Honeywell Reviews

3.2
1,690 Reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote
David M. Cote

Pros
  • Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though) (in 125 reviews)

• Work environment is not very stressful and mostly you can choose your own projects (in 73 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits, perks and work life balance have been slipping last few years (in 44 reviews)

• upper management doesn't involve itself in employee betterment (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights

Quality

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

The company pays very competitively

Cons

Pressure to meet scheduled shipments

Honeywell TSI OK, but a little sad

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Greenbelt, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Greenbelt, MD

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

HTSI is a small part of the huge Honeywell International company. Honeywell International is a well-run company with good stock and good benefits and all the bells and whistles. HTSI used to be called Bendix Field Engineering which was absorbed by Allied-Signal who later bought Honeywell (and took the Honeywell name for themselves). Really good people and relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

HTSI seems to have lost a lot of its spirit as the distance from Bendix days has widened. It used to be a company that had a purpose -- supporting NASA ground tracking stations, but that business mostly died and HTSI didn't seem to have the talent to move from engineering services into real engineering; the place was full of managers and "procedure experts". Then another company won/stole the NASA ground station contract and knocked the wind out. I don't think of it as an engineering (software or hardware) firm; it is just very good at technology management -- at least the part of HTSI that I knew. They have government top secret work and, God knows, maybe the engineering is good there.

Times have changed and ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Purge the company of the old and if you have to succeed by moving away from engineering and into management, then do it! I think you will do very well because Honeywell International has great business practices to base everything on.

Overall good but little security in HVAC world.

I worked at Honeywell

Pros

Company car, tools, pc and phone are company issued. Good people to work with.

Cons

Customers can be difficult especially when the business is open.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

All about money, people are expendable, ethics are questionable

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It can be a learning experience.

Cons

Trust me, these people will do anything to show a profit.

Fire the CEO and executive management.

Poor management

Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager  in  Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Melville, NY

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work-life balance is the only pro about the company.

Cons

The security division is in bad shape in terms of resources, moral, and leadership. You may have big ego maniacs elsewhere but it will be hard to top the ones that hold leadership positions in Honeywell security.

Stop bullying your employees. It's a shame how leadership treats staff. Start treating people how they should be treated and stop allowing egos to get in the way of progress.

Worked 3 times through a temp agencey

Former Employee - Purchasing Assistant  in  Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Purchasing Assistant in Torrance, CA

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wish I could get back in and get permanent

Cons

Nice team player atmosphere and good Managment

Great overall experience.

I worked at Honeywell as an intern

Pros

As an intern, I was greatly involved in several different projects and was given actual responsibilities instead of just fetching coffee.

Cons

I worked in a foreign country where I did not speak the local language. My coworkers mostly spoke english, however not speaking the language made some meetings difficult.

Regardless of the con, keep hiring foreign interns. This was an incredible experience.

Honeywell Analytics, Lincolnshire IL ....Ethically Challenged

Former Employee - Operations Manager  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong technical talent but way under utilized. Too many dinosaurs with outdated ideas that impede growth and creative thinking.
    Very few people up to Sr Levels work more than 40 hours-a big plus for work life balance

Cons

The president of Analytics runs this unit like its his own private company and club-membership is very difficult to get into, but once you get a glimpse, you want run when you see the nonsense that goes on between HR/Finance/Marketing. Group prayers (this is a public company) is a very common practice and inappropriate. If you aren't an "FOC", you will never go anywhere. Bad behavior on behalf of middle management is ignored and tolerated. The weirdest, most ethically challenged and most stressful company to work for.

Get rid of the dinosaurs and open your eyes to what is going on. Many people have a lot to contribute, but those ideas are pushed away or completely ignored

They don't care about their employees at all.

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There is a nice gym on-site.

Cons

They don't give raises or promotions.
    They keep taking away benefits.
    They make people work hard with no reward.

It's a big corporation which brings with it both pro's and cons.

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Large, stable company with lots of opportunities.

Cons

Large corporation with competing metrics, at times the logical/right thing to do it thrown out the window because some Exec wants a bonus.

There is a lot of good talent working hard for you, they might not be your favorite friends so lift your head up and recognize the hardworking folks that make you look good

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!