Honeywell Reviews

Updated March 27, 2015
2021 reviews filtered by

1. Honeywell is the best place I've worked. I plan on making Honeywell mt career. 2 weeks vacation from the start.

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Two weeks vacation right off the bat, good pay, work on your own (no one looking over your shoulder), interact directly with customers, technical training provided, technical assistance provided, 401k, flexible about taking care of personal issues, provide vehicle/gas to got to and from work, cash awards/recognition for performance, talented personnel.

Cons

Some places are remote and if you run into unexpected problems, you may have to make a second trip because of parts on hand.

More repair/replacement parts on hand.

Ok, but not terrible

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

comparative benefits
    willing to spend money on technology and looking to the future

Cons

Don't really care much about keeping people around.
    lots of people don't understand the "big company" mentality, which ends up being a negative environment

Processed focused company with good financial performance. Very high paced

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Honeywell (more than 8 years)

Pros

Financial Performance is world class. They do allow a fair amount of empowerment to their employees.

Cons

Demanding work environment due to key areas that lack resources and adequate process. This is not recognized by Senior Management but very obvious to customers. 60-70 hrs a week continuously is common. Health insurance is also extremely high compared to the industry.

Listen to your customers

Was good up until the day they riffed me

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Solid CEO who has grown the Company well. The rest of Senior Leadership is questionable at best.

Cons

Way to many reorganizations in all sectors of the company.

Stop reorganizing every two to three years. I have been through several iterations and it always comes back to a former structure eventually. Good people lose their careers in these reorgs.

Honeywell Aerospace former employee

Former Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Specialist in Moorestown, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Specialist in Moorestown, NJ

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Honeywell Aerospace is very concerned with employee safety, which they consider top priority. Pay, vacation and compensation time were very good, however I was "grandfathered" in when our site was purchased by Honeywell in 2011, so I am uncertain as to the introduction level for pay and benefits.

The organization places emphasis on site accountability and continual communication among all skills levels with continual improvement expected within departments.

Cons

Although there were many good contacts within upper management, I also experienced several upper management individuals who seemed reluctant to make decisions which should have been within there area of responsibility. The threat of losing one's position at higher levels seemed to influence many senior managers to "pass the buck" which wasted time and irritated customers waiting for answers. There also seems to be a general attitude that Honeywell Aerospace treats customers according to the amount of the contracts. Even at our site, the experienced Honeywell managers often made decisions based upon how much money the customer was worth.

The experienced employees at the site were also not thrilled when told, in January 2014, that the site would close and OEM would be transitioned to a site in Mexico. The corporate avarice for the highest possible public stock value has closed other sites Stateside over the last few years, so we were not surprised but very disappointed.

The Aerospace leadership should look closely at, not only the performance of the managers, but also the feedback from subordinates. Some managerial positions such as Quality Assurance managers and Site managers are not provided with the resources to be present at the innumerable, lengthy conference calls and perform there jobs at a "hands on" level. Honeywell has a "cookie cutter" operating system which is good for larger sites, but crippling to smaller sites which are already have employees with too many tasks and are expected to take on more meetings and responsibilities.

Understaffed organization

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Average wag and salary scale

Cons

High-up front deductible health plans. Mammograms, yearly checkups, and prescriptions are not even covered!
    12-16 hour workdays for most staff with few weekends off.
    Hierarchical Organizational Structure that discourages open communication and band 2 or 3 involvement in the decision-making process.
    Severely understaffed in all areas causing multiple failures when staff vacation or are sick.
    Punishment based rather than incentive based.

Hire staff based on customer need rather than obscure metrics gathered at the director level and above aimed to improve profit.
    Company morale is extremely low. High rate of employees seeing counselors, therapists, and on anti-depressants.

8. Great work team

Former Contractor - Warehouse Associate in Groveport, OH
    Former Contractor - Warehouse Associate in Groveport, OH

I worked at Honeywell as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent , and work wasn't too hard at all.

Cons

Never knowing when you got off

Enforce more things

clueless management with great people, promotes people who talk the talk, but have no idea how to walk the walk

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Trying hard, but no real idea where they are going

Cons

no benefits, not care for morale or people
    Company makes tons of money, but gives 2% raises and 1/2 the merit. messages to employee's is really confusing.

Look farther than tomorrow, what is the long term plan, and how can it be profitable, if everything we do has no margin. Stop changing the goal, and let us just do something for once, all the way to the end.

10. Good work balance,better place to learn. No growth and benifits

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good work balance. Chance to work on new technologies. Learn new skills, certifications etc. Good work environment.

Cons

No growth and benifits. Bossgiri. Management level politics

11. Its OK

Current Employee - Chemist in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Chemist in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

good compensation, the company has money so there are good resources to get your job done. They try to do "fun" things for the employees from time to time, like BBQs and parties.

Cons

Massive company with all the normal headaches that come with that. It is very structured and tenure takes precedence over work performance when it comes to promotions.