Honeywell

www.honeywell.com
Employer Engaged

one of the best companies I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Mechanic/Instructor in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Mechanic/Instructor in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Honeywell

Pros

Good sound leadership
    Fantastic Benefits
    Excellent Team Player people

Cons

Can't think of anything it was a wonderful company to work for

Keep doing what your doing

warehouse

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

respect peoples have for you at the job no how to talk to you

Cons

work hard team work the best place to work

good job

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

training, six sigma, honeywell operating system

Cons

benefits, corporate red tape, slow progress due to size

Technical

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very Large
    Very Global
    Very top Down
    Benefits OK
    Compensation - Great

Cons

Nothing runs well and no one lies they just don't tell you anything. Their is a large sense of being just a cog in a very big disorganized mess. Lots of mangers but no leaders. Just a get by and kiss the right people kind of company.
    A total top down manager style disconnected with any operation concerns.

You are going to still need to treat WORKER as HUMANS. Not just revenue requirements.

clueless management with great people, promotes people who talk the talk, but have no idea how to walk the walk

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Trying hard, but no real idea where they are going

Cons

no benefits, not care for morale or people
    Company makes tons of money, but gives 2% raises and 1/2 the merit. messages to employee's is really confusing.

Look farther than tomorrow, what is the long term plan, and how can it be profitable, if everything we do has no margin. Stop changing the goal, and let us just do something for once, all the way to the end.

Honeywell Aerospace former employee

Former Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Specialist in Moorestown, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Specialist in Moorestown, NJ

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Honeywell Aerospace is very concerned with employee safety, which they consider top priority. Pay, vacation and compensation time were very good, however I was "grandfathered" in when our site was purchased by Honeywell in 2011, so I am uncertain as to the introduction level for pay and benefits.

The organization places emphasis on site accountability and continual communication among all skills levels with continual improvement expected within departments.

Cons

Although there were many good contacts within upper management, I also experienced several upper management individuals who seemed reluctant to make decisions which should have been within there area of responsibility. The threat of losing one's position at higher levels seemed to influence many senior managers to "pass the buck" which wasted time and irritated customers waiting for answers. There also seems to be a general attitude that Honeywell Aerospace treats customers according to the amount of the contracts. Even at our site, the experienced Honeywell managers often made decisions based upon how much money the customer was worth.

The experienced employees at the site were also not thrilled when told, in January 2014, that the site would close and OEM would be transitioned to a site in Mexico. The corporate avarice for the highest possible public stock value has closed other sites Stateside over the last few years, so we were not surprised but very disappointed.

The Aerospace leadership should look closely at, not only the performance of the managers, but also the feedback from subordinates. Some managerial positions such as Quality Assurance managers and Site managers are not provided with the resources to be present at the innumerable, lengthy conference calls and perform there jobs at a "hands on" level. Honeywell has a "cookie cutter" operating system which is good for larger sites, but crippling to smaller sites which are already have employees with too many tasks and are expected to take on more meetings and responsibilities.

I enjoy my experience at Honeywell

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

I've been working at the SGS office for 10 months in the Bay Area. I really enjoy my job.
    Diverse work culture
    Tools are created to assist with daily tasks
    Technology is mostly up to date
    Smaller office allowing us to work closely together

Cons

Most of the work is done in SalesForce
    Was hired as a contractor

Management presence is beneficial to the employees

Epitome of corporate culture

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Melville, NY

I worked at Honeywell (more than 5 years)

Pros

Well defined process and expectations

Cons

Slow to change, slow to advance careers

More "skip-level" meetings to engage employees.

Honeywell is nothing more than managed chaos

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Honeywell makes a lot of money, hence it is known as “Moneywell” in most circles, but it offers nothing of substance. Recently the president D&S said he wanted more “STICKY” sales, meaning stick it to the customers buy selling them something they have to keep coming back to us to keep working. Margins are the only important factor to Honeywell leadership, at all costs, thus we get paid a lot, but at what cost to our integrity.

Cons

They emphasize profits way too much, they are greedy and try to make too much product and thus they don’t have any core competencies, they don’t know what they want to be when they grow up. They specialize in nothing and sell everything, but the product is late, poor quality and ultimately too highly priced. The op income for Honeywell is over 24%, so for anyone who is a taxpayer, you can understand why aircraft cost so much and your tax dollars are going through the roof. They outsource everything, if it wasn't for security concerns on some programs, Honeywell leadership would send all of its jobs overseas.

Practice what you preach. Show integrity, don't tell your people to increase sales and ask for insane margins while telling the world that the government needs to get their budget in line. Help you people to execute the programs they have, not tell them to go sell more and forget about executing. Customers do not want to come back to Honeywell when they see we cannot execute on what we have. New business shys aways from us becasue we can't execute. You cannot execute operations in the US from overseas, and that is what you do when you outsource all your work…

Understaffed organization

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Average wag and salary scale

Cons

High-up front deductible health plans. Mammograms, yearly checkups, and prescriptions are not even covered!
    12-16 hour workdays for most staff with few weekends off.
    Hierarchical Organizational Structure that discourages open communication and band 2 or 3 involvement in the decision-making process.
    Severely understaffed in all areas causing multiple failures when staff vacation or are sick.
    Punishment based rather than incentive based.

Hire staff based on customer need rather than obscure metrics gathered at the director level and above aimed to improve profit.
    Company morale is extremely low. High rate of employees seeing counselors, therapists, and on anti-depressants.