Honeywell Reviews

2077 reviews filtered by

Middle Management perspective at Honeywell

Current Employee - Program Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great products and dedicated, highly knowledgeable and productive employees.

Cons

Only pockets of leadership excellence, under-resourced from a staffing perspective, no work-life balance. People really do not matter.

Advice to Management

Properly invest in enough staff and capacity in all functions to meet customer expectations and grow the business. Severely constrained business. Doing OK on wall street now. Imagine if the reigns were relaxed. Too hard over on Theory X management approach.

2. Amazing Company!

Former Employee - Senior Site IT Leader in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Site IT Leader in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Honeywell

Pros

Benefits, Culture, Leadership, Career Advancement.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this company! Loved it there and wish I could be affiliated with Honeywell again one day!

Advice to Management

I worked for the Chandler, AZ office for a short time in 2014 as a SR Site IT Leader and wish I had never left! I had an accident and had to leave but if I could I would come back in a heart beat. I now live in Tucson, AZ and would love to work for the Honeywell in the Tucson, AZ area. Great company!!! Management keep doing the great job you are doing!!!

Redmond ISC If you like disorganization, wandering focus and unprofessionalism this is the place.

Former Employee - ISC Operations in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - ISC Operations in Redmond, WA

I worked at Honeywell

Pros

Interesting work, opportunity to learn manufacturing of small parts, nice location and good lunchroom

Cons

Management bias is very strong. If you're not ex military then this may not be the place for you. Always some reference to how this is how it's done in the military and disagreeing with corporate philosophy. If you disagree with something or someone they will immediately reference some story from when they were in the military. Lack of professionalism is rampant as there is no room for differing opinions.

Advice to Management

More diverse workgroup will provide better work environment for all. Employees are not enjoying being managed like they're soldiers. Provide professionalism in the workplace training for transitioning military so they understand the differences in workplace culture.

5. not worth your time

Current Employee - Research Scientist
    Current Employee - Research Scientist

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Good location, relaxed deadlines, and free coffee. Fantastic place to work if you are about to retire. Since youtube and slideshare are blocked, its easy to be perceived as a genius by presenting the new tech you watched over the weekend.

Cons

Once you are inside Honeywell it is extremely difficult to keep your skills sharp and current. Stay here too long and you won't be employable and you'll have to work here till retirement. Most of the recent success stories were outsourced projects, obviously because Honeywell is letting their own employees become stale.

Advice to Management

Quit worrying about what your competitors are doing and just make good products. Also, learn from Blackberry and Blockbuster.

Good people, great manager

I worked at Honeywell

Pros

Pay was excellent, good benefits (healthcare starting diminishing but to be expected with ACA), flexibility on telecommute.

Cons

Could definitely be stressful and hectic at times, high tempo.

Advice to Management

Keep up with hiring as you are doing, going to be tough to replace aging workforce.

7. It was OK.

I worked at Honeywell

Pros

Good products and good engineering

Cons

I had a poor manager

8. As long as you find a good group that is lead by a manager that takes care of you, this is can be a good company.

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only been with one team my 2 years here, and enjoy the work and team I am with.

Cons

While my 2 years here, I've gone through a management change where I've never had a manager longer than 6 months.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people. Let them know that you appreciate the hard work they are doing.

9. Systems Engineer

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time

Pros

Well at least it's a job.

Cons

There are too many to list.

Advice to Management

Replace management from top to bottom. Organization needs fresh new people and work approach.

Typical large corporation environment.

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Typical large corporation environment. Some groups have the ability to work from home which is a nice benifit when you have children to care for.

Cons

Lay offs. The company is driven to reduce cost and that means being in constant fear of being laid off. Big push to eliminate US positions and send them over seas. Insurance is high deductible plan where nothing is covered until you reach $4000.00 out of pocket.

Advice to Management

Quit sending all the jobs over seas. Show the same type of loyalty to your employees as you expect to recieve from them.

11. Good company but benefits and career progression limited

Former Employee - IT Security Analyst in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - IT Security Analyst in Charleston, SC

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros of the job include: People, Travel, Engaging work and developing industry with IT Security

Cons

The cons of the job are: Low amount of PTO, Limited career progression,Small office with limited interaction with Honeywell Corporate.

Advice to Management

Development of the cyber-security services should be a different business line away from aerospace. Without moving it into a different business line the priorities don't always align to support the services.