bottom line at the expense of employees. very quick to cut employees for the good of the company.

worst ever company

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosgood for people who want to retire here. not for people who want to grow in career

Cons- single digit or no hike
    - anti harassment policies, safety policies are name sake
    - internal employees are ill treated
    - no designation change for years
    - lot of unwanted work than actual work like kaizens, HSE, HOS etc
    - lot of internal politics based on caste / race
    - no good awards/ rewards
    - no bonus, compensation off, OT paid

Advice to Senior Management- favoring people who put butter is leading to organizations fall losing skilled and talented employees and retaining people who play blame games.
    - policies should be actually brought into picture. it shouldn't be words sake
    - note that pay is not decent enough. its worse than a govt company.

Professional workers, but non-professional managers

Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsI found the work in Albuquerque NM interesting and challenging. Developing Embedded applications for avionics.

ConsThe managers, in the team I was in, did not seem to want to manage people. They would avoid any chance to work directly with people. Of the 3 managers I had contact with only one truly wanted to manager people

Advice to Senior ManagementSelect managers based on their desire to manage people. Skilled workers who only want to manager jobs should not be assigned to manage people.

Not The Same As AlliedSIgnal

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWhen it was AlliedSignal, training was second to none. They paid their employees for new ideas, work performed and provided a very productive work environment. AlliedSignal actually encouraged Six Sigma.

ConsThe culture changed after it became Honeywell

Growth stopped at all levels

Tech Lead (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsWork will be good using good technologies if you get in to good team when you joined,. Work from home is there once in a while.

ConsIf you get int to aerospace domain then you will not be working on programming side and you will stuck in V&V using internal tools. ACS domain is good with good technologies. Very less hikes. More process less actual development work.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on Project management and advance technology advantage. Too much focus on lean process will end up in loosing the advantage on innovation and technology side.

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!